Author Topic: t4 and midis  (Read 1462 times)

Offline rolfeilert

t4 and midis
« on: January 21, 2016, 02:26:01 PM »
I am buying midis, some seem to be formatted to tyros4 espesially, some is  gm, gs, or maybe other strange standards.

So if I buy a GM file , can I add the T4 format info "to" that file, maybe by formatting it in the T4 , to make it more special adapted to tyros4.

Have you you done this , or similar , thanks!!!!

Offline Dave

Re: t4 and midis
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 02:31:45 PM »
Hi ok
 Why buy a midi file ?? When there are all free on this site and the net ..search b4uby
 Dave

Offline rolfeilert

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 02:34:41 PM »
I "guess" thats the right thing to do ?

http://www.midispot.com/no/?fPhrase=Tina+Turner&tabid=1&fInstrumentId=54&fProductGroupId=&fNationalityId=&fCategoryId=&formatplaying=Sound+source

in this shop I want Tina Turner made for Tyros4, I think they are better for my box .... or ???

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 02:39:14 PM »
rolfeilert,

You can just load those into the T4 and play as is if you wish, because the T4 has all the GM, GS and XG voices installed already.

And, yes of course you can alter the MIDI file while it is loaded in the T4 - you can change the voices to any of the sounds in the T4.
Just try them out - as long as you don't save the file, it will be unchanged from the original when you next load it.

A lot of those purchase MIDI songs are really very good.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline rolfeilert

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 02:47:17 PM »
... in addition can select I also select  special sounds only contained inside  t4 , and save the midi as a "special" made for t4 ? Do they need a special reset command , or can I use standard gm, gs reset?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:14:52 PM by rolfeilert »

Offline Dave

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 04:36:39 AM »
Hi ok

Quick search found this 

Here    http://download.midimi.org/midi-9222-download-tina_turner-i_cant_stand_the_rain.html

Dave

The following users thanked this post: astor

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 12:08:34 PM »
Rolf, you can search or buy midi's it's your choice and usually the midi's you buy are more "professional" and a little better then the home made ones. There are however quite a lot of those bought midifiles already outhere. Sometimes because people forget that they were bought and thus copyrighted and sometimes because people don't care. Anyway, you can alter and modify both kind of midi files to your own liking. I woudl however always keep the original ones safely in a folder on your pc or t4 harddisk and always use a copy of those original files, just to be safe.

Regarding your actual question :
Try reading thru the link I pasted below it is about modifying midifiles and how to do it. It is an article that Joe Waters wrote. You can find it on this website in the lesson section. Perhaps a good idea to look thru all the topics there? I for one know that they can be very helpful :)

(Almost) Everything you alays wanted to know about modifying songs ;)
http://psrtutorial.com/lessons/tune/adjSong/index.html

regards,
Peter
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 12:10:51 PM by XeeniX »

-----
Thereís no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
-----

The following users thanked this post: rolfeilert

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2016, 12:36:18 PM »
Hi Peter,

I've been following this blog and find it very interesting.

As a reminder, I'm sure that most of the members commenting here already have the lesson and/or lessons you mentioned on a thumb drive, which Joe sent to them after they made a donation or ordered materials from this website.  If not, why not make a donation or place an order for the lessons.  Even if you lose access to the internet for a short term, you will still have access to these lessons.

My dad once said to me; Never stop learning!

This website is a great place to improve our minds.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Rogerís PSR Performer Page

Offline rolfeilert

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 11:51:35 PM »
Rolf, you can search or buy midi's it's your choice and usually the midi's you buy are more "professional" and a little better then the home made ones. There are however quite a lot of those bought midifiles already outhere. Sometimes because people forget that they were bought and thus copyrighted and sometimes because people don't care. Anyway, you can alter and modify both kind of midi files to your own liking. I woudl however always keep the original ones safely in a folder on your pc or t4 harddisk and always use a copy of those original files, just to be safe.

Regarding your actual question :
Try reading thru the link I pasted below it is about modifying midifiles and how to do it. It is an article that Joe Waters wrote. You can find it on this website in the lesson section. Perhaps a good idea to look thru all the topics there? I for one know that they can be very helpful :)

(Almost) Everything you alays wanted to know about modifying songs ;)
http://psrtutorial.com/lessons/tune/adjSong/index.html

regards,
Peter

Thanks , yes , I still try to find files that is especially made for tyros4, I got a shop that tailor-make the files for the different Tyros models , at least this is what they claim