Author Topic: Large touch screen for Montage  (Read 835 times)

Offline pjd

Large touch screen for Montage
« on: May 12, 2017, 10:18:03 AM »
Hi --

Just came across this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWGcXz__oPs&feature=youtu.be

and thread:

https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/interesting-video

I don't mean to start off yet another thread on the merits of touchscreens, but this tech looks interesting. Maybe be able to do this with the Tyros successor (T++)?

All the best -- pj

Offline mikf

Re: Large touch screen for Montage
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 10:33:58 AM »
I might be missing something but I can't see how this could possibly work. For the screen touch to control keyboard functions would surely need extensive software and drivers in the montage. If they existed I expect the montage would come with a touch screen in the first place.
Mike

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 11:10:19 AM »
Hi Mike,

The Montage does already have a 7" TFT Color Wide VGA LCD touch screen!

If you read the thread on the Yamaha Synth forum in the second link in pj's post, and read far enough down, you will see that someone claims that they have got this to work, although when enabled it does turn off the keyboard's internal screen.

Maybe someone will check it out on a high end CVP touch screen sometime, although even though both screens are a similar size, the CVP ones are angled more upright  than the Montage!

Regards

Ian

Online Bachus

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 12:33:43 PM »
With the current interface its obvious that the montage would have done much much better with a 10" touchscreeen...

However, i dont see much use for having the same interface as on the onboard screen on a 2nd touchscreen....  a big touchscreen however, could have added all the things they removed from the motif when creating the montage... midi editing, sequencer... pattern mode... and espescially arp creation tools ...    but also sheet music display ...
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Admin of : www.keyszone.boards.net