Author Topic: Feeling a right idiot  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Lofty(dave)

Feeling a right idiot
« on: February 02, 2017, 01:32:43 AM »

Hi guys and dolls just thought I would post this . a few years ago about 2008 when I had a ty2 I was asked to play at the local bee keepers xmas party . so I set up mykeyboard sat down to play pressed the keys not a sound replaced the lead between the ty2 and bassbox still nothing checked all fuses ect to no avail still nothing so had to opologise .they were very nice about it .so there I was sat on my stool whilst they had there dinner then I noticed it . the big half of the headphone jack still in the socket so hasterly extracted it and we were away .half an hour into the evening they had a power cut which the power was off for hours --What a night still they payed me bless them lofty

Offline yamamans

Re: Feeling a right idiot
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 12:11:20 PM »
Hi lofty,gotta say I had a similar problem,I've just purchased a psr ew 400,exititedly I unpacked my new acquisition,placed it on the stand,plugged it in,switched it on...All seemed fine,put in the headphones,all fine pulled out the phones,went for a cup a tea.... Switched it back on,not a squeak,tried this,that and the other.. Arghhhhhh!!!!
Me starting to loose it big time !!!....Just about to get on the phone to the shop...And the Mrs says, should the headphone adaptor be still plugged in the back !!!....DEERRR !!!!!!!...Removed the adaptor...And hey presto...Music !!...Well noise actually !!!!

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 12:31:37 PM »
It sounds like the Mrs. earned her keep that day! :D I guess that's why wives are called "our better halves." ;)
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 03:27:22 PM »
All this talk about headphone jacks, plugging things in and unplugging things sounds so strange to me.

I played the accordion professionally for several years and can't ever remember anything that needed to be removed from my accordion, with the exception of the bellows straps, or any power outages that prevented me from completing a performance.  I've even played in candlelight and in complete darkness too.   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline Ray Eyden

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 04:26:03 PM »
For a while I played a Roland FR18 Diatonic button accordion.

It sounded really good but it needed a mains supply and an amp.
I sold it because it felt really awkward with the two cables seemingly everywhere LOL

I didn't play it professionally --or well for that matter  ;D
All the Best
Ray

Derby England

Offline Afton72

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 04:44:41 AM »
 Roger,
                  I remember years ago up in the country, our dance halls had petrol or diesel generators, so sometimes it would break down plunging everything into darkness.  Then someone would drive their car up to the open side door with the headlights allowing the dance to continue, great fun. No electric music back in those days.
      Ahhh, for the good old days.

Cheers,    Alan

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 09:10:48 AM »
Hi Alan,

Yes, the Good Old Days is right.  I attended and performed at a lot of barn dances years ago that used nothing but kerosene lanterns for light.  Some of the younger members here may think you and I lived in the Dark Ages...LOL!!!   ;)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page