Author Topic: Registrationsmemory on PSR S770  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Rolf Lindell

Registrationsmemory on PSR S770
« on: March 14, 2017, 01:15:22 AM »
First of all, thanks for all help available here on this forum.

Now my question. If I pick a saved registration and then make some Changes on one of the settings it all works great. If pick up Another saved setting the keyboard put up a message "settings have been changed, do you wish to save settings". Of course I want to save my new settings but I want to save them under Another name. However I don't get the change. If I press Yes it change under my old name, and if I press no, it just put in the new registration instead.

What is the solution?
PSR S770

Offline reya

Re: Registrationsmemory on PSR S770
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 01:30:21 AM »
After having pressed YES, you need to press SAVE, and then you can change the file name before actually saving it by clicking OK.
Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline Rolf Lindell

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 01:36:16 AM »
This is the problem. I understand that I must active save the new registration. After I press Yes its already finished
PSR S770

Offline reya

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 01:46:04 AM »
I see you also have a PSR S670. Is it working ok there ?

Are you saying that after pressing yes, the registration is file is immediately updated? What is the next screen you are getting then ?
You should be getting a screen with all registration files' and a SAVE option at the bottom. The update to the reg file should only happen after having pressed that SAVE button
Tyros 5, PSR S770

Offline Rolf Lindell

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 02:05:16 AM »
I sold my PSR S 670 ( I really liked it but the screen was to small for me).

I don't recognize that I get a new screen after I have pressed Yes, but I shall check it out after work today.
Yesterday I found out that I can get a double fill if I keep the foot-switch pressed a little longer. Learning all the time.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:34:08 AM by Rolf Lindell »
PSR S770

Offline Rolf Lindell

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 12:56:25 AM »
After I press Yes I get a message that I must save. Then I have to go back to USB folder and then I get a save button. I think this could be more easy to access. Thank you for all help
PSR S770

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 04:12:18 AM »
The registration save procedure is the same on most Yamaha keyboards. First create your new registration.
Now press the registration button which is "J". Select User or USB. Press  SAVE and you can now name the registration. Now press OK. If you have not changed the name it will tell you that this already exists and do you want to over right. If you are just altering an existing bank then press yes. If not then rename your registration to a new name. 

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 05:41:09 AM »
After I press Yes I get a message that I must save. Then I have to go back to USB folder and then I get a save button. I think this could be more easy to access. Thank you for all help

This message only appears if you try to load another registration bank after you have made some change to the contents of the currently loaded bank, but have not saved that bank since changing it!

It is warning you that if you don't save the currently loaded bank now, the changes that you have made to it will be lost when you load a different bank!

Isn't that a helpful thing to do?   It seems sensible to me!    ::)

To avoid the message, if you make any changes to the currently loaded registration bank, simply save it before trying to load a different bank!

However if you do get the message but you don't want to keep any changes made to the current bank, just answer 'No' to the message, and the new bank that you have selected will load, but your changes will be lost.

If you do want to save the changes, say 'Yes' to the message and the Registration Bank selection screen will open with the currently loaded bank highlighted.  Press 'SAVE' (the SAVE icon is on Menu2 on an S770) and the naming window will open.  Note that the bank has not been saved at this point!   The name window will show the current name of the loaded bank, but you can change this if you want to.  The bank will not be saved until you press 'OK' in the name window.

Regards

Ian

Offline Rolf Lindell

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 07:45:15 AM »
Thanks again. Now I have Control. Must be stupid, the manual did not help me as much as you all did
PSR S770

Offline voodoo

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 08:23:28 AM »
Yesterday I found out that I can get a double fill if I keep the foot-switch pressed a little longer. Learning all the time.

I found this out after a long time. ;) It's a very helpful feature. Also works with holding the corresponding button for a longer time. ;)
Yamaha PSR-S970
Nord Electro 5D

Offline pmedina

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 01:10:19 PM »
Hi Rolff, I agree with you, many times the manual do not help us as much as the guys of the forum. Regards, Pablo.