Author Topic: PSR S970 Packs  (Read 21076 times)

Offline Keyboardister

PSR S970 Packs
« on: August 07, 2015, 11:05:10 PM »
I just wanted to share how pissed I am, PSR S970 owners get a BESTOFEUROPE pack for free while I had to pay for it but its not just it.
Their version of this pack includes content from the "Balkan and Turkey" pack, meaning if I wanted to have the same content Id have to pay 340$ just to have a
"better quality" Tyros pack, I dunno about the quality thing, not when it comes to 340$ while knowing the PSR S970 sounds pretty good to me.

Why do PSR users get all those free packs? Mexican, Brazilian, Indonesian, Indian? Shouldnt the users who spend so much more money get the same stuff for free?
Yamaha gives away for free what they sell us for lots of money. I dont like it.
Tyros 5 - 76 (2GB)

Re: PSR S970 Packs
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 11:37:54 PM »
I just wanted to share how pissed I am, PSR S970 owners get a BESTOFEUROPE pack for free while I had to pay for it but its not just it.
Their version of this pack includes content from the "Balkan and Turkey" pack, meaning if I wanted to have the same content Id have to pay 340$ just to have a
"better quality" Tyros pack, I dunno about the quality thing, not when it comes to 340$ while knowing the PSR S970 sounds pretty good to me.

Why do PSR users get all those free packs? Mexican, Brazilian, Indonesian, Indian? Shouldnt the users who spend so much more money get the same stuff for free?
Yamaha gives away for free what they sell us for lots of money. I dont like it.

When you currently buy a Tyros 5 with memmory expansion overhere in Holland, you get 2 expansion packs of your choice for free.  Those are things that happen in the big bad mean world. In general early addopters pay a higher price. 

Its not just PSR users, its also new Tyros 5 owners..

Offline Keyboardister

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 12:17:39 AM »
What does it have to do with music stores or with early adoption?
This is a policy, if you're a PSR user you have tones of free YEP packages out there waiting for you with more content.

Normal companies would try and make people buy the priciest product by giving extra stuff for free, Yamaha does exactly the opposite, it gives stuff to the 'regular' users while neglecting
and extracting as much money as possible of the 'premium' users, does this make sense to you?
Tyros 5 - 76 (2GB)

Offline Keyboardister

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 02:50:15 AM »
I'm talking about existing customers only. People who already purchased both Tyros and PSR. Lets take a look at both of these groups, the issue here is not marketing. According to you
if someone already bought a product then Yamaha can simply charge him ridiculous amounts of money cuz hes already a captive customer - I say, they can but they need to do the same for all.

Now lets compare existing Tyros owners to PSR owners:

1. Packs  -  PSR keyboards have much more packs to buy, packs which have all kinds of content, specific content while Tyros users get these Hybrid-Packs with less specific contents.
2. Packs prices - PSR users pay HALF the price for their packs but the quality of the pack is not half the quality rather a decent one.
3. Free packs - EXISTING psr users can download free packs at any time , Tyros owners have to buy them.

Yes, I envy them! I wanna play Mexican music for free too! Yes, I wanna have brazilian drums too without having to buy the poor Latin pack which doesnt bring the beautiful content of Brazil1+2 PSR Packs. Yes! I wanna play free Indian stuff, why cant I? Because I chose to buy the flagship?

Now do you still wanna tell me that this makes sense to you?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 02:52:20 AM by Keyboardister »
Tyros 5 - 76 (2GB)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 03:24:23 AM »
You have to remember that Yamaha is world wide and is aware that in the UK and America also Australia most of the on-board keyboard content is aimed at the type of music we play so Yamaha produces packs that will add different types of voices and styles. The samples are usually much larger because we have more room for them on 1Gb memory boards.
  The S Series keyboards seem to be purchased more world wide to Countries that require there own type of voices and styles. It is therefor better for them to produce voice packs rather than produce Keyboards with different content. This would make the keyboards much more expensive. As a gesture of good will they produce some free packs as well as ones you can purchase. You can use the styles that come with these packs in your Tyros 5 with a little re-voicing and in the main they sound good.

Offline Keyboardister

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 03:35:33 AM »
Eileen I agree with what you're saying but if they give away those packs for free, why not for everyone? I'll know its a free pack and so its gonna have samples which are not the best but still
why not share it with everyone
Tyros 5 - 76 (2GB)

Offline Leading Edge

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 04:32:11 AM »
On the odd occasion I but after market styles and voices I would rather use other third party sellers who produce better styles and voices than Yamaha and at a more reasonable price.  Maybe Yamaha should take a lesson from Korg in providing free software.
Tyros 4 & Bose

Offline mikimiki

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 09:41:49 AM »
And don't forget that 970 comes with 512mb.

