Author Topic: Yamaha Musikmesse 2017  (Read 2245 times)

Offline pjd

Yamaha Musikmesse 2017
« on: April 05, 2017, 06:11:10 AM »
Hi --

A quick pointer to the Yamaha Musikmesse 2017 page:

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/news_events/2017/yamaha-presents-new-products-at-musikmesse-2017.html

Yamaha listed the following new portable keyboard products:

PSR-E263
    YPT-260
    PSR-E363
    PSR-EW300
    DD-75

The PSR-EW300 is a 76-key touch responsive keyboard with 574 voices and 165 styles. The PSR-E363 is the 61-key version.

The Venova YVS-100 is an acoustic, take-along, "casual wind instrument." This thing could be fun!

The Yamaha Musikmesse 2017 page has links to all of this stuff.

Have fun -- pj

Offline pjd

Re: Yamaha Musikmesse 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 06:21:31 AM »
Just watched the demo videos for the Venova. It looks like somebody's virtual pipe modeling program inspired this thing!

It has an honest to goodness mouthpiece and reed, producing a sax-like tone.

Smart business! This could be a good entry-level acoustic instrument leading to clarinet or sax (and, ka-ching, sales).

All the best -- pj

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/winds/casual_wind_instruments/venova/index.html

Online Bachus

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 12:52:05 PM »
The 263 and 363 where allready anounced at Namm

Highlight of the show for Yamaha (where it comes to keys) is the new CLP 600 piano range...  which probably  means we will see a new CVP series next year..   with th etyros probably being replaced later this years... one can pretty much guess what will be inside the CVP series..
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Admin of : www.keyszone.boards.net

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:40:21 PM »
I already knew about the PSR-EW300 from a PDF brochure that Yamaha had created for NAMM, although I don't think they had one on display at NAMM; it wasn't mentioned in the press releases for NAMM, and I didn't see one in any of the videos from NAMM. My gut feeling is that the PSR-EW300, as well as the PSR-EW400 that came out last year, are indications that Yamaha will (probably/hopefully) release 76-key versions of the next crop of PSR-S models. :)
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline voodoo

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 04:52:05 AM »
I watched the presentation of the new Nord Stage 3:

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/nord-stage-3

It has 2 GB RAM for Piano Samples and 480 MB RAM for the Sample Library. Just to watch what the competitors offer for memory sizes. And it is similar to Yamaha:

* The Piano samples offer multiple velocity layers, note off samples, string resonance etc, but can be produced only by Nord, similar to Yamaha's Super Articulation voices. However, the Nord Piano Library is available for free for all players of Nord keyboards. This is a good services for customers. Other stage pianos cannot change sounds at all.

* The standard samples can be made by everyone using a easy to use sample editor similar to the YEM. But it offers only one velocity layer, thus staying behind the possibilities of the YEM.

And of course the Nord instruments do not offer any style playing whatso ever. So this is a completely different category. But I find it interesting to see the similarities concerning sampling technology.

Uli
Yamaha PSR-S970
Nord Electro 5D

Online Bachus

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 11:21:26 AM »
I watched the presentation of the new Nord Stage 3:

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/nord-stage-3

It has 2 GB RAM for Piano Samples and 480 MB RAM for the Sample Library. Just to watch what the competitors offer for memory sizes. And it is similar to Yamaha:

* The Piano samples offer multiple velocity layers, note off samples, string resonance etc, but can be produced only by Nord, similar to Yamaha's Super Articulation voices. However, the Nord Piano Library is available for free for all players of Nord keyboards. This is a good services for customers. Other stage pianos cannot change sounds at all.

* The standard samples can be made by everyone using a easy to use sample editor similar to the YEM. But it offers only one velocity layer, thus staying behind the possibilities of the YEM.

And of course the Nord instruments do not offer any style playing whatso ever. So this is a completely different category. But I find it interesting to see the similarities concerning sampling technology.

Uli

The Nord is a great instrument for the Stage, when playing in a band...  all your bread and butter sounds are there..

I dont see much use comparing it with anything yamaha has to offer... its in a range of itself, with direct access and comtroll to every parameter from the fromtpanel with dedicated buttons and knobs..

This instrument is almost the direct opposite of the Tyros...in every part of its design philosophy
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Offline gogo

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 11:13:11 PM »
I was at the Messe and played the new CLPs. Not bad. The highest model, the 685, has a good keyboard touch. Other things have not really changed much, the new cabinet has rounded edges and they said there was an improved resonance. This, of cource, could not be tested in situ because of the noise around and the low quality headphones Yamaha always provide. There are also separate panel buttons for quick switch between Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer which I find very handy.

In my opinion, the live demonstration of the 685 was pretty lame, they showcased the instrument mainly as an accompaniment tool to backing tracks and voice - and this is hardly the usual home setup. One buys the CLP to play it as a solo piano, for an accompaniment the CVP line would be more suitable. Anyway. The most important thing is to have fun while playing so I do not complain against this additional option.

New good thing - the CLP can connect via Bluetooth to an iPad so that one can stream their music from the iPad. So, the CLP can serve as expensive 4000€ worth loudspeakers.

I am really looking forward to testing the 600s in a more quiet environment.

Regarding the other new keyboards - PSR-E and PSR-EW - they are too low end and reminded me of the DGX I had many years ago. Still, it's nice to have options at any price range.

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 06:43:32 AM »
It is so strange we do not see / hear any Genos news.

It takes a very long time before Yamaha are launching their newest high end arranger keyboard. It took about 4 years ( 2006 ) before the Tyros 1 was replaced by the Tyros 2. 

It looks like we might expect a lot of changes after the Tyros dynasty. A period of 15 years.

Jeff
XGW - SONAR PLATINUM - CUBASE 8 WIN - MIXCRAFT8

Offline fikke

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 07:40:44 AM »
It is not so strange that they don't speak about the new Tyros or genos. They will bring it on the market around november but they still need to sell all the Tyros 5 before that.

Online Bachus

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 08:13:02 AM »
It is not so strange that they don't speak about the new Tyros or genos. They will bring it on the market around november but they still need to sell all the Tyros 5 before that.

They might have shown it behind the scenes to the insiders (who are extremely tightlipped) but we will not know...

Lets just hope we will see a Tyros 5 follow up by the end of the year...  and lets hope it is a huge step forward...   i allready sold my Tyros 5 now it is still worth good money...

Offline voodoo

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 12:04:22 AM »
Lets just hope we will see a Tyros 5 follow up by the end of the year...  and lets hope it is a huge step forward...   i allready sold my Tyros 5 now it is still worth good money...

I also have thought about this already. But there is no reason to sell my S970 now. When the T6 will be a big deal, I can sell it later, otherwise I will keep it. Currently the S970 is the newest arranger, offering some advantages even against the T5.

Uli
Yamaha PSR-S970
Nord Electro 5D