Author Topic: Pitch bend replacement  (Read 534 times)

Offline kemo

Pitch bend replacement
« on: November 20, 2016, 06:29:21 AM »
Hi guys,  was wondering if anyone has any experience replacing the pitch bend on this keyboard?  Noticed while gigging my right hand went up a half tone from my left hand. I've found that it's definitely the pitch bend that's the problem. Just wondered if it's a simple enough repair or should I send to repair center.

Many thanks

Online tyrosaurus

Re: Pitch bend replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 08:49:22 AM »
Hi Kemo,

I haven't done this myself, but looking in the service manual, it looks a straightforward job.

You just need to remove the lower case (lots of screws!), and the PB wheel is mounted in the upper case on it's own small circuit board which contains just the potentiometer that the plastic wheel itself pushes on to, and a socket for the cable which connects the board to the rest of the system.

The PB board is simply held in place by two screws.

The part number for the PSR-S900 PB board in the service manual is WJ006400   

The part number for the PSR-S700 PB board in the service manual is WJ583700

Note that this is just the circuit board with the pot. -  the plastic wheel itself is not included, so you need to keep the original one!

If you can get a new board, you should be able to replace it yourself if you are OK using a screwdriver!   :-\

I have attached a PDF containing a few relevant pages of the SM -  the PB board is #3 on the first page, and #1 tells you which screws you need to remove to open the case.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:22:02 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline kemo

Re: Pitch bend replacement
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 01:46:38 PM »
Thank you so much for your very informative post Ian. This will definitely help me resolve the issue I'm having. Now to source the parts and I'll get it sorted  8)