Offline Keyboardister

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 11:34:44 AM »
I dont know about you Bachus but Yamaha's interests are not above my own. If Yamaha sold their keyboards for cheap and then charge a lot for the contents Id get that, but that's not the case here.
If Yamaha releases a free content, it should be released to everyone not just PSR ones. If anything we should have been the ones who get the free stuff because we spent more.
Tyros 5 - 76 (2GB)

Offline valimaties

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 01:18:29 PM »
Do you guys believe that packs are really free, from Expansion Manager Kit?  ;D
When the Tyros 5-61 has appeared in Romania (brought from Germany) was 3300 Euros, without memory. In one year price is a little bit cheaper, like 3150-3200 Euros, maybe much cheaper... A memory about 1 GB is 200 Euros, so the bundle it's about 3400-3500 Euros.
Now, the Tyros 5 -61 with 1GB RAM and 2 "free" packs is about 4100-4200 Euros. (2 packs are 400 euros). What?!
SO, I think Yamaha raised the price for Tyros 5 and gave this "lie" about free packs, only to sell some keyboards. Only 25 in Romania (and are more than 5000 singers) :D It's a shame. It's a little disaster :D
Tyros 4 is more desired in my country than Tyros 5.

But we wipe the tears and go forward :D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 01:21:21 PM by valimaties »
Vali Matieş - Tyros 5 61 User

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 03:55:23 AM »
That is true. Tyros 5 prices have come down an awful lot here but you have to shop around. We must also remember that different Countries have different Tax Rates that Yamaha have no control over.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 04:47:51 AM »
Larvol has brought (as I did) from Fly-music, from Romania, with 3300 without any RAM inside. Larvol is not an romanian guy. Even a product it is sold in other countries romanian invoices has 24% VAT for any categories of products besides food. The food has 9% VAT, like books or newspaper. So this price of 3300 has VAT included.
I sold my PA3x with 3000, second hand, and I put another 800 to buy this 61 Tyros 5 with 1GB ram and Expansion Kit (I have an discount, because I brought a lot of music instruments from Fly-Music :D )
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:53:40 AM by valimaties »
Vali Matieş - Tyros 5 61 User

Offline Keyboardister

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 07:23:55 AM »
Its not up to the customer to demand lower prices...

They can only force lower prices when they stop buying products.. With everyone here having bought a Tyros 5 and probably one or more packages, there really is no reason for Yamaha to lower pricess.

If you want to make a point, sell your Tyros and expansions and tell Yamaha why you did so, if you can get more people to do so, in the end i and the other customers will be the beneifors ..

I didnt ask for lower prices, I asked for free content to be available to everyone and not just part of the customers, besides of course customers can and should demand lower prices.
It is true that at this point after having bought the Tyros and the packs I dont really have the power to change anything but it is important that users complain about this policy rather than just accept it. If Yamaha has decided to give away for free BestOfEurope+Balkan&Turkey to the PSR users (they united the packs into BestOf) then why should others pay 340$ for it?
higher quality? fine, then let people choose whether they want the free version or not.
Tyros 5 - 76 (2GB)

Offline Keyboardister

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 10:44:33 AM »
It's not a question of why and if. THEY ALREADY GIVE AWAY FREE CONTENT. Now the question is why is it not being given to us as well.
Tyros 5 - 76 (2GB)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 01:35:53 PM »
Don't forget you can now load third party voices that are UVN files. You can then make up your own packs.

Offline Keyboardister

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 02:19:50 PM »
When u buy u get to choose from packs which cost money. Im not talking about those. They give away free content on the YEP special website regardless of the purchase, if u have a psr u can download many free packs and it has nothing to do with paid packs that r offered for free when u buy Im talking about packs which r always free like Mexican, Mexican banda, braIlian, Chinese, Indonesian, Indian 1,Devotional indian etc.
Tyros 5 - 76 (2GB)

Offline marius9

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 05:39:06 AM »
Or, there is another way to be happy:
- you can download the free packs for the S970 on your computer;
- open the new Yamaha Expansion Manager 2.3;
- combine your packs into one (including what you have bought previously);
- be happy, because you own a Tyros 5 and you have now all the sounds you wanted!

Offline Volkmin

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 05:44:10 AM »
3-4 packs combine in yem 2.3, how?

