Author Topic: Next Yamaha arranger is close to appearing  (Read 3556 times)

Online Lloyd E

Next Yamaha arranger is close to appearing
« on: June 15, 2017, 08:10:42 AM »
This morning Tyros Tipsters has a big ad closing out the Tyros 5 at very good prices. This to me means the next arranger is close to being ready for sale to the public. I believe this Fall will see this happen.  Lloyd :D

Offline maartenb

Re: Next Yamaha arranger is close to appearing
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 10:10:04 AM »
I think so, too.

Their ad talks about "final stock" and "the last brand new Tyros 5 stock in the country".

Maarten

Online Bachus

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 03:57:57 AM »
I dont think we will see anything before september....

These might just be the summer sales at The Tipsters..

I guess a september anouncement and in stores in November is still most logical
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Admin of : www.keyszone.boards.net

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 01:44:32 PM »
I can only add this I have a friend who is dealer he tells me Tyros 5 is back ordered until November, hummm that tells us something. :)
Yamaha  Clavinova CVP 307, PSR s970, Korg Pa4x-76
PSR Performer Page  -  Steve's Gig Disks

Offline P Carrington

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 12:37:25 AM »
It will be the end of the Tyros brand, next year Yamaha will produce a very different keyboard which is believed to be more computerised. You can buy a Tyros 5 at a much reduced price because dealers are trying to get rid of their stocks, exactly the same thing happened when the Tyros 5 replaced the 4, but the new keyboard available next year will be a completely different name.

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 12:54:41 AM »
It is so funny to read members are ( apparently ) believing the Genos is the T5 successor and ... will be available soon. :)

It looks like I will not obliged to leave this group.  ;)
But I will if my prediction was not correct.
Jeff
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 01:09:49 AM by Jeff Hollande »
XGW - SONAR PLATINUM - CUBASE 8 WIN - MIXCRAFT8

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »
You're not going anywhere, Jeff, no matter what the outcome.  Please remember, you are now in Lock Down!!!  ;)  ;D  ;D  ;D
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 03:37:24 PM »
I believe if the new keyboard is to computerised it will put a lot of people off and sales would not be as good as they have been in the past.
  There are a lot of people who still do not know just what can be done with Tyros 5, also there are still people that do not use computers. After all if you want more of a synth then go for the Montage. 

Offline Stubby

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 06:58:05 PM »
Eileen, I have no idea what is coming down the pipeline, but 'more computerized' might also mean easier to use, i.e. more user friendly.  Possibly we might see a completely different operating system which is much more intuitive to use for a non-computer geek.  That's my hope anyway. 

I know the Tyros 5 is a very capable and advanced machine, and I'm somewhat tech-savvy compared to my friends, but I still haven't become comfortable with all of its features.  I'm not a professional and only have a few minutes of free time to play each day -- and I'm sure that's the reason why I haven't become more familiar with using the advanced features of the keyboard.  But if Yamaha can introduce something easier to use without losing the sounds I like from my Tyros 5, I'll have my checkbook out!

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 09:25:26 PM »
Hi,

Yamaha are a very traditional manufacturer, respecting the typical needs of their customers.
Their target group is too important for them.

Do not expect this keyboard will be completely different than all their previous high end arranger keyboards.

It will come with a new look, a better sound and a comfortable use, as usual.

A plug and play arranger kb.
 No specific synth applications.

Jeff

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 09:41:27 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 09:45:40 PM »
I think you must secretly work for Yamaha, Jeff.   ;)  :)  ;D
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 09:54:49 PM »
Hi Roger :

You promised me not to tell my private secret to the world !
Remember ? 😄😄😄

Jeff
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 09:58:33 PM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 10:11:19 PM »
Yes, Jeff, I remember.  I used the word "think" and not the word "know".   ;)  ;D

You're about to give away your own secret.  LOL!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 12:56:41 AM »
Now I am serious.

It is a big, a huge mistake, Yami do not say a word about the Genos.

Due their silence the complete second hand Tyros market is in trouble. New T5 models are not sold, even big discounts do not solve the sales stop.

I wonder if Yamaha Japan are aware of the present situation.

