Author Topic: New free pack Salsa works also on Tyros 5  (Read 2700 times)

Offline voodoo

New free pack Salsa works also on Tyros 5
« on: June 20, 2017, 04:38:52 AM »
Hi together,

there is a new free pack "Salsa" from Yamaha which can be found on the US site:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s970/vse.html

And it seems to be usable on the Tyros 5 as well.

Have fun
Uli
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

The following users thanked this post: frajag, Ed B, Joe H, bazt, Runner4Fun

Offline EileenL

Re: New free pack Salsa works also on Tyros 5
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 04:47:30 AM »
Thank you Uli,
   Will try it on my 970 and Tyros 5.

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 03:09:59 PM »
Pitty there isn't a PPI file with it so I can extract the styles from it to be used on my S950 as I did before with other packs.

Dick
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline Patrick

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 03:37:42 PM »
Hi Dick, you can try them, all the best Patrick

Offline Dick Rector

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 05:01:47 PM »
Patrick, you made my day!!! Thank you very much for sharing. I love salsa and all Latin music.

Warm regards,
Dick
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

Offline chony

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 10:16:11 PM »
Any reviews?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 05:26:21 AM »
The pack styles are very good but do contain three new drum kits so will not work in other keyboards if you don't load the pack with them in. You can try different drum kits but they will need a lot of work making them sound good.

Offline thomas750

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 12:27:58 PM »
thank you patrick  ;D ;D

thomas
I Play Three Keyboards

yamaha prs 770 and korg pa 700 and technis kn 2600

Offline manuel

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2017, 10:52:47 AM »
Eileen is correct, at YCA (Yamaha Corporation of America) made 2 New Percussion Kits with sounds/Voices that are used in the Authentic Cuban music, such an open Cowbell, Cubans calle it Campana abierta, etc...
You need to load the original Salsa Pack to experience how good this Expansion pack is, unfortunately, the extracted styles, will NOT sound properly if played with other Drum/percussion kits.
Manuel

Offline chony

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 08:41:30 AM »
The information above is a bit confusing:

So is it enough to load the PPF file into YEM to get the authentic sound, or is something else needed?

And besides the drum kits are all the other sounds unnecessary to load? (This would be helpful as I don't have much room.)

Offline manuel

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 03:09:37 PM »
The Salsa Pack actually has 3 NEW percussion kits, for those that donīt know it, the Cuban-Caribean music, mainly in the percussion area, they use sounds that are NOT in the regular Drum-percussion kits, think if you wish, like the Middle easter music, it has percussions no available on the other kits....so, therefore, the Pack should ALWAYS be installed complete, that is if you want it to sound correctly.

I must be clear on this, there is NO substitute percussive sounds for this New Kits....on the regular kits.
There is a reason why in Yamaha made this extra kits...and that is, to provide the most authentic musical experience, the closest thing next to an entire Cuban percussion orchestra.

Manuel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 04:26:02 AM »
There are also two SFX files which are not of much use for normal playing so you could leave these of.

The following users thanked this post: henrycar

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 07:08:42 PM »
Thank you so much for this notice.

I am a bit confused . . . . so, will this pack work correctly on Tyros 5 or not . . . . ?

I am not savvy enough to make modifications to styles, kits,  etc.   So, for me it will only work if no modifications are needed on Tyros 5.

thanks so much in advance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline voodoo

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 03:50:28 AM »
Thank you so much for this notice.

I am a bit confused . . . . so, will this pack work correctly on Tyros 5 or not . . . . ?

Yes, they will. The T5 will load the new kits from the expansion pack, and the T5 has all voices that the S970 has. (But I have not tried.)

We discussed, that they will not play on a S750/S950 because they cannot load the new voices.
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline henrycar

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 05:36:17 AM »
Yes it works on T5, but some of the instruments are missing on R1.
Maybe the T5 doesn't have that instrument from the pack. It shows a keyboard instead without sound.You can add your own instrument to R1.
henrycar

Offline EileenL

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 06:51:33 AM »
You must remember that this pack is for the 770 and 970 which only has R1 and R2 on it so will not be the same on Tyros 5. There are no voices as such in the pack. Just three drums kits and two SFX voices.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 07:21:46 AM »
Yes it works on T5, but some of the instruments are missing on R1.

What do you mean with "missing on R1"? Do you talk about the OTS of the styles, or about the voice settings in the registrations?

I think, that the styles will work, because the T5 will use similar voices for voices that are not present on the T5. (There are 65 voices that are exclusive to the S970 that are not present on the T5.)

But as Eileen says: A set specialized for S970 will never work completely on T5, but you can use the styles, the new drums kits and add your own voices on R1.
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline henrycar

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 07:37:38 AM »
It is very well explained by Eileen.
But you have to try the pack voodoo.
The pack like I said works fine on T5 but some fixing, very little,  has to be done.

henrycar

Offline emasters

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2017, 03:33:28 PM »
Now available for the T5 in the expansion store.  Nice how it's free on the S970/770 and $129 for the T5.  Perhaps there's $129 more content in the T5 version....

Offline voodoo

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 12:37:52 AM »
Now available for the T5 in the expansion store.  Nice how it's free on the S970/770 and $129 for the T5.  Perhaps there's $129 more content in the T5 version....

That's amazing. And according to the website, it is the same version. Only for the S670 there is a smaller version.

It seems to be the policy, that contents for the professional line is expensive and content for the home player line is cheaper or free. And sometimes, it's even the same content.
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline jm

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 06:54:28 AM »
Many Thanks Patrick for the styles  :)
Have a great day!
jm
Late Learner! Not blessed with any musical ability!☹️ But love music!  I use headphones so as not offend my husband or anyone else 😂Tyros 3 now Tyros 5.