Regards
Croatia

Offline marius9

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 06:07:55 AM »
You can import the .ppf pack files (that come in the archives from the free packs) and you can combine them in YEM 2.3. You need the .ppf files (because you will not be able to import .ppi files).

Offline Volkmin

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 07:00:19 AM »
You can import the .ppf pack files (that come in the archives from the free packs) and you can combine them in YEM 2.3. You need the .ppf files (because you will not be able to import .ppi files).

Thank you, I understand that, but let's see how it looks:

1. Not possible to arrange two or more expansions, and then take the instruments (copy / paste) and put it all in a special pack
Option 2 COPY-PASTE is available for only one PPF pack with instruments
3. It is not possible to take (give an example) Sax from one expansion, and copy it into a separate, nor take from another expansion and do the same.
4. This is only possible if we are talking about one ppf file. It is possible to copy or move, delete certain sounds, etc.

Am I right? Can you help with my interpretation?

regard
Volkmin
Croatia

Offline metcam

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 07:37:04 AM »
Don't forget you can now load third party voices that are UVN files. You can then make up your own packs.

EileenL:

Did you try to load UVN,UVD into psr970?

Its that working?

Thanks
Curent Instruments: Tyros5-61,,,PSR-A3000
Previus instruments:PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland D20.........

Offline Marcus

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 10:10:48 AM »
EileenL:

Did you try to load UVN,UVD into psr970?

Its that working?

Thanks
Any UVN or UVD files (Tyros 4 format) initially were not compatible with the Tyros 5 YEM. YEM upgrade schedule eventually allowed us to import Tyros 4 expansion data, however in UVI library form. Individual or multiple UVN/UVD file can be imported into the YEM with the UVI Converter program.

My guess is, if the PSR 970 uses the same YEM program, then perhaps converting the UVN or UVD files to a UVI file will allow it to load. Not sure if it would work because I am not totally familiar with the PSR 970.

Marcus
Gear: Triangle

Offline metcam

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 10:14:51 AM »
That was my questions Marcus.

Thanks!

Yea,with YEM !

Is that possible same as Tyros5?
Previus instruments:PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland D20.........

Offline Joe H

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 11:14:14 AM »
From the YEM 2.3.0 manaul, page 11; it states the following:

Two different types of original Voice can be created—Normal Voices and Drum Voices. A Normal
Voice comprises Common settings and a number of Elements; a Drum Voice comprises Common
settings and a number of Drum Keys. By assigning Wave files (i.e., WAV or AIFF audio data) to each
of these Elements or Drum Keys, you can create your own original Normal Voice or Drum Voice.
These new Voices are then stored as Pack content.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »
The S950 was the best deal in keyboards. All the packs became totally free when Yamaha gave out a free code to use to acquire them all. Plus there is no keyboard serial code to any of the packs either. So, the packs will install into any S950 keyboard.

This was all known before the Tyros 5 (and the S970) came out that all the S950 packs were free. If you wanted the free packs you should have purchased a S950.

I converted the styles in the Mexican Packs to standard voices 2 or 3 years ago. I am starting to convert the Church & Christmas pack now into standard S950 voices, because some day the S950 will die and I'll have to upgrade but I am going to have the styles I use converted before then. ;D

Regards
Drake 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:21:57 AM by DrakeM »

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »
UVN and UVD voice files have never been 'converted' into UVI files for use with any version of YEM!

The UVI or 'Library' file simply contains a list of the voices, and if it was produced by a Tyros keyboard, also the 'slot number' in the Custom Voice bank of the old (pre T5) system. The UVI doesn't contain any actual voice data, and can only be used with the voice files listed in it in the same folder. Because early versions of YEM required a UVI file for importing UVN/UVDs, a useful program was released  (not by Yamaha of course!) that could be used  to make a UVI, thus allowing anyone with such voices but no UVI, to import them into YEM.

YEM uses the UVI file to tell it which voice files to import as a pack.  You can look at the contents of one using a text editor such as Word Pad (which formats it nicely for viewing), but don't save it again unless you know what you are doing!

The original voice files all needed to be in the same folder on your computer as the UVI file in order for YEM to find them, even if the UVI file contained both relative file paths (ie. in the same folder) and absolute ones (ie. the full path details), since YEM only ever seemed to use the relative entries in the UVI.

After the first few incarnations, YEM could import UVN/UVD files directly without needing a UVI, although they could still be used if you had one as a convenient way of importing a number of voices together into the same pack.

Of course importing voices into YEM is one thing, but whether they will be compatible with a different keyboard such as a 970 when included in a PPI Pack Import file is another, and I can't try myself since I don't have a T5 or an S970!

