Author Topic: PSR-S670 Newbie question  (Read 692 times)

Offline PhotographicaUK

PSR-S670 Newbie question
« on: April 24, 2017, 12:08:04 PM »
Hello all,
I have just taken delivery of a PSR-S670 keyboard which i realise is very much the baby brother for PSRTuturials members.

I am really enjoying your lessons and wanted to add some extras to my keyboard and "put something back" by buying your lessons plus download.  However, i notice my keyboard does not appear much in any lessons.  so i was worried that if I bought it, i would not be able to use a lot of the files.

Am i right to be concerned?

Advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Peter

Offline DerekA

Re: PSR-S670 Newbie question
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 04:51:14 AM »
Hello

The operating system used on your S670 is very similar to the one used in the other PSR and Tyros ranges. It is true that some material won't apply, and the S670 uses cursor buttons on the screen rather than A-J buttons down the sides, but the majority of the information in the lessons will be useful.

It's also the case that most of the styles etc. produced for the older keyboards (i.e. pre 2015) will work fine on the S670, since the voice and style technology which was new with the previous top-end models is now in your S670. For example I reckon that the S670 is very much comparable to the previous generation S750.

Have fun!
S770

Offline PhotographicaUK

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 05:41:58 AM »
Thanks Derek,

I have just ordered Lessons plus 2016!  should i expect an email to tell me how to download it?  So far only the paypal confirmation.  look forward to the download.

I came across the site whilst searching for information, looks amazing so far.  I am very new to playing, though i always wanted to learn...

Peter

Offline PhotographicaUK

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 05:44:29 AM »
Hello Derek, i just answered my own second question, it explains the download email on the orders page - i hadn't spotted that...

Offline aprilla

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 11:03:55 AM »
Hi Peter, Eventually (unless you upgrade every five minutes) our keyboards move down the page but I think you'll find as you explore this site that much of what you read can apply to your keyboard in some way or other. But if you are lucky you might have to do some tweaking, if you try you will learn lots!
There are excellent free programs (yes, free) which will help you if you need to examine, convert, fix or whatever from members Jørgen Sørensen http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/ and Michael Bedesem https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/board,48.0.html

Enjoy your S670
S900

The following users thanked this post: PhotographicaUK

Online Joe W

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 11:16:36 AM »
Hi, Peter,

Just saw your order and have responded to it.  It is true that a lot of the lessons refer to and have illustrations from the PSR-3000 and the Tyros2 or Tyros3.  However, the basic operations of the Yamaha arranger keyboards from the PSR-2000 onward have remained similar.  Newer keyboards have more styles and have more voices.  They all take USB drives now, and the Tyros models all include hard drives.  But, they all have 4 style variations, they all have left and right-hand voices, they all have OTS, they all have MusicFinder, they all have registrations, and they all allow the user to modify styles.  The buttons on your particular model may be in a different place on the keyboard, but they should be there somewhere and they will operate just as the lessons indicate.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: PhotographicaUK

Offline PhotographicaUK

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 11:27:57 PM »
Thanks both, I look forward to learning and enjoying, with help from the site.

Joe, thanks for letting me know you had processed my order, I noticed "supporter" has appeared my my messages.

How do i access the additional content and the downloads page?

Thanks.