Author Topic: PSR S970 Packs  (Read 19341 times)

Offline yammy

Re: PSR S970 Packs
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2015, 09:23:39 AM »
I just tried this last night with free  packs for S970. Everything was ok( it loaded in YEM), see the voices, style,but when i click to make a pack for trying in Tyros 5 the message is that the voices it can' t loaded in pack,only the style.😭😭😭

Offline EileenL

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2015, 10:22:07 AM »
I do not think we will be able to use 970 pack voices in Tyros 5. They probably would not sound as good as the samples are smaller.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2015, 06:48:26 PM »
Another report regarding updating Expansion Packs when you buy a new arranger, this time from Yamaha Musicsoft.  I was firm but polite.

Yamaha does listen... so I'm at least encouraged by this last reply.

"Hi Joe,

We received your feedback about this response and we have made sure to forward your comments to our development team for review.  We thank you for taking the time to write in with detailed feedback.  You do make some good points and we are still looking into different solutions regarding upgrading the packs between instruments.

Kind Regards,
Yamaha Musicsoft"

8)

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 06:52:17 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Bachus

« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2015, 08:46:22 AM »
Another report regarding updating Expansion Packs when you buy a new arranger, this time from Yamaha Musicsoft.  I was firm but polite.

Yamaha does listen... so I'm at least encouraged by this last reply.

"Hi Joe,

We received your feedback about this response and we have made sure to forward your comments to our development team for review.  We thank you for taking the time to write in with detailed feedback.  You do make some good points and we are still looking into different solutions regarding upgrading the packs between instruments.

Kind Regards,
Yamaha Musicsoft"

8)

Joe H
haha, thats good... Lets hope there comes good from this reply..

Maybe they just read your post on these forums, and they decided it was worth the effort 😎
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

Admin of : www.keyszone.boards.net

Offline Joe H

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2015, 11:46:13 AM »
Bachus,

One more report. 

I received a phone call from Steve Deming at Yamaha this morning in direct response to my email to him.  I don't think this is his common practice by any means.  Yamaha is listening...  They want to implement a fair and equitable Expansion Pack upgrade policy when you buy a new keyboard.  His sincerity has impressed me.  They are working on it right now.  They got the message.

8)

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline EileenL

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2015, 01:28:05 PM »
Yes we must all show patience. It is still early days yet and these things take time to arrange.

Offline Bachus

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2015, 01:34:11 PM »
Bachus,

One more report. 

I received a phone call from Steve Deming at Yamaha this morning in direct response to my email to him.  I don't think this is his common practice by any means.  Yamaha is listening...  They want to implement a fair and equitable Expansion Pack upgrade policy when you buy a new keyboard.  His sincerity has impressed me.  They are working on it right now.  They got the message.

8)

Joe H

Impressive... Sounds fair to me, probably all they need is time, as Eileen said..
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what you are gonna get, so enjoy them all.  I am wayting for the next box of chocolate the Yamaha Genos.

NETWORK1

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2015, 12:00:54 AM »
Bachus,
One more report. 
I received a phone call from Steve Deming at Yamaha this morning in direct response to my email to him.  I don't think this is his common practice by any means.  Yamaha is listening... 

They want to implement
a fair and equitable Expansion Pack upgrade policy
when you buy a new keyboard.  His sincerity has impressed me.  They are working on it right now.  They got the message.
 8)
Joe H

Some people Talk alot, but they dont say much ?
a fair and equitable Expansion Pack upgrade policy

What on earth is that meant to mean ,What is the purpose of the above statement ?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2015, 04:50:28 AM »
Since Yamaha makes pack proprietary to each keyboard, hopefully what is means is we get replacement packs free of charge for our new keyboard.  Hopefully it means we should NOT have to buy them twice... or three times over.    :D

Hopefully it means the first guy I talked to didn't know what he was talking about when he informed me I would have to buy the Euro Dance pack all over again because Yamaha changed the format and the .yep file would be useless on my S970.    :D   :D

Maybe that's why Steve Deming was so apologetic.   :D    :D    :D

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:59:30 PM by Joe H »

NETWORK1

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2015, 07:33:00 AM »
So this doesn't apply  to the Tyros 5
Its a PSR Issue   ?

Offline Bachus

« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2015, 09:14:27 AM »
So this doesn't apply  to the Tyros 5
Its a PSR Issue   ?

I think all the T4 expansion packs work on the T5, and people that allready ownd them could just install them..

But when upgrading from a PSR 950 to a Tyros 5, you will nit get any replacement packs, since the PSR packs where obviously different packs.... I think if Yamaha would create a fair pollicy, they would also make one for that upgrade

Offline EileenL

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »
Not true.
  Yamaha packs had to be adapted for the Tyros 5 from the Tyros 4 and we had to download them again from our account free.

Offline Bachus

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2015, 10:23:31 AM »
Not true.
  Yamaha packs had to be adapted for the Tyros 5 from the Tyros 4 and we had to download them again from our account free.

But all the packs where still there, and if you owned the T4 pack, it was free on your T5...  Which was a good thing

Offline EileenL

« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2015, 12:49:31 PM »
Yes but we did have to wait whilst these were converted. There were not there immediately.

Offline Bachus

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2015, 07:58:25 AM »
Yes but we did have to wait whilst these were converted. There were not there immediately.

I missed that one, didnt get my T5 untill about a year ago, because i in general allways buy my gear used.

So i missed that..  In the end however, i think Yamaha did great with that conversion and free updates for everyone.

Offline bluali

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2015, 10:52:25 AM »
I just returned my PSR-S970 today. I was hoping that I can load my tyros customized packs into it and use it as a backup for my tyros5. but unfortunately YEM2,32 does not load those packs into S970. I also was hoping to get a converted Middle-Eastern YEP pack for S970 but there are no way that I can have that and YEM do not convert ME pack as well. I love the sound of PSR-S970 with powerful speakers but I can not use it the way I use my Tyros5. I recorded a breif side by side comparison between T5 and S970 and I will upload it on YouTube as soon as I can.
Yamaha YC10, .....,TYROS 5 (2GB)

Offline Joshua Justus

Free Yamaha PSR S970 Indian Expansion Pack needed!!!
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2017, 03:18:34 PM »
Hello there! :)
My name is Joshua and I am 15. I would like to try Yamaha PSR S970 INDIAN EXPANSION PACK!

Can anyone please post the INDIAN EXPANSION PACK!!

HELP!!!!!

Offline Joe H

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2017, 04:13:26 PM »
Joshua,

We do not share commercial packs that are for sale on the forum.  You will have to buy the pack if it interests you.

Regards,
Joe H