Author Topic: Who can? to make a style and voice extractor of ppi, cpf, , cpi, Tyros 5  (Read 68978 times)

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: Who can? to make a style and voice extractor of ppi, cpf, , cpi, Tyros 5
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2017, 05:23:19 PM »
Hi Joe H and voodoo,

The procedure for exporting a pack in a protected '.cpf' format is in  instruction 5 on page 10 of the YEM manual that was available with the Ver. 2.4 download (and also the latest 2.4.1 version).

As part of the export procedure you get to select the type of pack in the 'Save as type:' box.

If you select 'Protected Pack Project File (*.cpf) you will be taken to another window where you must select the specific 'n27' info file for the keyboard that you want to use the pack with.

After you have entered a name for the pack as well, when you click 'Save' you are taken to a folder on your computer so it makes sense to keep all the 'n27' files that you have imported into YEM in this folder, although it is a standard Windows selection box so you can navigate to a different folder if necessary.   I suppose doing it this way means that you can save packs for specific keyboards other than the one that you have imported into YEM (your own), without having to import these other keyboards into YEM as targets too!

I don't have a keyboard that uses YEM but I have 'acquired'  T5, S970 and S670 info files so that I can play around with the program.  I have made '.cpf' packs using these and YEM 2.4.0 but not with the latest 2.4.1.

I assume that the packs are not only protected for a particular keyboard model, but for an actual specific keyboard itself, similar how the Tyros packs are protected, but I can't check this out.  Presumably this is what third party content producers would want to do to prevent 'sharing' their packs!

Regards

Ian

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »
Hi

As long as Yamaha introduces new formats almost every year I am not going into any programming.

Creating a proper program will take several hundred - maybe thousand - hours; and to be honest I am not ready to spend the time for this!

Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2017, 07:02:30 PM »
Frank,

Is it possible for a third party developer to make a copy protected .ppf file.  For Tyros this is .cpf, but how to do this for PSR keyboards?

Joe H
YES everybody can build copy protected Packs with the new YEM now .. for ALL PSR-Sx70  and T5 ...  Ian describes it above.

greetings frank
Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ

Offline Joe H

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2017, 09:34:31 PM »
I believe Ian is incorrect.  I bought a .cpf file from Yamaha for my S970 and I couldn't make an Installation file from it for my S970.  Yamaha told me it wouldn't work because it was for the Tyros and gave me a refund...   .cpf is for the Tyros keyboard. It is copy protected and you must log into your Yamaha account so your keyboard and  purchase can be verified. 

I am working on some Voice Packs at the moment I would like to copy protect.. so I will see if what Ian states is true and report back.

Joe H

Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2017, 10:39:16 PM »
Hi Joe H,

I would welcome any feedback about this procedure, because as I said, although I can make '.cpf' packs specific for the instrument info files that I have, I have not really got a way of checking them, other than loading them back into YEM, but since this has those instruments installed as target keyboards, it would work wouldn't it!  I suppose that I could make a pack for one of them, then delete that instrument as a target in YEM, and then try to import the 'protected' pack.   

Edit:  In fact I have just tried this for a pack that I exported protected for the S970 that was installed as a target in YEM when the pack was exported.  I deleted the S970 from YEM and tried to import the pack. The program responded with a message box saying "The pack could not be imported because there is no instrument capable of using this pack".  I then reinstalled the S970 as a target and tried to import the 'cpf' pack and it reported that a pack of the same name already existed so could not import it!  So I deleted the original pack in YEM and then the program successfully imported the 'cpf' one.  When I open the imported pack in YEM's contents window, it now shows with a padlock in the header, which I think means that it is a protected pack!  As an additional check, I made an installation pack of the file after re-importing it into YEM and that produced a 'cpi' file according to the file extension!  However unless I selected the correct S970 target, I couldn't even select the protected 'cpf' from the installed packs window to select to include it in an installation file.  If either the T5 or the S670 that are also installed in YEM as targets was selected,  there was no 'tick' ['checkmark'] at all in the pack icon 

If you have read the relevant part of the YEM manual, you should have seen the following note (on page 9):

"NOTE
You cannot use Export Pack, Change Image, or Rename with protected Packs, such as any that you have purchased."

The '.cpf' pack that you purchased (for a Tyros5!) would probably have the same problems for you today if you tried to make either an installation or a project file pack for a different keyboard!  How did you even manage to purchase a Premium Pack for a Tyros5 without having registered a T5 with Yamaha Musicsoft?

Please check the situation out and report back, just out of curiosity/interest from my point of view, because currently I have no intention of replacing my T4 with a T5, and I don't need a PSR, so YEM is somewhat academic for me.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 11:32:25 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2017, 11:15:35 PM »
Ian,

Thanks for this information.  Sounds like you know more about YEM than Yamaha Musicsoft.  It's kind of dumb what they did.

I bought a style pack for the Euro Dance Pack... had no trouble at all buying it.  Thought I could add it to my S970 Euro Dance.  It loaded in YEM, but I couldn't create the Installation pack for my keyboard.  Based on your experiments, I should have been able to create a Installation file since I didn't need a Tyros ID to buy the style pack.

I'll post my findings later this evening.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2017, 11:36:45 PM »
Hi Joe H,

I have added to my reply above while you were posting your latest reply.

Have a look in the 'Edit:' part of my reply (green text) if you're interested.

