Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Clavinova CVP Digital Pianos

CVP 705 headphone volume

(1/2) > >>

mikf:
I am finding that my new 705 has very low headphone volume. I have never experienced this before on any of my Yamaha keyboards. I tried other headphones but the result is the same so its clearly the keyboard. I suspect my keyboard has a faulty DAC on the headphone circuit, but thought I would ask if anyone else has a 705 ( or similar model) and  this problem.
Mike

tangothomas:
I have a 605 and a 709 and the headphone output is much higher on the 605 than the newer model.

That can be a problem with some headphones. But my Sennheiser HD 650 gives enough volume on both models. On 605 my volumeknob is set at 12 o clock and to reach same listening volume on the 709 I have to turn the knob to almost 3 o clock.

The same applies when playing through speakers - have to dial the 709 to 3 o clock to reach comfortable level.

Tried a DAC via line out but did not get better sound but much more volume on CVP 709.

mikf:
Your experience is the similar to mine because I also have a 605 and the 705 is quite different in headphone volume. On the 705 even full up is not that loud on the headphones whereas I normally only have internal speakers set about 12 - 2o clock. Since you experience something similar I suspect this is a design fault on the headphone DAC although mine seems a little worse than yours.
On the menu you can increase headphone volume quite dramatically by accessing the compressor settings and increasing gain slightly but unfortunately it also sends internal speaker volume sky high. So although it's a workaround it is not ideal.
Mike

frankmusik:
Hi Mike, it had the same with cvp customers.
the professional headphones are often built in different impedance for optimal Volume on your Instrument.

So e.g. Beyerdynamic (german ) built her headphone in 32 Ohms 250 Ohms and 600 Ohms ..

So http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-ohm.htm
P=U2/R

and if you have to low output your headphone has to much impedance ...

greetings frank

mikf:
That might be the reason but to make the 700 series different to the 600 series seems strange.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version