Author Topic: Sheet music on an tablet  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Rolf Lindell

Sheet music on an tablet
« on: March 19, 2017, 03:58:38 AM »
Has anyone Heard of a computer program that can handle sheet Music in such a way that I, as a user, with ease can change song.
Please make an recommendation of the program, if there is such program. It is beginning to be a lot of sheets now and it would be
a great help to have it all on a tablet
PSR S770

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Sheet music on an tablet
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 04:27:18 AM »
Has anyone Heard of a computer program that can handle sheet Music in such a way that I, as a user, with ease can change song.
Please make an recommendation of the program, if there is such program. It is beginning to be a lot of sheets now and it would be
a great help to have it all on a tablet

I use asongbook but BauM software. Just watch the video.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline reya

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 04:30:25 AM »
I know of the following programs

Mobilesheets Pro, available for Android and Windows 10 tablets
Forscore, available for iPad

I use Mobilesheets Pro on a 17" inch Android tablet, and have it configured so that, when I load a registration file on the PSR S770, the corresponding music score is automatically loaded on the tablet (through MIDI connection)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 05:03:35 AM by reya »
Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline JohnStarbuck

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 05:53:32 AM »
I use Forescore Ap on iPad Pro. I'm completely satisfied with both. Next to my keyboard, it IS my favorite thing.You may want to consider a page turner (pedal) as well!
Best,John

Offline Rolf Lindell

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 07:36:23 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I am going to check up For Score since I have an android tablet.
According to the videos on the internet it looks great.
PSR S770

Offline Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 08:09:29 AM »
At the moment forScore is not available for an Android tablet.
I use Orpheus on my Android Tablet and it's perfect. Only 3.04 for the pro version
There is a free version but FREE means limited.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gramercy.orpheus&hl=en

Matrix

Offline Marty

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 03:33:15 PM »
I use ForScore on the iPad and have my Psr S770 perform the page turns via a song (midi) file. Saves on a foot pedal !

Marty

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 02:44:56 AM »
I have used "Unrealbook" for several years on my iPad.  I have several hundred songs on it, and they can be annotated and linked.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 04:16:52 AM »
Rolf has an Android tablet so the above will not be available for him.

Offline Rolf Lindell

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 03:59:08 PM »
I have downloaded Orpheus and it works OK with PDF files. I have a lot of ordinary sheet music. I was thinking of making Pictures in my tablet of the sheet, but then it ends up like an jpg file.
I cant understand how I go from there
PSR S770

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 04:48:09 PM »
I have downloaded Orpheus and it works OK with PDF files. I have a lot of ordinary sheet music. I was thinking of making Pictures in my tablet of the sheet, but then it ends up like an jpg file.

If by "go from there" you mean convert the jpg to a pdf, there are lots of converters available. Just google "jpg to pdf".

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline reya

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 01:40:34 AM »

You may also find additional info on a Orpheus forum.
If you were to go for Mobilesheets Pro on Android, it will handle jpg, pdf, png and many other file types out of the box. No need for conversion
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:42:15 AM by reya »
Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline Rolf Lindell

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 01:57:09 AM »
This means that Mobile Sheet is a bit sharper than Orpheus. Wonder if there is a trial version available
PSR S770

Offline reya

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2017, 02:35:33 AM »
This means that Mobile Sheet is a bit sharper than Orpheus. Wonder if there is a trial version available

Yes there is, it is called mobilesheets free

You can find a link to it on the BUY tab of their website. See below

http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/
Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline reya

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 05:45:32 AM »
Before starting to digitize your songs, you may also give it some thought, what the optimale score file size is for you.
The bigger the (image)file, the harder the tablet will have to work to load it.
Out of the box, a lot of tablets have the picture resolution in the camera app, set to the maximum capability of the image sensor. So you may end up with pictures of your score of a couple of megabytes per page.
Multiply that by the average pages per score and the number of scores you intend to digitize and you will get an idea of the total size of your digital music library.
So it may be wize to expirment a bit to find the lowest resolution that gives you good readability, before starting to digitize.

