Author Topic: Slow tempo  (Read 546 times)

Offline B0bbuton

Slow tempo
« on: February 13, 2017, 11:43:48 AM »
I find it incredible that such a sophisticated piece of equipment as the Tyros 4 has no facility to change /slow
the tempo whilst playing. Shame on you Yamaha.

Offline Matrix

Re: Slow tempo
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 11:59:03 AM »
Yes it does, Use the Tempo buttons  ::)

Offline whataguy

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 02:05:48 PM »
DUH!  Way to go Keith, sometimes the obvious seems to hide itself. I'll bet there's a lot of folks who wanted to know that.  Don in MI

Offline LArmatage

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 04:01:53 AM »
You can easily do it if you use registrations. Let's assume you're at a tempo of 100, and you want to program an ending on, say, Reg button # 6.. To slow it down on Re button # 5, just reduce the tempo to about 93, on save it on #5. Now it will make a very nice transition in tempo down to 92,  and your ending will also be at that tempo, UNLESS you want to make the ending even slower, (say down to 88). Just stop the ending , and reduce tempo to 88, and save it on button # 6.

If you're not familiar with Registrations, and what they can do, please check out the Lessons area..... it's nothing short of critical for playing better. I find that you don't want to reduce the tempo by more than about 10% as a guideline. BTW, if you just want to reduce the tempo in that one spot in the song, and then want to take it back to 100, you can do that with the button following the slowdown button.

Larry

Offline LArmatage

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 04:04:13 AM »
Slight typo there,,,, that should read that the tempo will be taken down to 93.

Larry

Online Roger Brenizer

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 12:24:13 PM »
It's interesting to note that the OP hasn't logged into the forum, since posting this topic, to see the answers to his dilemma.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page