Author Topic: PSR E353 Change Split Point  (Read 759 times)

Offline danika

PSR E353 Change Split Point
« on: March 27, 2017, 02:41:21 PM »
I understand how to turn the split point on.  However I still can't figure out how to change the split point or to set the voices in each split.  Can someone please help?

Offline SeaGtGruff

Re: PSR E353 Change Split Point
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 03:31:11 PM »
To turn on the Split Mode, press the Split button.

To select the Split Voice, press and hold the Split button until the S.Voice function appears, then select the voice you want to use to the left of the Split Point.

To select the Main Voice, press the Voice button and select the voice you want to use to the right of the Split Point.

To change the position of the Split Point, press and hold the Acmp On/Off button until the SplintPnt function appears, then select the note where you want the Split Point to be. Note: That shortcut works on most other PSR-E models, but I'm not sure whether it works on the PSR-E353. If pressing and holding the Acmp On/Off button doesn't take you to the SplitPnt function, just press the Function button and navigate to the SplitPnt function.

You can also get to the S.Voice function by just pressing the Function button and navigating to the S.Voice function.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline danika

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 12:37:13 PM »
Thanks for your response.

The Acmp button doesn't work for changing functions on this model, so I used the alternative you suggested. However, when I get to the Split Point function, pressing a key does not change the split point. I've tried other ideas, but none of them work.  The documentation says the Split Point can be changed but doesn't say how to do it.

And the Yamaha support number (the real one that you finally get to after listening to 10 ads on the listed number) is always busy.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 04:20:44 PM »
Once you have opened the 'Function' display, you need to move through the functions to Function # 006; 'SplitPnt', by pressing the 'Function' button repeatedly.  Each press should increment the function number displayed by 1.

The number to the left of the function name is the MIDI note number of the current Split Point (default note # 054 'F#2').

Once the correct function is shown, you can adjust the position of the split point by using the number buttons of the numerical keypad to enter the note number of the new split point.  The manual says that the range is from 036 (C1) to 096 (C6).

This is explained at the top of page 40 of the 'Owner's Manual' in the section 'The Functions', and at the bottom of the page you can see a list of all the functions with the range, default setting and description of each one, including 006 'Split Point'.

I can't see any mention of holding down the 'ACMP' button for a few seconds to open the function display directly, so as SeaGtGruff said, that shortcut may not be implemented on the E353, but you should be able to access it by pressing the Function panel button..

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:24:03 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline danika

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 02:24:52 PM »
Thanks.  These suggestions worked.