However it will be interesting to know once someone does try it!

Regards

Ian

Offline metcam

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2015, 11:56:16 AM »
I can load UVN in "Best of Europe" pack ,the only problem is:If is that going to work?

And I do not have S970 to try it.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 04:29:35 AM »
When you load a UVI file into tyros 5 it contains all of the voices. It dose not pick them up from anywhere else. I don't have any voices stored on my hard drive. They are all in the YEM. It will also load in any styles Registrations and multi pads you may have saved to the same Library file.

Offline Jan-Eve

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 10:06:56 AM »
A stupid question... What do you save on the HD in Tyros 5? There are lots of Gb. The same thought, why canīt  we have an external HD to 950, saving Expansion Packs? Now we only can save one at the time.
But perhaps it would be too easy for us...
Best Regards Jan - Eve.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 01:29:20 PM »
The internal flash memory on the 950 is only large enough to take one pack at a time. On the new 970 it had been increased to Half a Gb so you will be able to save a lot more packs as well as some third party voices using the Yamaha Expansion Manager on your computer and then loading into your keyboard.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 02:24:19 PM »
... What do you save on the HD in Tyros 5? There are lots of Gb. The same thought, why canīt  we have an external HD to 950, saving Expansion Packs? Now we only can save one at the time.

The main reason is that internal (or external) hard discs do not transfer voice sample data fast enough to keep the voice generators going smoothly. That is why voice samples have to be stored on the special high speed flash memory and unfortunately there is only a limited amount of that available on the keyboards. Other pack files, such as normal styles and registrations don't need the high speed memory and are installed to the HD (or USB or User drives).

John
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 02:26:46 PM by jwyvern »

Offline Jan-Eve

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2015, 10:43:08 AM »
Eileen,jwyvern and Bachus. Many thanks for your clear answers! Now I know whatīs  going on inside the keyboard...  Best Regards Jan - Eve.

Online usaraiya

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2015, 12:55:59 PM »
I am confused,  can I load 970 expansion packs into T5 using expansion Manager?

Offline metcam

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2015, 01:48:30 AM »
No.

Offline bluali

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2015, 08:24:46 AM »
Can Psr-s970 load .UVD .UVN files via the new YEM v2.30?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 08:26:16 AM by bluali »
Yamaha YC10, .....,TYROS 5 (2GB), Korg Pa4x, Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2015, 08:38:45 AM »
Yes you can make your own packs up.

Offline bluali

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2015, 01:07:38 PM »
Interesting!  Why PSR-S970 owners can load all Tyros3&4 sets and samples but Tyros 4&5 owners can not load the PSR-S970 sets and samples? So the only thing that prevent me not to sell my Tyos5 and get a new PSR-970 is the low quality of sounds and styles loaded in PSR-S970( if it is true). So far I heard that the sound quality of PSR-S970 is very close to Tyros5. If anybody has compared these two keyboard physically and side by side please let me know.
Yamaha YC10, .....,TYROS 5 (2GB), Korg Pa4x, Genos

Offline Joe H

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2015, 01:27:29 PM »
There is a lot of speculation going on here regarding YEM v2.3.0... now used for both PSR and Tyros keyboards.  It's still early in the game.  No clarification from Yamaha and no one who owns an S970 and a Tyros 5 has reported the ability to exchange packs between keyboard models.   I think we will know before long either by those experimenting, who own both model keyboards... or we will here from Yamaha on the issue.

BTW... I have a question into Yamaha regarding replacement PSR .yep packs for the new .ppi and .ppf packs.  My question is:  If we bought an old format  .yep pack in the past, do we have to pay again (half price) for a replacement pack in the new format for the S970  Waiting for a response.  (I have the keyboard, but the pack I bought has not been released in the new format yet... which is the dilemma, I can't get it right now even if I wanted to).

Joe H

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:31:00 PM by Joe H »

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Joe H

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2015, 07:34:49 AM »
Bachus,

Thank you for your comment.  I have spent a lot of time learning the keyboard OS, how to make Multi Pads and how to make styles.  My latest approach is using Style Phrases in Style Creator Assembly.  I think I will start a new thread and post my Phrase Library for people to try.  I'm trying to get support for a small program to batch process MIDI clips and convert them to the style phrase format.

I'm re-configuring my MIDI studio right now before I setup my S970... hopefully I can pull the S910 and get the S970 in place real soon

Joe H

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:19:22 PM by Joe H »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2015, 07:39:09 AM »
I got a response back from Yamaha on replacing .yep packs with .ppi and .ppf packs:  I have forwarded this message I received below to someone higher up in Yamaha telling him this is a bad policy.  If Tyros owners can update their packs when they buy a new model, PSR owners should be able to do the same.

