Author Topic: Some songs not working from USB Stick  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Bernie9

Some songs not working from USB Stick
« on: January 28, 2017, 02:45:08 AM »
With no known changes to the board or the mem stick, about 1/4 of my registrations do not work.  The name comes up, but the style remains the previous one that worked.  I copied a backup to a new stick, but the same problem exists.  I made new songs and it works alright.

Matrix

Re: Some songs not working from USB Stick
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 03:09:49 AM »

It sounds like the links have been broken, try re-linking them to the corresponding styles and re-saving them.

Regards
Matrix  :)

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 03:38:46 AM »
Thank you.  What is the easiest way to do that?

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 05:17:09 AM »
Never mind.  I guess I will have to go through all of them, re-choose style, and save.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 05:19:34 AM »
With no known changes to the board or the mem stick, about 1/4 of my registrations do not work.  The name comes up, but the style remains the previous one that worked.  I copied a backup to a new stick, but the same problem exists.  I made new songs and it works alright.

When the style does not load, it means the registration can't find it. I'm betting the registrations that don't work call for user styles; the ones that do use preset styles.

So you need to determine why the user styles can't be found. Did you move them? Did you rename them? Are they on the right drive (USB1 vs USB2, for example)?

There's always a reason, and it's always operator error. If the problem persists, post the registration here and we'll take a look at it for you.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 06:16:14 AM »
Thank you Fred.  This is the best forum on the net.  I shall do some more checking when I get a little time.  On the other hand, it could a benefit in that I made them up some years ago when I first got my S910.  Since then, I have loaded many styles that could be a better fit.