Author Topic: The new like buttons  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Bachus

The new like buttons
« on: September 09, 2015, 12:11:47 PM »
Is it just me, or are those huge red buttons cluttering the forums?  Making them just a little smaller could do the trick, same size as the new icon
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Admin of : www.keyszone.boards.net

Offline EileenL

Re: The new like buttons
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 03:07:41 PM »
You also need to see the persons names on the thread or post who have liked it as happens on other forums that use this system.

Offline Joe W

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 06:29:19 PM »
I see the (2 people like this) indication and when I click on that I see that the 2 people are bantam and BillS950.  Can other members not see this?

Not sure I have control over the size of the LIKE button, but I agree that it ought to be smaller.

When I clicked on the LIKE button, the message at the bottom of the post changed to:

UNLIKE (You & 2 other people liked this)

That gives me the opportunity to take back my LIKE vote.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:32:50 PM by Joe W »
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline Wally Z

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 06:56:49 PM »
This is great addition to the forum Joe.  Thanks.  Can the button size be change in the code?  Maybe if it was moved to the other side of the screen.
Yes, you can click on the number of likes and see whose given you a like.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:07:50 PM by Wally Z »
Amateur- A person who engages in a study, sport, or other activity for pleasure rather than for financial benefit or professional reasons.
Here's some of my compositions.
https://soundcloud.com/wallyzel/sets/musical-thoughts-1

Online Marcus

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 06:36:48 PM »
What is the point to these new "like" buttons? I think they are used on Facebook to share links with friends, but how are used in this forum? I am out of the loop because I don't use Facebook, Twitter or other social groups.

So when "likes" (count) starts adding up next to your profile icon, what is this suppose to show or maybe not show?

Thanks, Marcus

Offline psrguy

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 09:16:07 PM »
I am glad to see the " LIKE " buttons because it acknowledges that agree with the comments of the poster rather then all those previous postings saying the same thing which ended up with pages and pages and pages of nothing more then saying thank you.

Sometimes i " LIKE " to follow a topic ( by selecting the  notification  button )  but really having nothing worthy of contributing.  For example, downloading a midi or  what ever file the poster has offered. 

Thank you Joe for providing us with the " LIKE " button.

Now the next button i would like Joe to install is the ability to toggle the signature ON and OFF from my postings.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 09:17:42 PM by psrguy »
Clever Illustrations of Everyday Sayings

http://imgur.com/gallery/x3rSK