Author Topic: PSR 770 SEPERATE VOLUME OF STYLE AND RIGHT HAND  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Maz

PSR 770 SEPERATE VOLUME OF STYLE AND RIGHT HAND
« on: June 16, 2017, 10:38:53 PM »
I am trying to separate the volume of the style (left hand) from the Right hand keys (R1 /R2).  I wish to hit a single note with the left hand and determine that volume quite separately from the volume played on right keys.  So play loud style with soft right keys.  With thanks, Maz

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: PSR 770 SEPERATE VOLUME OF STYLE AND RIGHT HAND
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 10:50:28 PM »
I don't own a PSR-S770 keyboard, Maz, but I'm sure you will need to use the Mixing Console to do this.  Please refer to your Owner's or Reference Manuals to call up the Mixing Console and you will be able to edit these parameters.  There will most likely be some voices that you won't be able to select.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Maz

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 05:38:26 AM »
Hi Maz,

You have the same problem with the default keyboard's styles settings as I have with them. The solution is to take the style you want to use and lower the OTS volumes and save them. BUT to keep them you will also have to SAVE the entire style to your USB drive.

So plan ahead where and how to save them. I suggest you set up folders in the same categories that come with the keyboard on your USB drive.

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 05:39:40 AM by DrakeM »

The following users thanked this post: Maz

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 06:49:24 AM »
Best way -  press the 'balance' button, which brings up a small display that lets you alter the relative volumes of the parts.

If this is something you'll be doing often, though, then it's an idea to assign style/right balance to one of the live control knobs. There are 8 sets of assignments available on the knobs, and while we can't store them in registrations, when you switch on it always defaults to set 1. I have set 1 set up with style/right balance on knob 1, and reverb depth on knob 2. These are the things I adjust in real time most often.

Offline ticktock

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 07:41:01 AM »
Hi Maz,

I have the s970 and I know what you mean.

See the Reference Manual page 13 and assign the knob to "Balance/Voice, Style".

Thanks
Ted

Offline Maz

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 08:20:26 PM »
Hi Drake - your suggestion is excellent.  Just read it, will try and report back to you. Many thanks Drake, Maz

Offline Maz

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 02:40:44 AM »
Hello again Drake and others who have tried to help me.  I have learnt a lot using 'assign' and thank you for these suggestions..

Thank you again, Marian

Offline Maz

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 02:45:24 AM »
Thanks very much Roger.  I will clarify my needs in a new post.  Marian

Offline Maz

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 02:47:20 AM »
DerekA

Thanks however, please see my new post. Marian