Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 4 (SFF2)

Tyros 4 recording on hard drive -disk is busy error

(1/4) > >>

pancrj1:
I have a tyros 4. I have an expansion memory also (FL1024). Each time I record/ on the main or sub tracks, I get this error message which says "disk is busy"  I have re formatted the hard disk, tried a new one etc. I had even reset to factory settings. Nothing seem to work. Please help

tyrosaurus:
I also have a Tyros4 and I have never seen this message when recording!

Since you refer to 'the main or sub tracks' I assume that you are talking about 'Multi Track' audio recording.  'Audio (Multi)' files are saved in a special '.AUD' format in a folder on the hard drive named 'AUDIOREC.ROOT'.

This folder is automatically set up if you format the hard drive in the keyboard itself rather than externally using a computer.  When you reformatted the drive, did you do it in the keyboard?

What is the source of what you are trying to record? Is it just keyboard parts or are you also playing back an existing audio wav or mp3 file?

Can you record a 'Simple' audio file (i.e. a single stereo track wav file)?

Can you copy a suitably formatted 'Simple' audio file from USB to the hard disk, and then play it back from there?

Is the disk working normally if you try to save or load other types of files (e.g. styles or voices) from it?

Regards

Ian

EileenL:
This message can appear when the hard drive has become faulty. Have a word with Yamaha Tech support.

pancrj1:
Thank You for being so prompt.
Eileen, I have changed the hard disk ( a new 500Gig)and tried to format it.It came up as "media error".

I could not format it.

pancrj1:
Hi Ian,
Thank you for your detailed reply.
I always create a "multi" track file and then either "punch in" or used main/sub and bounce. I have had the keyboard for six months (I bought it new) and I have successfully recorded voice and keys without any issues   

'Simple' audio file  does not work either.
I have never copied from USB on to hard drive , and then play it back from there. I will try that and let you know. My guess is that when I add tracks on "multi" it still will show the error. It is frustrating. I never had this problem with my Tyros 3. I do not want to upgrade to Tyros 5 due to its external functionality to manage the expansion packs.

I have never loaded styles on to hard disk. I always use the expansion memory or USB. I tried to record through midi file (the left side of the key board) and then added vocals through creating a "multi/single Aud file and even that does not work. I have tried  to replace the HD by installing a new 500 gig hard drive. It does allow me to format it. I called the Yamaha tech in US and they do not service us in Canada. our Canadian Yamaha did not have much to say about the issue, but asked me to bring it to them and leave it with them (2 week minimum) , which I am not in favor of doing as I need the key board daily.

I appreciate any advice you can give.
Thanks!!!!
Joe

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version