Author Topic: Who can? to make a style and voice extractor of ppi, cpf, , cpi, Tyros 5  (Read 68973 times)

Offline Jørgen

Hi

Style extraction in ppi files is at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/yep/index.htm  ;)

Regards
Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline Joe H

iulistil2,

Voices cannot be extracted from Expansion Packs, at least no one has found a way to that just yet.  And I'm sure Yamaha does not want us to do that.

With the latest arrangers you can make new Voices in YEM from WAV samples.   It is possible someone will find a way to extract Yamaha samples, but Yamaha states this is not allowed.   So... right now you would have to "Sample" the Voice you want to copy and make a new Voice using YEM.  You know that creating new Voices is difficult and time consuming.  Yes it would be nice to just "copy" a Voice wouldn't it?

Joe H
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 05:02:26 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline iulistil2

Thanks Jørgen ! It extracts only the PSR . :)
Thanks Joe H !
This way of working is devastating result in my country Romania very small number of sales units bad YAMAHA Tyros 5. Decisions taken by Yamaha engineers to restrict the possibility of working freely with or what resources. Tyros fans including myself have sanctioned this as fighting off the voice editor! November Tyros therefore not buy five! I try to help those who are less Tyros five in my country but we censored the leading aun it Tyros bad result in the sale of five!

If Yamaha does not make better decisions for us when Tyros 4 remains the best!

I respect and thank you!

Offline EileenL

You cant extract voices from packs on Tyros 4 either. They are not meant to be altered. Why buy them if you don't like them and want to alter them.
   It is easy enough to extract styles Just select and save to user section.

angelonyc

The Extension packs are a source of revenue for Yamaha, that is why they are not gonna let any one copy them, give away or sell..

Personally, I have bought several, but have mixed feelings.. some of them are quite nice,, but the majority, I have no use for.. Also the price is an issue, you can rack up a ton of money buying all the packs. for me the price point it not really worth it to me..

I use my Tyros 5 with a computer, Logic Pro and a myriad of sound libraries, some of the libaries have sounds more suited to my needs.. A surprising amount of the time, the Tryos 5 suits my needs fine.. I did recently bought a Roland Integra - 7.. And I really like the contrast and variety.. The Roland works well with the Tyros for a well rounded out assortment of sounds..

Offline iulistil2

Yamaha does not have to do so! Most have strong dislike about their packs! Packages sounds are not to be in my country! "SouthEastEurope" a big disappointment! The majority opinion! I do not think will sell well this package!  :(

Offline Joe H

iulistil2,

I have read your comments and others in your part of the world who say the Expansion Pack Voices are not authentic sounding.  It is too bad about this, but YEM WILL allow you to make your own Voices with WAV samples.  I agree you should not have to sample ethnic instruments to create realistic sounding Voices.  Yamaha should be doing that already.

Regards,
Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline valimaties

Like Iulica said, for romanians SouthEast for Tyros 5 is  more than a bad pack. I don't know how they could even think to sell something like that! They are only a couple of voices that are a little bit usefull, but almost every sound is far away from the reality. Cymbalom sound is like a Grand Piano modified! *** :( Better would be sold separately some of voices. If they had a player with that voices on their website then it would be easier to buy just what we needed.
Like I said in other of my posts, in our country the music is more complicated than other countries. All the problem comes from Yamaha Romania, witch has a bad directory, and does not think in interest of romanian, but in interest of himself. Even that, he lost a lot of sell because of his stubbornness...

Vali Maties - Genos

SeaGtGruff

A while back I was thinking about this issue of how "authentic" a given voice sounds, and I was struck by an amusing or ironic thought. In the "old" days when synthesizers were still pretty new to the public, we didn't worry that a synthesized flute sound (or horn, or guitar, or whatnot) didn't sound exactly like the "real" thing-- in fact, we expected it to sound "artificial" or "synthesized," and that actually made it sound "cooler" to us. Yet today we gripe about how a piano voice is not as good as we were expecting, or how the organ sounds on a Yamaha don't sound as authentic as the organ sounds on another brand of keyboard, or how a flute voice has too much tremolo, etc. I'm not suggesting we should stop expecting authentic-sounding samples, or that manufacturers shouldn't strive for better sounding voices; it just struck me as being kind of funny how our expectations and sensibilities change! :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 10:12:46 PM by SeaGtGruff »