To give you something to compare to:  My digital song library currently has 1990 songs (mostly single and dual page lead sheets). It takes up some 580 Mb of storage. Which is an average of 300 kb per song (not per page)
At the time I started to digitize, I chose to scan my scores to .png file type using a flatbedscanner and a program on pc, which for me, gave the best results.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:51:14 AM by reya »
Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline simondrake

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2017, 08:24:36 AM »
I know of the following programs

Mobilesheets Pro, available for Android and Windows 10 tablets
Forscore, available for iPad

I use Mobilesheets Pro on a 17" inch Android tablet, and have it configured so that, when I load a registration file on the PSR S770, the corresponding music score is automatically loaded on the tablet (through MIDI connection)

Dear Reya,
can I ask you how you set the keyboard to get linked to mobilesheetpro?

I own a psr 3000 and would like to load a song on the tablet and have the corresponding registration loaded on my psr.

I asked Mike Zuber, the author of MSP, and he replied this:

You can easily change the selected Voice on the keyboard using control change messages or a program change message (patch select may work, I haven't verified). If you are already in the performance mode, do you just need to select one of the entries between 0 and 127? There is also something in the MIDI data sheet called "MASTER TUNE". That can be triggered using a more complicated system exclusive message. I don't really know what the master tune is though. Without knowing your keyboard better, I'm not really sure what setting it is I should be trying to trigger.

but I don't need to select a patch (voice), I need to select a registration or a Music Finder entry.

Can you please help me?

Simone

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2017, 08:37:17 AM »
Dear Reya,

I own a psr 3000 and would like to load a song on the tablet and have the corresponding registration loaded on my psr.

You can easily change the selected Voice on the keyboard using control change messages or a program change message (patch select may work, I haven't verified). If you are already in the performance mode, do you just need to select one of the entries between 0 and 127? There is also something in the MIDI data sheet called "MASTER TUNE". That can be triggered using a more complicated system exclusive message. I don't really know what the master tune is though. Without knowing your keyboard better, I'm not really sure what setting it is I should be trying to trigger.

but I don't need to select a patch (voice), I need to select a registration or a Music Finder entry.

Can you please help me?

Simone

From other threads on this subject, we'v determined you cannot do this on a PSR. An app can load a registration from the hard drive of a Tyros, but this feature is not available on PSRs.

On both model lines (PSR and Tyros) you can go the other way -- your registration, with an appropriate midi file, can load the sheet music on your tablet if your app supports this feature.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline reya

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2017, 11:15:45 AM »
Dear Reya,

Can you please help me?

Simone

Hi Simone,

I am afraid I can only confirm what Fred wrote.
What you want to do cannot be done on PSR, only the other way around.

See the thread I started about this some time ago.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=34730.0

Kind regards
Rudy
Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline simondrake

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2017, 01:26:30 PM »
Dear Fred and Rudy, thanks for responding. Now I realize that what I need is not possible.

I think I can try the other way around. Before starting can you suggest me some indication?

Should I start from creating the registrations with a dummy midi file in it as Fred showed in his nice tutorial? In this case I would use one reg button each song right?

And the. How can I have a list of songs to chose from ? I will use my songs in church they are about 150

And finally how do I control my tablet ( which can receive midi input by the way)

Thanks for helping me...

Regards, Simone

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2017, 04:59:00 PM »
Dear Fred and Rudy, thanks for responding. Now I realize that what I need is not possible.

I think I can try the other way around. Before starting can you suggest me some indication?

Should I start from creating the registrations with a dummy midi file in it as Fred showed in his nice tutorial? In this case I would use one reg button each song right?

And the. How can I have a list of songs to chose from ? I will use my songs in church they are about 150

And finally how do I control my tablet ( which can receive midi input by the way)

Thanks for helping me...

Regards, Simone

You can use one button per song if you like, but most of us use one bank (8 buttons) per song.
The advantage of using the full bank per song is you can name your registration as the name of the song. Then finding a song is easy.

Not sure about your question of how to "control my tablet". If you know it can receive midi input, that's all you need. When set up properly, loading the registration will automatically play the midi file, which communicates with the app to load the desired pdf file. All you need to do is go "wow" when you press a registration button and the correct sheet music appears on the tablet.

