Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 4 (SFF2)

Tyros 4 recording on hard drive -disk is busy error

<< < (4/4)

pancrj1:
Hi Ian,
I contacted Yamaha Toronto and they asked for the bill of sale and decided not to cover. I took it to them myself. I called the US Yamaha  and they were not willing to cover Canadian customers.I will contact Yamaha -Milton Keynes and report back on the experience

Thanks again for your abundant help and advice
We really appreciate it

Joe

bigdaddyNL:
Hi all, this is an old topic but I guess still much searched on. I seem to have found a fix for the 'drive is busy error' and will just past my experienc. Might have been good luck, but so far I have not seen the error again.

I was in the transition for preparating to change my HDD to an SSD too because of the 'drive is busy' error. So I hooked the Tyros up to the PC, put it in 'direct access mode', copied all from HDD to my PC. Then connected the SSD to my PC, had to assign logical drive letter, formatted and restored data. Then, just to check, before opening the Tyros, I selected a recorded audio. It started playing, but gave no sound at all. But no drive busy error. Restarted the Tyros, still no sound on recorded audio playback. Then I tried to do a 'simple recording' which always failed with the drive busy error. To my surprise I was able to record a complete song without error. And, lo and behold, I was able to play it back and had sound back. It now even plays my old recorded songs again! So for me it seems to have been an issue with the audio-to-hdd and hdd-to-audio conversion rather than a disk error. Will most possibly go ahead and insert the SSD, but this might help readers up here. And the audio-to-hdd and hdd-to-audio is just my wild guess, not technically proven.

meyrick:
Just to cover a point on this subject. I bought my Tyros 4 from the US and it was shipped to Thailand. having a similar problem re: the hard drive, I checked for Warranty cover. Both Yamaha US and Thailand refused to have anything to do with the Warranty and would offer no suggestions as to the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version