Author Topic: How much MB left  (Read 2181 times)

Offline YYMusic

How much MB left
« on: September 29, 2016, 04:55:14 PM »
Hi, is there a way to see how much mb i have left on my PSR S770?

Offline Joe H

Re: How much MB left
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 09:19:56 PM »
Yosef,

The only way to see how much memory is used and how much memory is left is to load the .ppf (Project File) for the pack into the YEM software and create an Installation  pack.  YEM calculates the memory use and will display that information at the top of the YEM screen.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Online voodoo

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 07:18:55 AM »
It is like Joe said. Since you can load only one PPI file into the S970, it depends only of the PPI file used. And the memory usage of the PPI file is shown in the YEM, when you create it.
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline YYMusic

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:32:39 AM »
Okay Thanks
Yosef

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 09:26:40 AM »
I am not an expert at computer stuff, but it seems to me that they could have given the keyboards much more memory without them being much more expensive. Why these limitations?
Toril S
Toril S

Offline Joe H

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 09:44:04 AM »
Toril,

The first PSR keyboards with expansion, S950 and S750 have only 64MB of expansion memory.  The S970 has 512MB... this is a big improvement.  I suspect the next arranger keyboard will have much more than the S970.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 11:39:44 AM »
512 is much, but audio files take some space, so they should consider doubling that, and maybe include the expansion packs free of charge :) Wishful thinking :)
Toril S

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 02:08:25 PM »
Toril,

The only audio files that get stored in the expansion memory are audio style files and there is an additional 128MB just for audio styles.  Any WAV or MP3 files are stored on the USB drive which can be 64GB at least.  I only use 2 different 8GB USB drives and find that is plenty large enough for keeping all my user files.  I use 1 USB drive is for styles, Multi Pads, MIDI song files and registrations, and the other is for recording audio files on the keyboard.

Joe H

The following users thanked this post: Taffinator

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 02:53:50 PM »
There are some free packs you can download from the Musicsoft site for the 970.

The following users thanked this post: Taffinator

Offline Toril S

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 01:49:39 PM »
Thanks! I believed that the wav files were stored in the keyboard, but it makes sense that they are not, since you make those files to transfer them to a computer.
Toril S