Author Topic: Get chords for (almost) any song  (Read 1115 times)

Offline LArmatage

Get chords for (almost) any song
« on: April 04, 2017, 05:36:02 AM »
Hello from Canada;
     This may have been covered in past posts..... if so, sorry about that.

There is a site where you can put in the title of almost any song, and it will show you the chord progression, and when to change them. You can pause it, and  write down the progression.
The toughest chord pattern I've ever tried is the chorus for "Girl From Ipanema", and it gives it from about 4 artists, including Stan Getz and Frank Sinatra.

It's a free site, but you have to register.
Give a look >>> play.riffstation.com

Hope it is of use. The changes seem to be a little more involved than is necessary.

Larry

Offline Beatriz

Re: Get chords for (almost) any song
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:57:32 AM »
Thank you, Larry!
It's very usefull and interesting!  :)
My best regards,
Beatriz

"If we all waited until we were perfect musicians before we played an instrument, there would be no music in the world." (James Aebersold)

Offline sugarplumsss

• Thank you for this wonderful place!
  • Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 10:45:30 AM »
My friend, I coincidentally went to that site last week. The chords did not appear correct.

Btw decades ago I learned chords to Ipanema in 12 keys... though I have to remain mindful when I do that on a gig!

How about echord? I used to be a member of it.. they charged an annual rate ( I believe $25 )
I am not responsible for ECHORD but their chords seemed better to me. And pop music is the category of music that interests me now. And possibly echord is better for pop music ( post tin pan alley )
This is a very helpful forum

Offline voodoo

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 03:19:49 AM »
Do you know this site:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

It offers many lead sheets with text and chords.
Yamaha PSR-S970
Nord Electro 5D

Online Jørgen

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 05:35:07 AM »
Hello from Canada;
     This may have been covered in past posts..... if so, sorry about that.

Hi

Last year I wrote a software program which could save the chords in 4 formats: text / html / MIDI / Yamaha Song

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/btrack/index.htm

Unfortunately riffstation has recently changed the code / technology and this is no more possible...  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

Jørgen

The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline mikf

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 06:30:52 AM »
There are several of these 'chord' sites - I think tab HD is another. The chords are submitted by ordinary contributors without any checking so the quality varies especially on songs with advanced chords and unusual changes. It's not uncommon for there to be several versions where the chords are not the same and outright wrong. The artist names are not really relevant except to try to find the songs.
There are paid sites like Musicnotes where you can buy professional level lead sheets, and I have found these to be usually pretty high quality.
Mike