Author Topic: T4 stereo  (Read 1693 times)

Offline winternotes

T4 stereo
« on: April 26, 2016, 12:44:49 PM »
I have heard from forum participants that the T4 is truly a stereo machine. My question is. If I connect a second Bose, have the styles been constructed in a manner that I will hear separation such as drums coming out of one amp and the bass coming out of the other?
Having fun in retirement

Offline overover

Re: T4 stereo
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 02:25:42 PM »
Hi winternotes,

you can connect two Bose systems at Main Outputs (L and R). This is the "normal" Stereo setting.

If you wish to have only Drums on one Bose, you can use one Sub Out for DRUMS (Mono) and the Main Out "L/L+R" (Mono) for the remaining signal.

OR you can use one Sub Out for the BASS (Mono) and the Main Out "L/L+R" (Mono) for the remaining signal again (including drums).

You could also use an external Mixing Console to mix signals from T4 Main Outs AND Sub Outs (and send the mixer's "Stereo" output to your two Bose systems.

Regards,
Chris

P.S.
On T4's Sub Outs, NO INSERT-Effects are outputted (but only the "System Effects" REVERB and CHORUS).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 02:31:57 PM by overover »

Offline winternotes

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:36:22 AM »
OK: I realize that I can mechanically split sounds by going in and designating output . However, I was wondering if anyone has just connected to the left and right outputs to two separate speakers and actually heard different sounds coming out of the two speakers,i.e., stereo? Otherwise, why buy another bose.
Having fun in retirement

Offline Hammond Yamaha

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 03:56:23 PM »
I am using 2 Bose L1s. The sound is much better then with one.   It is more filling and realistic.

Offline voodoo

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 01:56:01 AM »
OK: I realize that I can mechanically split sounds by going in and designating output . However, I was wondering if anyone has just connected to the left and right outputs to two separate speakers and actually heard different sounds coming out of the two speakers,i.e., stereo? Otherwise, why buy another bose.

Yes of course it is real stereo. Some styles do use huge amounts of panning. So left and right output are definitely different.

Uli
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 01:49:37 PM »
With a Tyros 4 and a Bose L1 compact twinset, you could do the following:

Both main outs to each Bose Cinch in left.
Both aux outs to each Bose Cinch in right.

So you could have the complete stereo sound on both speakers, the drums on one system, maybe the bass on the other one.
The balance between stereo signal and single outs can you set by using Tyros 4 mastervolume.
But you have no way to apply any equalizer to the aux out parts, so you may need an external equalizer.