Author Topic: PSR-S900 Sound distortion and Screen problem  (Read 1210 times)

Offline kdchamil

PSR-S900 Sound distortion and Screen problem
« on: October 21, 2016, 01:48:38 PM »
Dear All,

I own PSR-S900 for around 5 years. I have two problems with that since end of warranty period.
  • LCD panel shows stripes
  • When playing using speakers, a distortion occurs even at very low volume levels

I think I can simply replace the LCD panel with a new one for the first problem.

The keyboard output is perfect when it is plugged to an external sound system. Also the sound distortion won't occur at the beginning, hence speakers also should be ok (no physical damage on them too). So I believe I have to deal with the Amplifier section of the keyboard.

The help I am looking from you is,
  • Where can I download the service manual for PSR-S900?
  • Is it really a problem with amplifier daughter board? Anybody has fixed this issue?
  • Is it possible to buy the keyboard's amplifier daughter board separately?
  • Can I replace some parts of amplifier to fix this issue?

Thank you in Advance!

Offline Jeff Hollande

Re: PSR-S900 Sound distortion and Screen problem
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 08:51:40 AM »
Hi,

Very sad expercience. Feel very sorry to hear your S900 problems.

Replacing the S900 screen is not so easy ... and worse : a new screen is very expensive.
Many S900 kbs met this problem before. :'(

With all the problems you have I would recommend to look for another second hand kb.
It might be a better solution and less expensive, I guess.

Jeff
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:57:43 AM by Jeff Hollande »
XGW - SONAR PLATINUM - CUBASE 8 WIN - MIXCRAFT8

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 01:01:02 PM »
Not sure if you fixed it, but might be worth checking the PSU.

If the rectifier in the PSU fails, it will put a poor DC current into the machine (well more AC if the rectifer fails) so being the cheapest, or even better take to music shop that sells them and ask to try a known good one first, will eliminate that from the fault first.

Wouldn't want you buying a new screen only for it to do it again due to an unclean power source.

Offline TyrIA

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 06:22:32 PM »
Hi !

The friend of mine had the same problem- stripes on display and bad seen .
So he disconnected display and connected a navigator to video out on Yamaha s back, and no problems.This occured at home and was no hurry.
Another friend had a broken display just before the gig when turning on a keyboard. He called me for help as it was 150 km from nearest town. I advised him to find a driver who owns a navigator with video input. He called me back in 30.min. --NOBODY HAS !!!!
Then I gave him another advise , as it was a small hotel - to find a TV set with video input and a cable with RCL ends.
He was lucky, connected to a 32" Tv and played the gig, what a strange feeling ,he said, to wiew such a big monitor at the wall .

And I am still waiting for WHiskey bottle -for advise !!HA HA!!!!!
 this should be a common problem for thi model- two of my friends got it and few more.

Regards, TyrIA.