Offline valimaties

A while back I was thinking about this issue of how "authentic" a given voice sounds, and I was struck by an amusing or ironic thought. In the "old" days when synthesizers were still pretty new to the public, we didn't worry that a synthesized flute sound (or horn, or guitar, or whatnot) didn't sound exactly like the "real" thing-- in fact, we expected it to sound "artificial" or "synthesized," and that actually made it sound "cooler" to us. Yet today we gripe about how a piano voice is not as good as we were expecting, or how the organ sounds on a Yamaha don't sound as authentic as the organ sounds on another brand of keyboard, or how a flute voice has too much tremolo, etc. I'm not suggesting we should stop expecting authentic-sounding samples, or that manufacturers shouldn't strive for better sounding voices; it just struck me as being kind of funny how our expectations and sensibilities change! :)

We spoke about ethnic sounds from those packs who Yamaha sells... And more exactly, about SouthEast Pack witch it was released with "romanian authentic sounds". ********. I don't know where or who sing with those instruments sampled, but I think they didn't know from whom to sample, and how should sound those samples.

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline iulistil2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EuaRPJBkaE

That should sound a pack for Romania! Real Sounds like "Tambal" AC Bass, Braci, Taragot, Accordions Casoto,  Supita, Fluier, Trumpet, ......... - all are so specific and so demanding!

Offline valimaties

Those voices sounds good, most of them much better than official release of SouthEastern Pack, but even so, this is sound of PSR. For Tyros 5 I expect something else. I expect a professional studio sample of each sound with a couple of layers for each voice. I think your cymbalom is too glossy. The real sounds of our traditional instruments, Yamaha can found here ... https://www.facebook.com/pages/L%C4%83utarii-din-Chi%C5%9Fin%C4%83u/275337685686 They are the only ones that could give as the real sounds of our traditional instruments, and also they can give as (or to Yamaha style engineers) the technics of each instruments in style, for different type of chords.

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline iulistil2

I understand that it is almost impossible to create perfect live instruments but with all respect what you pack your port for Yamaha for South Eastern Europe is too amateurish to sound bad. Yamaha should make changes in Romania in terms of people..people with long experience and skilled ... I tried to engage with them but wanted! I have a bitter taste about Yamaha Romania with my country all their employees who have something to hide shady business!  :-\

larvol

Hi

Style extraction in ppi files is at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/yep/index.htm  ;)

Regards
Jørgen
I'm sorry but your software cannot manage PPI created BY YEM FOR TYROS5 :(

Offline valimaties

I'm sorry but your software cannot manage PPI created BY YEM FOR TYROS5 :(

I tried some weeks ago and the same as you the result was an empty folder. The PPI has a couple of styles, about 15.

Vali Maties - Genos

SeaGtGruff

That's odd, I just tried Jorgen's program on a PPI file and it worked perfectly.

Are you using the updated version of the program?

Can you explain what you mean by "PPI created BY YEM FOR TYROS5"? I thought PPI files were just for the PSR-S670 so far, and presumably for the PSR-S770 and PSR-S970 as well once they're released?

Has Yamaha published software for users to create their own PPI files, or are you using a utility that someone else programmed?

Can you post your PPI file so Jorgen can look at it? Or if it isn't one that you created and own the rights to, can you post a link to where you got it from?

Offline Jørgen

Right Michael

As there is NO DOCUMENTATION of file formats from Yamaha I got to have a file to find out what goes wrong.

I sure hope not that Yamaha have designed model specific ppi file formats.

If the file is "home made" and not follows Yamahas format, bad luck...

Jørgen
- since 1999

Offline valimaties

That's odd, I just tried Jorgen's program on a PPI file and it worked perfectly.

Are you using the updated version of the program?

Can you explain what you mean by "PPI created BY YEM FOR TYROS5"? I thought PPI files were just for the PSR-S670 so far, and presumably for the PSR-S770 and PSR-S970 as well once they're released?

Has Yamaha published software for users to create their own PPI files, or are you using a utility that someone else programmed?

Can you post your PPI file so Jorgen can look at it? Or if it isn't one that you created and own the rights to, can you post a link to where you got it from?

PPI file is created by Yamaha Expansion Manager, v. 2.2.0, for Yamaha Tyros 5. No results of extraction with last version of Jorgen.

