Author Topic: Complete YAMAHA Indian styles For PSR-S970  (Read 11637 times)

Offline Joe H

• Supporter
  • S970, MU128, AN, VL, FM & AP cards, Motif Rack XS
Re: Complete YAMAHA Indian styles For PSR-S970
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2016, 11:17:18 AM »
Ian,

No I have never installed and used the Musicsoft Downloader software.  I'm not really interested in working that way.  I only use the Internal User Drive for Expansion Packs. I don't like the idea that the Downloader software only allows transfer of files and does not allow copying files between the keyboard and computer.  All my user files are located on my USB drive.  I've never read about an instance where files have been corrupted during transfer... but that would be a disaster  for someone like me who does a LOT of editing.

Also it is not possible to copy our own files to... inside any of the pack folders.  We can create new folders on the Root of the User drive or copy files directly to the root of the User drive.  I will add further that if you place styles and other files on the User Drive, it WILL take memory space away from expansion packs.

So my own personal practice is to only use the internal User Drive to temporarily copy Multi Pads files I am swapping Pads between... or make a copy of a style file I am editing and want to have a backup copy in  the event I mess up a style in the editing process.

Regards,
Joe H
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:20:23 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline vaazoo350

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2016, 11:31:22 AM »
Thank you ONACIMUS for lots of styles and the great effort on converting the packs

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2016, 12:42:15 PM »
Hi Joe H,

I wasn't suggesting using Musicsoft Downloader to actually transfer any files, but only to check if you can see the folder structure of the User drive, which I thought you might be interested in.

The attached screenshot from the program shows the drives on my T4 with the USER drive selected and the SYSTEM folder within it expanded to show the files in it.   At the moment these consist of some .PLL (audio song playlists), .eff (User Effects files) and a .msu (User MIDI template).

BTW you can copy and paste any unprotected files to and from drives on the keyboard to ones on your computer!  You don't have to use the program's 'MOVE'  function!  You simply highlight the file/s in the source folder and right click.  A small options box opens in which you can  select 'Copy'.  You then select the destination folder, on your computer for example, then right click again and the 'Paste' option is available.

I think that some older versions of the program when used with some keyboards did not have this function.

Although I don't use the program myself routinely, it's worth having a copy around if you want to see an overview of the whole keyboard. It even includes any external USB drives connected at the time.

Regards

Ian

Offline Joe H

• Supporter
  • S970, MU128, AN, VL, FM & AP cards, Motif Rack XS
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2016, 09:02:34 PM »
Hi Ian,

I did this just for you.  I installed the program also to satisfy my curiosity... but I don't like the feel of the program, so I will uninstalled pretty soon. Seems much easier to just use the USB drive.  BTW... the latest updateof the Downloader program was to fix a bug that caused you to actually  "loose" files if you canceled a transfer operation.

Here's what the filing system looks like on the S970 User Drive.  Looks pretty much the same as the Tyros to me.

Regards,
Joe H
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:09:51 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline SeaGtGruff

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2016, 09:55:56 PM »
Joe, you're right-- moving the selected file instead of copying it was a bad design choice. The best thing to do when using the program is to always make at least one backup copy first of any file you want to transfer to your keyboard's memory. That's especially true if it's a file you've purchased. But the program should have been designed so that it copies the file and leaves the original where it is.
Michael Rideout
YPT-400, PSR-E433, PSR-E443

Offline Pathum sameera

You have a S 750 Expension pack plz send me. Thanks
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2017, 07:57:23 PM »
You have  a S 750 Expension pack
 plz send me.
    Thanks

Offline Prabandi

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2017, 02:38:13 PM »
Dear Onacimus,

Can you please send "Indian Total Voices.ppi" to my email pradeep4711@gnail.com ?

Many thanks
Pradeep

Offline jthakrar

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2017, 09:39:08 AM »
I would like to have the same e mailed to my add jthakmd@hotmail.com
Thanks in anticipation.

Offline pravinant

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2017, 03:24:12 AM »
Can you please share the file with me as well?? pravinant@gmail.com

Offline joshua.elliot