Fred

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2017, 06:00:13 AM »
Just out of interest how do you add your sheet music to the Mobilesheets Pro app on your android tablet ?

Offline Rumocool

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2017, 06:20:19 AM »
Hello Matrix,

I use dropbox for that.

Regards,
Rudolf

Offline Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 06:21:48 AM »
Once you have your scores in dropbox and synced across can you store then on the SDMicro card, if so how is this done  :)

Offline Rumocool

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2017, 07:17:49 AM »
Hello Matrix,

store on sd card must be possible, never tryd it.

When you open the pdf files in dropbox you can export it ( right corner upstairs)to mobilsheet.

The free version is limited to 8 files.

Regards,
Rudolf

Offline Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2017, 07:46:12 AM »
Many thanks Rudolf, Maybe it's sync from Dropbox then move to SD card, i will try it out

Regards
Matrix  :)

PS: Just found this Video    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIEFANEdJVM
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 07:47:43 AM by Matrix »

Offline simondrake

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 08:19:46 AM »
Dear Matrix,
I'm not sure if what I add makes sense to you, anyway I save my music sheets with my pc in OneDrive (but dropbox must be very similar I guess). after that from the tablet I go in "file" in the song edit page, and upload the music sheets from there (you can choose the folder from there, it says dropbox, google drive I think and other options). when you find your file you select and import. obviously you need access to the folder, I do it via wi-fi.

Now where does mobilesheetspro store these file I don't know exactly, I think in the memory card.

Hope this can help, but the process is very simple. you can add more files per song.

Simone

Offline simondrake

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 08:46:23 AM »
You can use one button per song if you like, but most of us use one bank (8 buttons) per song.
The advantage of using the full bank per song is you can name your registration as the name of the song. Then finding a song is easy.

Not sure about your question of how to "control my tablet". If you know it can receive midi input, that's all you need. When set up properly, loading the registration will automatically play the midi file, which communicates with the app to load the desired pdf file. All you need to do is go "wow" when you press a registration button and the correct sheet music appears on the tablet.

Fred

Fred

Dear Fred,

thanks for your reply. I will try to use one full bank per song.

But now my problem is: how do I set properly my keyboards to send  midi message to my tablet? once I set the midi channel (say 16) in both devices, which midi data link a performance to my pdf song on the tablet?

Thanks for your patience.

Simone

Offline Matrix

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2017, 08:47:14 AM »
Hi Simone,

appreciate you helpful reply, what i was trying to work out was if once i have added my sheetmusic to the mobilesheets app can i then clear it off dropbox without my sheet music dissappeering, The reason i ask is i have over 15gb of sheetmusic i wish to add and dropbox only allows a max of 2gb for a free account.

What i am hoping for is to have my sheet music stored on the SD card so the app can pick it up from there, There must be a way of doing it, i just have not found it yet. Will keep plodding away till i get there i don't give up that easily  ;)

Matrix

Offline reya

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2017, 08:54:31 AM »
Hi Simone,

appreciate you helpful reply, what i was trying to work out was if once i have added my sheetmusic to the mobilesheets app can i then clear it off dropbox without my sheet music dissappeering, The reason i ask is i have over 15gb of sheetmusic i wish to add and dropbox only allows a max of 2gb for a free account.

What i am hoping for is to have my sheet music stored on the SD card so the app can pick it up from there, There must be a way of doing it, i just have not found it yet. Will keep plodding away till i get there i don't give up that easily  ;)

Matrix

Hi Matrix,

I have not tried it myself but
in Mobilesheets :
If you go to the SETTINGS option in the overflow menu,
and then STORAGE
uncheck "let mobilesheets manage my files"

and then load your songs from the SD card into Mobilesheets. It should be using the files in their original location (the SD card)
If your tablet is running android 4 variant, there may be issues when MS Pro tries to write to SD card, but maybe that will not happen

good luck

Rudy
Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline reya

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2017, 09:18:10 AM »
Dear Fred,

thanks for your reply. I will try to use one full bank per song.