Vali Maties - Genos

larvol

I think those PPI for Psr670 and PPI for Tyros5 are totally different.I wonder in what format would be those voices when you extract them??????All styles can be SIMPLY COPIED FROM TYROS5 HDD AFTER INSTALLING CPI OR PPI.PPI for T5 are created by YEM when only custom or not locked packs are in, when we put at least one premium pack in the software and mark it for the install file making proccess it will automatically become CPI and not PPI.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 09:24:24 AM by larvol »

Offline Joe H

Jorgen's program was written for PSR keyboards and only extracts style files... not Voice data.

Joe H

Offline Jørgen

Right, Joe

And that is why I have named it: "Style In YEP/PPI Files"...  ;)

Regards
Jørgen
- since 1999

Offline valimaties

In a PPI pack of Tyros 5 can put even styles, registrations, lyrics etc. A pack can be encrypted, and that is a CPI file extension, or not encrypted with PPI extension. If I don't want to install that pack (PPI) to can copy after that the styles saved on HDD on folder of expansion pack, how can I extract those styles? We thought that Jorgen program do this job. But it not working with any not-encrypted pack of Tyros 5. Sorry, but does not work, at least not for me.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 07:17:00 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

SeaGtGruff

valimaties, is there a PPI file for the Tyros5 that you can send to Jorgen to examine and test with?

Offline iulistil2

In a PPI pack of Tyros 5 can put even styles, registrations, lyrics etc. A pack can be encrypted, and that is a CPI file extension, or not encrypted with PPI extension. If I don't want to install that pack (PPI) to can copy after that the styles saved on HDD on folder of expansion pack, how can I extract those styles? We thought that Jorgen program do this job. But it not working with any not-encrypted pack of Tyros 5. Sorry, but does not work, at least not for me.
You are right!

larvol

You are right!
It's easy to copy. Probably you don't have Tyros5 - then I understand your answer.

If I don't want to install that pack (PPI) to can copy after that the styles saved on HDD on folder of expansion pack, how can I extract those styles?
Sorry, if you don't simply want to do this - this means either you are too lazy or you don't really need this pack or it's content(nothing personal)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 09:23:44 PM by larvol »

Offline valimaties

..... too lazy.... you made me laugh.... :D
When you have an 925 MB own packs installed of 1024, and you don't really want to erase the memory only for one style, sorry, That's mean I'm lazy?! Oh, my God... It seems that you really don't spend your time with your Tyros 5.  What means, if you have to extract 5 styles from 5 PPI files, that have a lot of memory each (spend at least 15-20 minutes per pack to install)?! I think you didn't think when you write the comment. Please don't speak with me like this if you don't know "what is about in the story" ! ....
There are a lot of users, of Yamaha users that only modify some styles from what Yamaha provides, or they have enough money to buy styles from Yamaha music store, but not all of us, of Yamaha keyboard players, want to spend their money to Yamaha. We pay a lot for a keyboard. We need someone like Bedesem, or Jorgen, etc, that knows the ins and outs of Yamaha Keyboards to provide (at least they) free software for doing our jobs more easily. We appreciate their work, I'm a programmer, and I know how much time is lost to make a software. Unfortunately, I make management software, not something like this...
In conclusion, if you don't want to help, why you write a post?! Write only if you know what is about....

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline EileenL

Load the packs onto your keyboard. Now press the style button and tab to Expansion folder Select the pack. You will now see the styles. Select one and tab to user section and press save. That's it. You may need to revoice it if you are not going to have all packs loaded in future.

larvol

When you have an 925 MB own packs installed of 1024, and you don't really want to erase the memory only for one style, sorry, That's mean I'm lazy?! Oh, my God... It seems that you really don't spend your time with your Tyros 5.  What means, if you have to extract 5 styles from 5 PPI files, that have a lot of memory each (spend at least 15-20 minutes per pack to install)?! I think you didn't think when you write the comment. Please don't speak with me like this if you don't know "what is about in the story" ! ....
There are a lot of users, of Yamaha users that only modify some styles from what Yamaha provides, or they have enough money to buy styles from Yamaha music store, but not all of us, of Yamaha keyboard players, want to spend their money to Yamaha. We pay a lot for a keyboard. We need someone like Bedesem, or Jorgen, etc, that knows the ins and outs of Yamaha Keyboards to provide (at least they) free software for doing our jobs more easily. We appreciate their work, I'm a programmer, and I know how much time is lost to make a software. Unfortunately, I make management software, not something like this...
In conclusion, if you don't want to help, why you write a post?! Write only if you know what is about....
It's amazing how people take it personal - I wrote in the brackets NOTHING PERSONAL - I meant if you really want those styles you'll get them. Now tell me but HONESTLY - how many those PPI files you have and how many of them include styles!!!???1Gb 2? 3? 10? When you really need them - load a full card - install - then copy ALL STYLES and NOT ONE just in case for the future and save it in the other place. Ok, you spend 1 hour or 2 or even 5 but you'll get the result and will never come back to that problem. And one more thing - mostly ppi files are made by users - so they probably IMPORT those styles into YEM which means if they upload PPI files they can upload those styles too.I can help with cpi styles from the packs;). But will you have a desire and time to revoice them???Especially drums???
I've got 2 GB card - and have enough space for all I need :D I play for the gigs - so I spend a lot of time with my T5.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 01:01:36 AM by larvol »