Jeff
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 12:58:14 AM by Jeff Hollande »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 03:42:28 AM »
Hi Jeff,
You would not expect Yamaha to say a word about the new keyboard until they are ready. This is and always has been the way they do things. I have been to Yamaha Milton Keynes many times and also met the Japanese team. We were there to discuss what we thought of the currant model and what we would like to see on the new ones coming along in the future. For this we all had to sign agreements that we would not discuss what had been said by them. For there employee's the contract is much stricter. This is why I do not take any notice of what has been written but wait for official news. It will come soon enough.     

The following users thanked this post: Joe H

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 04:39:31 AM »

Hi Eileen,

For many years I know how important your position is within the UK Yamaha organisation.

I am aware all Yamaha employees and dealers have signed the so called " silence agreement ".
We do not want nor expect these people are braking the company rules.

BUT
You surely remember Yamaha announced and showed photos - no specs - of the Tyros1 6 months before it was launched, right ?
No doubt you remember their small Tyros2 puzzle pictures on the internet 2 months before it came on the market, right ?

Today everybody is confused ( endusers and dealers ).
Almost no new T5 business ( even important discounts do not help )  and all T5 owners are afraid of the future price value of their T5.

Why cannot Yamaha tell the public something about their new baby like they did in 2002 and 2006 ?

They are the World Arranger Keyboard Leader.
They do not have to fear any competition.
Roland and some small Italian companies stopped their high end business.
Ketron are no longer a problem for Yamaha.
Korg might be the only competitor but they just launched a software update for their PA4X.   

To avoid more chaos I am hoping Yamaha's managers are informed what is now going on here.  ???

Jeff

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »
I haven't seen this mentioned much unless I missed the discussion, but I'm hoping that the follow-on to the Tyros 5 will still allow me to recall Registrations via MIDI commands.  The newest CVP and PSR keyboard do not allow this, and I have "grown" to really rely on using this feature on the Tyros.  I hope they don't drop that feature ...

(in my case, I do it via wireless MIDI from an iPad running unrealBook, using the mi.1 connect device plugged into MIDI ports on the Tyros5).

-Jim

Online Joe H

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2017, 11:40:11 AM »
... I have been to Yamaha Milton Keynes many times and also met the Japanese team. We were there to discuss what we thought of the currant model and what we would like to see on the new ones coming along in the future. For this we all had to sign agreements that we would not discuss what had been said by them...     

This may very well explain why Yamaha USA stopped accepting upgrade suggestions via email.  I was told by Tech support that they could no longer accept ideas from customers via email (for legal reasons) and was told to post my ideas on this forum... because marketing managers are reading it on a regular basis.

So better watch out... Yamaha is monitoring everything we say... and who is saying it!

;D
 8)
 :-X
 :-[
 :P

;)

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 11:41:43 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 02:35:23 PM »
If Yamaha listen----------------

Make a compatible daw for the Genos with piano roll that is detailed and sys ex that works.
I would pay for a quality matching Daw
Also upgrade Piano's saxes and Guitars

Bigger memory

Less do dooos  and rubbish like that.
Better sound system to go with the keyboard ( No Boom and tinny top) 8)
 No battery wires and messy set up for satellite speakers
Lets have a quality speaker system ,even If it cost us £500
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 02:40:47 PM by ugawoga »

Offline J. Larry

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 08:54:40 PM »
One personís rubbish may be another oneís gold.  Iíd like more of the choral stuff.  Maybe not so much doo bee doo, but scat voices for jazz soloing and fabulous-sounding choral sounds, showing off the potential of the human voice.

Offline Constrictor

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 05:52:41 AM »
This morning Tyros Tipsters has a big ad closing out the Tyros 5 at very good prices. This to me means the next arranger is close to being ready for sale to the public. I believe this Fall will see this happen.  Lloyd :D

We talk about the new Tyros (or Genos).
I think the industrial production of any object, must find a market that responds appropriately. I mean that at the price of over 4,000 euros, how many are there?
Let's not forget that the Yamaha arranger, they are with a "partially closed system", with often locked parameters.
It's a castrated system.
Ketron and Korg are not so and myself, I am a holder of Yamaha Tyros5.
Among other things, I think buying such an expensive keyboard requires you to sell what you own and in the case of Tyros5, it's not easy.

Regards.
Franco
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 06:04:03 AM by Constrictor »