Author Topic: DSP-Effect settings: Conversion Tyros 4 to PSR-S970  (Read 514 times)

Offline Runner4Fun

DSP-Effect settings: Conversion Tyros 4 to PSR-S970
« on: April 09, 2017, 08:32:27 AM »
Hi, folks:
Hopefully somebody knows something about the following.
Say, a costumized T4-Style (i.e. a specific song related style) with a registration was created on a Tyros 4 and includes individual DSP-settings. These style-specific DSP-effect-settings are normally saved within the DSPs 8 and 9 of the Tyros 4.
The PSR S970 has besides Reverb, Chorus and DSP 1 settings only DSPs 2 to 4.
If this T4-style  is used on a S970, changed and saved on this S970, what happens with the DSPs 8 and 9 of the T4 when converting the settings into the S970 ?
What have to be done on the S970 ? I suppose, the concerning style-specific voice-DSP-settings have to be re-arranged by the mixing console of the S970.

I would be very grateful for any comments or ideas,
Regards,
Klaus
Best Regards, Klaus
... and have fun playing your preferred Keyboard !

Online DerekA

Re: DSP-Effect settings: Conversion Tyros 4 to PSR-S970
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 05:07:22 AM »
The S970 can only apply one DSP to the style - DSP1.

Best guess - As far as I know, DSP settings are not actually tied to specific numbers, but rather to what they are being used for (though with the constraint that DSP1 is for the style, and DSP2-4 are for L, R1 and R2). So the registration is saying "I want to apply two DSPs to the style parts". The S970 can only provide one, so it will choose one of the two defined DSP selections from the style and use it for DSP1.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:20:33 AM by DerekA »
S770

The following users thanked this post: Runner4Fun