Regards

Ian

Offline Joe H

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2017, 02:53:38 AM »
Ian,

I duplicated your process and got the same results.  But I was able to go one step further.  Since my brother owns a PSR S970 as I do, I loaded his .27 file and both Exported a copy protected pack (.cpf) and also created a copy protected Installation file (.cpi).

I deleted my brother's .n27 file and loaded my own ID again...  I was not able to load the .cpf file I just created using my brother's .n27 file, and also I was not able to install the .cpi pack on my keyboard. 

To answer your earlier question regarding loading the T5 Euro Dance 2016 style pack, I believe this was before the YEM 2.40 release or at least before the v2.41 release.  When I tried to load this file just now in the current YEM I was required to go on-line and log into my yamaha Musicsoft account.  I was off-line and did not attempt it, since it wouldn't work anyway.

All this is good news to me since I am beginning work on several custom Voice Packs I plan to sell.   Now I know that if and when I do this... the buyer must provide his/her .n27 file for me to create the copy protected Installation File and Project File that will work only for their keyboard.

Joe H

Offline voodoo

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2017, 10:30:28 AM »
The '.cpf' pack that you purchased (for a Tyros5!) would probably have the same problems for you today if you tried to make either an installation or a project file pack for a different keyboard!  How did you even manage to purchase a Premium Pack for a Tyros5 without having registered a T5 with Yamaha Musicsoft?

I could purchase the "Greetings from Italy" pack for S970 from Yamaha without having registered my keyboard. So this seems to be a device independent .cpf file. But when importing it into YEM, I was asked to enter my Yamaha login, and then it registered my S970 automatically and connected it to the pack. The process is not very transparent....
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline voodoo

« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2017, 10:33:08 AM »
All this is good news to me since I am beginning work on several custom Voice Packs I plan to sell.   Now I know that if and when I do this... the buyer must provide his/her .n27 file for me to create the copy protected Installation File and Project File that will work only for their keyboard.

This is how some content provider work as well. For example, the CMS dance expansion is sold this way:

http://www.cms-sounddesign.de/page2.html

And this works for T5 and the current PSR.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline deepsae48

« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2017, 03:19:49 PM »
With latest YEM version, it can import *.CPF files for PSR keyboards. The latest Yamaha pack "Greetings from Italy" is distributed in this format.

But I did not find how to create a CPF file...
1./  Export Pack
2./ In save as type, enter your file name,  click the dropdown arrow, select cpf, click Save
3./ in the dialog : Select Instrument info file to be used for the protection key .
      Browse to the Instrument info file, select it and click Open
Regards

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2017, 07:48:10 PM »
Hi :)

Why not use your Tyros 5 and computer together .
You can use style files for the lower half and vst Instruments for the lead right half :)
All you have to do is knock the midi off on the right and that stops the sound interferring with the left side of split. :)

Even stage perfomers could do this,that is if you trust a computer on stage!!

This way you have accsess to millions of sounds
Yamaha packs are way too expensive and their midi files to me are basic .
Try an Fm8, Arturia synths and kontact 100%

All the best
john 8)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 07:54:10 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

4EverYoung

@Dk
Ask your software companies for individual Packs .. They can also build copy protected for YOU only so they don´t have to worry about illegal copying...  just EMAIL them your Instrument ID

frank

Thank you for replying Frank.  I bought the pack from an individual, not a company.  They would not sell you PPF file.  They afraid I would sell/share with others.  I am from SE Asia.  Most of the instrument voices I use are from the region.  Yamaha will not have this voice, unfortunately.

dk

Offline Joe H

dk,

Send the seller a link to this thread and ask him to read it completely... he will learn how to create a copy protected .ppf file for just your keyboard... then he does not have to worry about you sharing it because you won't be able to share it... the pack will only load into your copy of the YEM software and only load into your personal keyboard.

Joe H

Offline bernamato

Please, see this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjTijyu2WoM

rgrds,

Offline bernamato

ThanhLoan

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2021, 09:47:48 PM »
Jorgen YEP/PPI does not extract styles for SX900. The _pack_extract folder is empty. Any idea ?

Offline overover

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2021, 01:26:13 AM »
Jorgen YEP/PPI does not extract styles for SX900. The _pack_extract folder is empty. Any idea ?

Hi ThanhLoan,

you can extract Styles from .ppf or .ppi files with the "StyleExtractor V1.0.0.5" program (developed by our forum member "jexino"):
>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=44290.0;attach=27363

Alternatively you can import .ppf Packs into the YEM. Then close the YEM and use "YEM-CE" (YEM Content Explorer), developed by our forum member Vali (valimaties"). Using this program (current version is V2.1.7), you can extract (export) Style files, Multi Pad files, Voice files, MIDI files, etc. from the ppf Packs that are currently in the YEM:
>>> https://mvsoft.weebly.com/yem-ce-version-history.html

Note: You cannot extract any content from protected Pack files (.cpf/.cpi). The only way to copy Styles from protected Packs, for example, is to install the Packs on the instrument for which they were created. With Genos and Tyros5 you can then access the "Expansion" folder from your computer and copy the desired files (e.g. Styles) to another location. With PSR-SX and PSR-Sx7x models you have to load the Styles one by one and then SAVE them to a different location. (The COPY function does not work inside the "Expansion" folder.)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)