Joe H

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Joe,

Thank you for contacting Yamaha MusicSoft.

We apologize but the Euro Dance pack hasn't been released yet on the PSR-S970.  We are working on converting the older packs into the new format for use in the PSR-S970. 

Currently there is no upgrade path between the 2 instruments you mentioned and the pack would need to be repurchased for the PSR-S970 instrument.  There are many changes in the newer instrument and unfortunately you won't be able to use the old version of the pack.

Kind Regards,
Thomas

---- Original Message ----

Isaac,

I purchased the Euro Dance Pack for the A2000 about 3 years ago (I believe). I'ts recorded on my Yamaha account. I just purchased the PSR 970 and would like to know if I will be able to get the Euro Dance Pack free of charge in the new format .ppi and (.ppf for the YEM software) when the pack is released.

Someone has reported on a Yamaha related forum that we may have to buy the packs we already paid for in the old format. Can you please clarify Yamaha's policy on this issue.

I don't understand why we should have to pay any more money due to Yamaha changing the format, which makes the previous .yep file format unusable on the new PSR arrangers.

Thanks for your help.

Joe H

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:54:21 AM by Joe H »

Online yammy

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2015, 09:21:28 AM »
I just tried this last night with free  packs for S970. Everything was ok( it loaded in YEM), see the voices, style,but when i click to make a pack for trying in Tyros 5 the message is that the voices it can' t loaded in pack,only the style.😭😭😭

Online yammy

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2015, 09:23:39 AM »
I just tried this last night with free  packs for S970. Everything was ok( it loaded in YEM), see the voices, style,but when i click to make a pack for trying in Tyros 5 the message is that the voices it can' t loaded in pack,only the style.😭😭😭

Offline EileenL

« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2015, 10:22:07 AM »
I do not think we will be able to use 970 pack voices in Tyros 5. They probably would not sound as good as the samples are smaller.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2015, 06:48:26 PM »
Another report regarding updating Expansion Packs when you buy a new arranger, this time from Yamaha Musicsoft.  I was firm but polite.

Yamaha does listen... so I'm at least encouraged by this last reply.

"Hi Joe,

We received your feedback about this response and we have made sure to forward your comments to our development team for review.  We thank you for taking the time to write in with detailed feedback.  You do make some good points and we are still looking into different solutions regarding upgrading the packs between instruments.

Kind Regards,
Yamaha Musicsoft"

8)

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 06:52:17 PM by Joe H »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2015, 11:46:13 AM »
Bachus,

One more report. 

I received a phone call from Steve Deming at Yamaha this morning in direct response to my email to him.  I don't think this is his common practice by any means.  Yamaha is listening...  They want to implement a fair and equitable Expansion Pack upgrade policy when you buy a new keyboard.  His sincerity has impressed me.  They are working on it right now.  They got the message.

8)

Joe H

Offline EileenL

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2015, 01:28:05 PM »
Yes we must all show patience. It is still early days yet and these things take time to arrange.

NETWORK1

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2015, 12:00:54 AM »
Bachus,
One more report. 
I received a phone call from Steve Deming at Yamaha this morning in direct response to my email to him.  I don't think this is his common practice by any means.  Yamaha is listening... 

They want to implement
a fair and equitable Expansion Pack upgrade policy
when you buy a new keyboard.  His sincerity has impressed me.  They are working on it right now.  They got the message.
 8)
Joe H

Some people Talk alot, but they dont say much ?
a fair and equitable Expansion Pack upgrade policy

What on earth is that meant to mean ,What is the purpose of the above statement ?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2015, 04:50:28 AM »
Since Yamaha makes pack proprietary to each keyboard, hopefully what is means is we get replacement packs free of charge for our new keyboard.  Hopefully it means we should NOT have to buy them twice... or three times over.    :D

Hopefully it means the first guy I talked to didn't know what he was talking about when he informed me I would have to buy the Euro Dance pack all over again because Yamaha changed the format and the .yep file would be useless on my S970.    :D   :D

Maybe that's why Steve Deming was so apologetic.   :D    :D    :D

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:59:30 PM by Joe H »

NETWORK1

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2015, 07:33:00 AM »
So this doesn't apply  to the Tyros 5
Its a PSR Issue   ?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »
Not true.
  Yamaha packs had to be adapted for the Tyros 5 from the Tyros 4 and we had to download them again from our account free.