Author Topic: Saving S970 Mic/talk settings  (Read 594 times)

Offline Ormly

Saving S970 Mic/talk settings
« on: February 11, 2017, 06:31:47 AM »
How to do that is my question. Everytime I power up, the mic/talk settings have reverted to "Standard Trio" after repeatedly trying to save some other setting... There are other "How to save navigation issues" as well that are confounding to me.. . . How to find where it was saved and how to find the way back being the big one simply because things didn't get saved first  time through so that the keyboard would default to factory settings. . . >:( How manytimes must things get saved before they get saved?? . . .  :'(

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Saving S970 Mic/talk settings
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 06:46:37 AM »
How to do that is my question. Everytime I power up, the mic/talk settings have reverted to "Standard Trio" after repeatedly trying to save some other setting... There are other "How to save navigation issues" as well that are confounding to me.. . . How to find where it was saved and how to find the way back being the big one simply because things didn't get saved first  time through so that the keyboard would default to factory settings. . . >:( How manytimes must things get saved before they get saved?? . . .  :'(

You save the settings in a registration. Create a setup registration that sets up the keyboard the way you want. Then load this up registration every time you power on.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Ormly

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 08:16:33 AM »
Hello Fred! and thanks but which registration operation are you referring to, the 1-8 physical keys on the panel which have a "memory" button associated with them, where "voices" are saved?? Otherwise, I find myself "fumbling through" until something happens I can finally play. <scratching head>

Here's the routine I go through: "Power on"> Select "mic settings" button> Note that it is set to "Standard Trio"> "Edit"> navigate to find pre-saved "Standard Quartet", "Vocal VH" "USER" selections > Select one and and continue journey to re-save them > select one> They work as saved > Do my business and shut down keyboard. When I turn it back on I have to perform the same routine beginning with re-setting the mic settings. . . .I don't understand. . . and I haven't begun to figure out "midi" on this thing that I can make full use out of it.  My Psr 8k and 9k have not given me problems like this. What price to pay for such sophistication, eh?

Thanks again,

Ken

Offline Enildo

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 08:55:27 AM »
Hello Ormly! I have several VH2 Set saved in my user memory.
The procedure is the same every time you turn on the keyboard, you must select your VHs in the user folder.
There is no other way! To get easier, after Power on, select one of the letters "B, C or D" on the screen and then go to "TAB" / User. Hug!

Enildo
Psr s970 - The best PSR!

Offline Ormly

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 09:40:07 AM »
Beautiful!!! YES!! That will work for me!! :) :)!!

Thank you!!

Offline mark fernando

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 08:27:16 AM »
Dear all,

I am looking to compare my vocal harmony & vocal effects for microphone. I know this is to be customised as per individual likings. Is there some one who wish to share some registrations for vocal harmony and vocal effects?

Thanks

Mark

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 08:53:31 AM »
Hello Ormly! I have several VH2 Set saved in my user memory.
The procedure is the same every time you turn on the keyboard, you must select your VHs in the user folder.
There is no other way! To get easier, after Power on, select one of the letters "B, C or D" on the screen and then go to "TAB" / User. Hug!

There is another way. You can save the settings in a registration.

And, yes, Ormly, registrations are those 8 buttons below the Memory button. That's why they are labelled "Registration Memory". You can store a lot more than voices in these buttons. In fact, you can store almost the entire keyboard setup, from styles to transposition to lyrics, etc.

To find out what you can store in a registration, simply press the Memory button. That screen will show all the groups than can be stored there.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Online alanclare

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 11:35:43 PM »
I have to admit that it was only this week after owning my Arranger for more than 12 months that I finally got to grips with creating my own set-up registration. This now sits in its own dedicated one-registration bank in my user area, with backups elsewhere, including on my computer as a read-only file (I wish that the facility existed to create these on the keyboard.

In retrospect, the difficult concept to take in, as far as a rookie is concerned, is that of selecting which of the Memory options to choose to save in the startup registration, and then future-protecting these in normal play by unselecting them.

I found this lesson invaluable.

http://psrtutorial.com/lessons/workshops/H3-setupReg.html