Author Topic: Is there a way to keep Tyros 5 always on "fingered" mode after turn on/off ?  (Read 7926 times)

dihelson

See.. fingered mode is my top preference as playing the keyboard, but every time I turn off and on, depending on some configurations ( may be styles ? ), this changes, which forces me to always keep an eye on whatīs going on...is there a way to LOCK the keyboard on Fingered mode all the time ? I donīt want intelligent fingered, nor AI etc... I want the plain simple FINGERED mode always.

Thanks in advance,

Offline tyrosaurus

The Chord Fingering Type is a system setting which once set will be retained even through power off cycles.

If it is changing without you manually doing so, then it is being changed by a registration which presumably contains a different fingering setting.  The chord fingering type is saved if the Style group is checked when you memorise a panel setup into a registration.

You can prevent registrations from changing the fingering type if you check (tick) the Style group in the Freeze display and turn on the Freeze button, however this will also lock other settings contained within the same group so may not be the best option.

It is often better to 'lock' it in the 'Parameter Lock' function which you access by pressing  Function > Utility > Tab to Config1.

Select option 3:  Parameter Lock and check (tick) the box for Fingering.

Regards

Ian

dihelson

The Chord Fingering Type is a system setting which once set will be retained even through power off cycles.

If it is changing without you manually doing so, then it is being changed by a registration which presumably contains a different fingering setting. 
Ian

Ian, you gave me nice ideas. I think youīre right. On the hurry, I may have saved some registrations with other than fingered mode to it, and when I play some tunes, I eventualy change the registration to an instrument on the right hand without knowing that I am changing many other things, including the fingered chords detection. I will have to carefuly watch all registrations in order to detect when it changes.

Thank you so much for the answer. Iīm almost sure this is happening here.

DonM

As suggested, just go to the Parameter Lock page and check the Fingering Mode box.  It will not change again unless you choose to change it.

Offline frozzers

Sorry for bringing this up again but I have exactly the same problem as dihelson and I've followed tyrosaurus's advice but whenever I switch my Tyros 5 on the chord fingering still sets to 'AI Fingered' and I have to reset it to 'Fingered'.

To confirm, I've gone to Function/Utility/Config 1/Parameter Lock and marked 'Fingering' with a tick.

Can anyone help? It's driving me mad!

Chris

Online EileenL

Hi Chris.
   Make sure you have the fingering type you want selected before putting on the parameter lock. If you have saved this to your registrations then when you select the first one it will be the fingering you chose. Now put the parameter lock on.

The following users thanked this post: frozzers

Offline Fred Smith

See.. fingered mode is my top preference as playing the keyboard, but every time I turn off and on, depending on some configurations ( may be styles ? ), this changes, which forces me to always keep an eye on whatīs going on...is there a way to LOCK the keyboard on Fingered mode all the time ? I donīt want intelligent fingered, nor AI etc... I want the plain simple FINGERED mode always.

Thanks in advance,

When you go back to Parameter Lock, is Fingering mode checked? Maybe you haven't checked it properly.

Once it's set, then the only thing that can change the mode is doing it manually. Parameter Lock stops registrations from changing the mode, and nothing else (including styles) can change it either.

When you have Parameter Lock set properly, you should never have to change the mode again.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: frozzers

Offline frozzers

Thanks Eileen and Fred.

Unfortunately, it still happens. I'm sure I'm setting the Parameter lock right and since I never had this problem with my Tyros 2 I'll have to assume it's a glitch with the Tyros 5.

I've even done a reset of everything excluding Files and Folders in case there was something there but to no avail. (I've only had the Tyros 5 a few weeks so I don't think I've lost much.)

I'll just have to remember to reset the fingering after I've turned the Tyros on.

Thanks again.

Chris