But now my problem is: how do I set properly my keyboards to send  midi message to my tablet? once I set the midi channel (say 16) in both devices, which midi data link a performance to my pdf song on the tablet?

Thanks for your patience.

Simone

Well you need to choose a unique MIDI id for every song.
A midi ID consists of 3 parts, MSB , LSB and Program Change.
Each of those is a number from 0 to 127
So the ID for your first song may be 0 0 1
for the next song 0 0 2
. . .
0 0 127
and then
0 1 1
and so on.

Once you have chosen the ID for a song, you have to save a MIDI file containing that ID to your registration button 1 of the releated registration file on the PSR.
(The midi file is seen as a SONG by the PSR so you need to save it as a song to the registration).
and on the tablet, you need to add that same ID in mobilesheets in the MIDI tab, under"load song on receive".

To save you from creating the midi files for the keyboard, you can download them pre-made here

http://www.baum-software.ch/downloads/DummyFilesGeneric/Channel_01/MSB_000.zip

(hope this link still works)

hope this helps.

Rudy
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 09:19:27 AM by reya »
Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline Matrix

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2017, 09:52:26 AM »
Hi Matrix,

I have not tried it myself but
in Mobilesheets :
If you go to the SETTINGS option in the overflow menu,
and then STORAGE
uncheck "let mobilesheets manage my files"

and then load your songs from the SD card into Mobilesheets. It should be using the files in their original location (the SD card)
If your tablet is running android 4 variant, there may be issues when MS Pro tries to write to SD card, but maybe that will not happen

good luck

Rudy

Many thanks Rudy  :)

Offline reya

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2017, 10:21:22 AM »
Many thanks Rudy  :)

Glad to help!

One additional thing. If you have 15 Gb of sheet music, that must be quite a number of songs.
If you are considering loading all that in Mobilesheets and adding some metadata to it (artist, composer, key, album . . . . ), you may want to check out the PC Companion of Mobilesheets.
It is free software for windows pc's, and works as a sort of remote control for mobilesheets.

The principle is as follows.
You need a tablet with mobilesheets and a windows pc with PC companion installed.
Both have to be on the same network.
You launch the PC companion on the pc
You launch Mobilesheets on the tablet, and in the overlfow menu you select 'sync to PC'

Mobilesheets will then connect to the companion, and from there on you can work in Mobilesheets using your PC.
Whatever you enter or change in PC companion on the PC is not stored on the PC, but transferred realtime to Mobilesheets on the tablet.
You can batch import music scheets using the companion, they will all be sent to the tablet.
You can also make a backup of all your sheets including annotations, metadata . . .  using the companion. That backup file can then be stored anywhere you have access to from your pc (it may take awhile for 15 Gb as it will all be transferred from the tablet to the pc . . .)

Rudy
Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2017, 10:25:39 AM »
Brilliant, that's exactly what i am after.
Thank you so much for that information Rudy, Much appreciated

Regards
Matrix  :)

Offline simondrake

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2017, 11:09:30 AM »
Well you need to choose a unique MIDI id for every song.
A midi ID consists of 3 parts, MSB , LSB and Program Change.
Each of those is a number from 0 to 127
So the ID for your first song may be 0 0 1
for the next song 0 0 2
. . .
0 0 127
and then
0 1 1
and so on.

Once you have chosen the ID for a song, you have to save a MIDI file containing that ID to your registration button 1 of the releated registration file on the PSR.
(The midi file is seen as a SONG by the PSR so you need to save it as a song to the registration).
and on the tablet, you need to add that same ID in mobilesheets in the MIDI tab, under"load song on receive".

To save you from creating the midi files for the keyboard, you can download them pre-made here

http://www.baum-software.ch/downloads/DummyFilesGeneric/Channel_01/MSB_000.zip

(hope this link still works)

hope this helps.

