Author Topic: Please guide to view the Text files other than english in keyboard  (Read 853 times)

Offline kingstin

Iam From india, iam using  psr s970 i like to view lyrics text in my language (Tamil)  will it possible to view .If posiible please guide  me to view or edit

Offline SeaGtGruff

Re: Please guide to view the Text files other than english in keyboard
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 11:07:52 PM »
According to page 18 of the Owner's Manual, the display language can be set to English, German, French, Spanish, or Italian.

However, I assume that the display language affects only the language used for the menu option displays, and that it doesn't affect the way lyrics are displayed, since I would assume the lyrics come straight from a song's MIDI data.

Thus, if you want to change the language used for the lyrics, I assume you'll need to edit the MIDI song file in a program that lets you modify the data-- e.g., the Mix Master program should be able to do this. But as I understand it, lyrics are usually encoded according to the beats/notes they correspond with, so a word with multiple syllables will most likely be split up into multiple Lyrics events. Therefore it will be up to you to translate the lyrics from whichever language they're in-- which I assume will be English in most cases, unless the song's lyrics are normally sung in some other language-- into Tamil or whichever other language you want to use. That includes splitting the words into their corresponding syllables-- which might conceivably be a bit different for singing purposes than when the words are spoken in everyday dialogue (i.e., in lyrics or poetry a word might contain an elide or other type of slurring or abbreviation for rhythmic purposes).

The other issue is what characters the Tamil lyrics are displayed in. I assume that the keyboard has a particular set of characters that can be used in the display, and that only characters used in English, German, French, Spanish, or Italian words can be displayed (since those are the only display languages available).

But I've made a great many assumptions, and I know what they say about people who "ASS U ME," so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong on one or more points!
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Online Enildo

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:51:44 AM »
Hello Kingstin! I ran the test here, using the goolge translator, to translate to "TAMIL" and the s970 did not read. It changes the characters.
I hope you find another way to solve your problem.

ஹலோ Kingstin! நான் "தமிழ்" மொழிபெயர்க்க Goolge மொழிபெயர்ப்பாளர் பயன்படுத்தி இங்கே சோதனை மற்றும் படிக்க முடியாது s970.
அது கதாபாத்திரங்கள் மாற்றுகிறது.
நான் நீங்கள் உங்கள் பிரச்சினையை தீர்க்க மற்றொரு வழி கண்டுபிடிக்க நம்புகிறேன்.

Hug,
அணைப்பு,
Enildo
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:53:09 AM by Enildo »
When word fail, Music speaks!

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 12:01:48 PM »
The keyboard supports only the Latin alphabet.

Your best bet would be to use a tablet to display PDF files of lyrics you've created yourself.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline kingstin

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 01:16:34 AM »
thanks for your all support