Author Topic: Hi from New member  (Read 431 times)

Offline Keyboardguy

Hi from New member
« on: April 19, 2017, 01:38:37 AM »
Hi All,
proud owner of a recently acquired Tyros 3 here! I'm from South Wales UK and I've been playing keyboards, organ and piano for, well let's say many years. I reached Grade 5 on piano and even as a kid I was always fascinated with electronic organs (arranger keyboards weren't even thought of then), so I progressed from piano to organ. Within a year I was playing in local pubs and Workingmen's clubs, sometimes with a drummer but mostly solo. Eventually the organ was sold and I moved on to keyboards, mainly for the portable convenience and the sense of familiarity.

My taste in music is fairly broad, ranging from oldies, Big Band, Easy L, current charts and Dance. I'm the wrong side of 50 but quite young-minded! My current kit line-up includes the T3, Roland E-70 and a Yamaha EZ-200 (ok technically it belongs to my youngest daughter, but I seem to play it more than she does these days). I also have a Yamaha HS8, a D-85, a Technics U90 Pro and a Wersi Helios W2S. I don't play publicly any more, only for my own enjoyment at home and occasionally for friends when I'm asked.

So I bought a Tyros 3, which I'm loving. I'm getting on with it fine and finding new stuff each day and even though it's quite intuitive to use, I'm sure I'll have some questions for the more experienced owners here! I hope to post some more detailed thoughts and views in future.
Keyboards: Tyros 3, Roland E-70.

Organs: Yamaha HS8, Yamaha D-85, Technics U90 Pro, Wersi Helios W2S.

Online Roger Brenizer

Re: Hi from New member
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:05:01 AM »
Hi Neil,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I enjoyed reading your short biography and you certainly have an impressive background.  I'm sure you're going to learn a great deal about your Tyros 3 keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

We have many things in common and I noticed you own and play a Yamaha Electone HS-8.  I own two HS-8T's, having bought the first one new in 1987.  I still play mine and I'm sure you do also.  They still produce some marvelous sounds today.

You'll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.
http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:
http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

We're so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here who are always willing help you.  I'm sure it will only be a matter of time and you will be helping others also.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 11:27:05 AM »
Hi All...

... I'm the wrong side of 50 but quite young-minded!

Neil,

I wouldn't fret too much about that... it's when you are on the wrong side of 80 you might want to get a little concerned about some things.

;D

Welcome... and I'm sure you will pick up a few tips here now and then.

Joe H
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:55:14 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Keyboardguy

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 01:30:24 AM »
Hi Roger,
many thanks for the warm welcome, and to Joe also. The HS-8 is a great organ and I have the CVS-10 drawbar expander and the MDR-4 FDD. I was considering replacing it with an EL-900, but I've wanted a Tyros for ages and when one came along I went for it! The reason I mentioned the CVS-10 is that I reckon it should work ok with the T3, as I can get some great sounds from it including a rather decent 'well-known German kit organ sound,' so I was going to ask if anyone has tried it.

I'm very happy to have been accepted as a member, as this is a site full of great resources. Thanks again.

Best regards,
Keyboards: Tyros 3, Roland E-70.

Organs: Yamaha HS8, Yamaha D-85, Technics U90 Pro, Wersi Helios W2S.