Rudy

Super! I'm going to try. I just hope to understand where I have to put msb lsb and PC but first I  go and try. Thank you very very much

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2017, 01:34:06 PM »
Super! I'm going to try. I just hope to understand where I have to put msb lsb and PC but first I  go and try. Thank you very very much

The files that Rudy directed you to already have everything in them you need. Just watch my video on how to enter them in songbook.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline simondrake

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2017, 11:41:50 PM »
Fred and Rudy,

I spent yesterday evening between Fred's excellent videos, tutorials and these posts. I created the first registration 1 bank for my first song. I downloaded all the dummy files (zipped in a folder called MSB 000 if I remember well) and copied on a USB memory stick. I loaded the 1st song of the 1 st folder ( song 01.000.000.000) into the registration and renamed with the song name. Filled some memory buttons with different settings ( RM1-RM5) and saved the reg bank. Set the midi parameters oh the per to transmit on ch1 midi-usb and my mobilesheetspro to receive on ch1. Edited the song on the tablet midi program change: msb 000 lsb000 PC 000.

Magically my music sheet appeared!

I said yes!

From then something went wrong. I don't know if I messed things up because I was asked if I wanted to save the second registration when editing it and maybe I overwrote something... Anyway I made two more entries with the following songs ... ... ..1 ... ... ..2 but randomly I got always and only the 1st song sheet displayed.

So I killed the keyboard and restarted from scratch formatting registrations (on + b6).

No luck.

Last thing I did was to check the songs to see in song editor if in tab 1-16 it showed msb LSB PC on the midi as Fred showed in his video, but there are not. Could it be that the songs I downloaded are corrupted or incomplete?

I am very sorry to bother you with my incompetence, but I am preparing a gig for April 7 and I'd like to use my tablet for the first time and see if it's reliable.

If I cannot no problem I've always survived, but that would be very convenient to select the song and have the right music in front of me!

Simone

Offline reya

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2017, 01:39:05 AM »
Simone,

In order to visualise the "songs" in the song editor correctly: once on tab 1-16, you may want to choose the "Filter" button and verify that "control change" and "program change" are selected. If not, select them, so that they show up on the screen.
You should now see the information as in Fred's video.

In my previous post I did not talk about "zero based" and "one based" MIDI systems.
In practice it means that for a music score with MIDI ID in the song file = 0 0 2 on the PSR, you need to set up that same score in Mobilesheets as 0 0 1.
So the "program change" in Mobilesheets allways needs to be one lower than in the song file you link to the registration file.
Nobody said that it would be easy  :D :D

Also move away from using 0 0 0 as a song ID. Start with 0 0 1 or even 0 1 1

Good luck!

Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline simondrake

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2017, 11:35:00 PM »
Thanks guys! It's starting to work. Now I have 10 working songs. The right information were there in your posts, video and the lesson in the site. My mistake? I skipped some step assuming to know.... Nothing worst. I'm now going on. I have to be careful in how and where (user? USB?) to store the performance files and see how I'll manage the filed containing 8 songs when I'll have I guess 12 files and I'll look for a specific song. Maybe I'll use alphabetic order...

But I'm sure I just have to read carefully the other parts of the tutorial.

Your help is invaluable and really appreciated.

Simone

Offline reya

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2017, 01:40:16 AM »
Hi Simone,

Glad you got it working!

About where to store the registrations:
Here is the way I use it.

I store all my registrations on a USB stick, in a master registration folder.
When preparing for a gig, I take the USB stick out of the PSR and put it into my computer, and copy the registrations I will be using for the gig from that master folder into folder Gigxx.
When I have all the registrations I need, I use a bulk rename utility on my PC, to drag the registrations in folder Gigxx into the sequence I want, and then I let the utility rename them by adding a sequence Number prefix.
Then I put the USB stick back into the PSR.
As the registrations are now correctly alphabetically orderded in folder Gigxx, PSR will load the registrations in the order I want.

I only modify registrations in the master reg folder. (unless I need a specific mod for a specific gig).

While the USB stick is in my pc, I also regularly copy them to a backup location ....

Regards
Rudy

Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline simondrake

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2017, 10:42:29 PM »
Sorry if I continue this topic for personal needs, but since it's working fine I'd like to get the most out of my tablet and psr.

