Author Topic: Question about loading styles as ppf?  (Read 251 times)

Offline XeeniX

Question about loading styles as ppf?
« on: May 19, 2017, 08:19:56 AM »
Hi,

I was wondering about loading styles via YEM. You can pick the styles from a usb or from your hd without using YEM. Is there any advantage to load them via a ppf file and do they use valuable memory from the expansion card? I saw the Golden Oldies (3rd party) style pack on Musicsoft and noticed it is in two formats once bought (talking about the midi version).
1) as a PPF file and 2) as seperate normal style files.

I also saw when reading up ( part of the fun while waiting for my Tyros to arrive :) ) that you can add all sorts of files (PDF, txt, etc.)  and add those to a custom ppf file but what is the difference and why would one want to include a pdf into a ppf?

Perhaps it all become clear once I can actually use YEM but any info on forehand would be nice :)

thanks in advance,

Peter 8)

-----
There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
-----

Offline Joe H

Re: Question about loading styles as ppf?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 08:27:12 AM »
Hi Peter.

I see no advantage to loading styles as a .ppf  in YEM as a "pack", which then requires you to add the style pack along with other packs to install in your keyboard.  There is actually a disadvantage to loading styles as a pack and that is that if you wish to edit one of those styles later on you will have to save the style as a User Style to your hard drive or USB drive.  Any files installed in a pack are subject to this rule.  You cannot save any edited pack files back to the expansion memory location.

Joe H
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:30:51 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: XeeniX

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 11:46:28 AM »
Thanks Joe for clearing that up,

No PPF for styles it is then :)

regards,

Peter

-----
There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
-----

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 05:20:26 PM »
Peter,

By the way... you can actually add any styles to any pack as "Content".   But as I have noted above, there is not much value in that since any edits once in the keyboard will require they become User Styles... saved back somewhere else.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: XeeniX