Offline Jørgen

(snip)

If you want me to help by writing a software program to extract styles from Tyros 5 ppi files, you will have to stop being lazy...
No file to me = no software program

Jørgen

PS: YOU made ME laugh...
- since 1999

Offline valimaties

Ok, Jorgen. I will make a small ppi file and I will provide it.

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline tyrosaurus

Hi Jørgen,

If it is of any interest -  I have downloaded the 'Best of Europe' .PPI for the PSR-S970 from the Australian Yamaha site (there are other free ones) and run it through version 1.10 of Style in YEP/PPI. 

The styles in the pack extracted without incident and they all look OK to me, although some of the file names are unusual!

I have tried a few on my T4 and they sound fine although obviously some voices are missing.

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 02:09:16 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline Jørgen

Hi

Oh yes... downloads are always interesting...  ;)

Do you have a link?
Otherwise mail to js@jososoft.dk

Yes, the software extractor program is a "technical" extraction... always som "musical" adjustments...

Regards
Jørgen
- since 1999

Offline tyrosaurus

Hi Jørgen,

The download file is a bit too big to send by email but you can download it directly if you select the 'Voice & Style Expansion' tab on the page that opens at this link...

http://au.yamaha.com/en/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/digitalkeyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s970/?mode=model

Edit :   The downloads are now also available on the equivalent page of the UK and Danish Yamaha sites...

http://dk.yamaha.com/da/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/digitalkeyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s970/?mode=model#tab=product_lineup

Regards

Ian

« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 04:06:30 PM by tyrosaurus »

Offline Jørgen

Hi Ian

Thanks...!  ;)

Jørgen
- since 1999

larvol

Thanks Jorgen for your interest and support. Here is a stage pack made as ppi file for Tyros5 by Yamaha Expansion Manager with the screen what's in it   http://www.mediafire.com/download/tdssn61ci89tb0d/PPI.rar

Victor
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 10:28:22 PM by larvol »

Offline Jørgen

Hi

Thanks. I will write the program in the weekend.

Jørgen
- since 1999

Offline valimaties

Most interesting is to "decompile" also the PPF and CPF files.

Even so, if you open the Expansion Manager you will see your packs. In "AppData\Local\Yamaha\Expansion Manager\Packs" path (for windows 7) there are those packs, with strange names. If you double click a folder you get a couple of files and two files ".index",".catalog" ... I checked for Stage Pack, and opened the ".index" file... There is a code like this inside
Code: [Select]
S362
{b7d2f77c-af00-41fc-9611-22a78a35b047} Stage Rock uvf.drum.y.preset
{b27dd5f9-0020-4a22-b16b-959d79f1540a} 70sR&BPop ST STY
{bf3768cb-deec-4700-9f9e-768c554980b2} 70sRock ST STY
I've supposed that each of those strange names are the styles files (like 70sR&BPop ST   STY, etc). I copied those files and renamed like the right name in the code. And surprise, those are the styles. The uvf file has a structure like xml files, not a wave file. I don't know where are the voice saved in Expansion...
Then, I tried to open the folder of SouthEast Pack, wich is encrypted. I found only a single strange-named file, with 409 MB in size. All the data is inside that file. I tought that is a way to open that file, too. But, until now, I don't find a way to extract the voices, even from free packs. I will keep looking :D

I found this code in a uvf file of a nonencrypted pack...