I'm saving my registrations, one bank for song. I am using alphabetical order. I want to store the reg files into my USB storage into a master reg folder.  When I fill my 8 registrations I have to save the whole bank. What I do is to create a new folder on my USB stick (into master reg folder) calling like ---A1 and pasting in it the 8 selected and previously copied from the on board location where they done, right?   The I can do a --A2 or --B1 depending on how many entries I have.

When I have to play I hit the j button on the keyboard, go to usb- reg folder
, select one folder and hit the song name...

Is this correct?

BTW at the moment I created 4 full bank and it's working fine... Thank you all for supporting me

Simone

Offline reya

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2017, 12:22:53 AM »
Sorry if I continue this topic for personal needs, but since it's working fine I'd like to get the most out of my tablet and psr.

I'm saving my registrations, one bank for song. I am using alphabetical order. I want to store the reg files into my USB storage into a master reg folder.  When I fill my 8 registrations I have to save the whole bank. What I do is to create a new folder on my USB stick (into master reg folder) calling like ---A1 and pasting in it the 8 selected and previously copied from the on board location where they done, right?   The I can do a --A2 or --B1 depending on how many entries I have.

When I have to play I hit the j button on the keyboard, go to usb- reg folder
, select one folder and hit the song name...

Is this correct?

BTW at the moment I created 4 full bank and it's working fine... Thank you all for supporting me

Simone

Hi Simone,

I do not see the need for creating a subfolder in the master registry folder. You can save the registration files directly into the master folder.
An additional advantage will be, that you can use the Registration + or - buttons to move from registration to registration (if they are in the right sequence)

"pasting in it the 8 selected and previously copied from the on board location where they done, right?"
I do not understand what you mean by pasting and copying.
When you created a new Reg for a new song (no matter howmany buttons you use), you save it by
  - Pressing the J button
  - Going to the USB drive (if not already on it) by using the TAB buttons
  - Selecting your master USB folder
  - Pressing SAVE at the bottom (you need to be in MENU 1) and naming it. This one save, saves all the buttons (they are all in one and the same file)

Regards
Rudy
Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline simondrake

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2017, 01:13:20 PM »
Dear Rudy, OK I copied all my new reg in the USB master folder.

Now I have another issue. After successful saving of 20 entries with proper settings now all the new reg banks no matter what voice I save in the reg button when recalled choose a different voice. Say I put a piano on right 1, save on button 1, change reg when I come back to the previous one I find an harmonica. I put 3 more entries and each decides to chose its own right1.

How is it possible?

Thanks

Offline reya

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2017, 01:35:35 PM »
No idea.
Faulty usb stick?

Do all the right 1 voices end up being harmonica?
Are all other reg settings ok (style, tempo, midi song file . . .)
Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline simondrake

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2017, 10:25:00 PM »
No they don't.
I am OK with the selected parameters. It seems like anytime I choose a new song from those downloaded it brings a right1 voice with it. As I mentioned it didn't happen with my first entries which a re perfectly set up.

I tried with a totally new one from another folder, say 0-2-11, linked to musicsheetspro song perfectly,. I had a piano ad right1 at that time, but as soon as I selected the new song ( i was renaming the song after the entry that i was creating)  the keyboard goes to an organ sound, like I think if it had a program change command into the song.

So I put the piano again, saved the registration. I called another one. When I came back to this... Again the organ. I copied the new reg into user area to see if t was the usb stick, but the same...

I wonder if it can be related to some midi parameter... But I don't know where to look at.

Any idea? Thanks

Offline reya

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2017, 11:16:33 PM »
Well, to load sheets in Mobilesheets, you only need the midi out cable plugged into your PSR.
Can you unplug the midi in cable? (Or unplug all midi cables from the psr) and try a reg button then. See what happens
Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline simondrake

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2017, 02:15:15 PM »
I looked at the receive tab on the midi settings. the channel 1 was set to keyboard and all the items were checked (PC, CC etc).

I put everything on off and the problem is solved!

now everything works smoothly.
I really don't know how to thank you enough. God bless you!

Simone