Author Topic: How to use P.A.T  (Read 950 times)

Offline Arnak

How to use P.A.T
« on: April 22, 2017, 05:43:14 PM »
Hi Folks,

I have just stumbled across P.A.T. ::)

After reading the manual I still do not completely understand how to set it up and use it so can someone please explain in simple terms what it can be used for please?

I would like to add a score so that I can just play the right hand melody and have the chords play for me, is that possible?

From what I have read it uses a midi file which has been run through PSRUTI, which I have downloaded.

Thanks,

Martin

Offline EileenL

Re: How to use P.A.T
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 07:22:14 AM »
P.A.T Performance assisted technology. When pat is switched on you can play any notes on the keyboard and they will follow the key of the midi file. That means that if the Midi is in the key of A and you play in C it will still sound OK. You can also record it to your midi file. It is really just a fun thing.

The following users thanked this post: rezaazadi1361

Offline Arnak

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 09:45:31 AM »
Hi Eileen,

Thanks very much for the reply. ;D

So if I have a midi file with the songs backing and the chords and the midi file is in A but I play in C then does the playback change to C?

Martin

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 10:03:53 AM »
I was not avare of this feature, and never tried it, but thanks to this tread I found something about it in the ovners manual page 63 and reference guide page 60.
Maybe I'm wrong, but could this be something that could be extra fun for the grandkids? Whaterer they do when playback a midifile will sound within the right key?
Guess I have to try to find out ...  ;D
Cheers & Happy Playing.  :)
GJ

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 12:27:21 PM »
Hi Martin,
   The notes you play will play back in the key the midi file is in.

Children love this feature as it makes them feel they are actually playing a tune.

Offline Arnak

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 03:40:01 AM »
Hi Eileen,

Ahh, I see. :D

Perhaps it will bring out my inner child..... ;D

Thanks,

Martin