<waveform number="0">
  <name></name>
  <maxSampleCount>1</maxSampleCount>
  <useStereoCh>OFF</useStereoCh>
  <keybank number="0">
   <noteLimitHi>C2</noteLimitHi>
   <noteLimitLo>C2</noteLimitLo>
   <velocityLimitHi>127</velocityLimitHi>
   <velocityLimitLo>1</velocityLimitLo>
   <volume>0.000000</volume>
   <pan>0</pan>
   <centerNote>C2</centerNote>
   <tuneCoarse>0</tuneCoarse>
   <tuneFine>0.000000</tuneFine>
   <tuneLoop>0</tuneLoop>
   <samplingFrequency>44100</samplingFrequency>
   <fixedPitch>OFF</fixedPitch>
   <oneShot>OFF</oneShot>
   <useNANDFlash>NOT_USE</useNANDFlash>
   <sample position="MONO">
    <waveFile>992433eedb3f48ef12388beaa70e63e33e311a4b</waveFile>
    <waveType>LINEAR16</waveType>
    <waveStartAddress>464f1de0</waveStartAddress>
    <sampleSize>4974</sampleSize>
    <startPoint>0</startPoint>
    <loopStartPoint>4636</loopStartPoint>
    <loopEndPoint>4974</loopEndPoint>
    <wavePlacement>ABSOLUTE_ADDRESS</wavePlacement>
    <chipType>NO_RESTRICTION</chipType>
    <chipNumber>0</chipNumber>
    <waveStartFrame>0</waveStartFrame>
    <startFrame>0</startFrame>
    <loopStartFrame>0</loopStartFrame>
    <loopEndFrame>0</loopEndFrame>
    <lpcCoef>00</lpcCoef>
    <pitchUpLimit>0</pitchUpLimit>
    <beginLoopIndex>00</beginLoopIndex>
    <beginLoopAddress>00</beginLoopAddress>
    <z1>00</z1>
    <z2>00</z2>
    <z3>00</z3>
    <coef1>00</coef1>
    <coef2>00</coef2>
    <coef3>00</coef3>
    <loopStartData>00</loopStartData>
    <preloadIndex>00</preloadIndex>
   </sample>
  </keybank>
  <keybank number="1">
   <noteLimitHi>C#2</noteLimitHi>
   <noteLimitLo>C#2</noteLimitLo>
   <pan>0</pan>
   <centerNote>C#2</centerNote>
   <tuneLoop>0</tuneLoop>
   <oneShot>OFF</oneShot>
   <sample position="MONO">
    <waveFile>880b4a3e529539778233e92956e848f69290f7e4</waveFile>
    <waveStartAddress>464f3160</waveStartAddress>
    <sampleSize>6699</sampleSize>
    <loopStartPoint>6380</loopStartPoint>
    <loopEndPoint>6699</loopEndPoint>
    <lpcCoef>00</lpcCoef>
    <z1>00</z1>
    <z2>00</z2>
    <z3>00</z3>
    <coef1>00</coef1>
    <coef2>00</coef2>
    <coef3>00</coef3>
   </sample>
  </keybank>
  <keybank number="2">
   <noteLimitHi>D2</noteLimitHi>
   <noteLimitLo>D2</noteLimitLo>
   <pan>0</pan>
   <centerNote>D2</centerNote>
   <tuneLoop>0</tuneLoop>
   <oneShot>OFF</oneShot>
   <sample position="MONO">
    <waveFile>ea68c85dc072d836d5ebd2aa2744f29cd795e692</waveFile>
    <waveStartAddress>464f4b90</waveStartAddress>
    <sampleSize>9508</sampleSize>
    <loopStartPoint>9208</loopStartPoint>
    <loopEndPoint>9508</loopEndPoint>
    <lpcCoef>00</lpcCoef>
    <z1>00</z1>
    <z2>00</z2>
    <z3>00</z3>
    <coef1>00</coef1>
    <coef2>00</coef2>
    <coef3>00</coef3>
   </sample>
  </keybank>

.... etc..

Do you think that is a posibility to extract waves from those files? Those bolded code are files in the pack's folder...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:20:58 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

larvol

I think we will have troubles with CPI or CPF because they are encrypted. And if we succeed with the ppf there are not so many ppf packs of big interest.I think we should use some reverse engineering of the process UVN TO PPF.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:29:44 AM by larvol »

larvol

I think we will have troubles with CPI or CPF because they are encrypted. And if we succeed with the ppf there are not so many ppf packs of big interest. Probably we should use some reverse engineering of the process UVN TO PPF.

Offline Jørgen

Hi

My "Style In YEP/PPI files" software has been updated.

Works fine using the sample file I have got from Victor.

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/yep/index.htm

Regards
Jørgen
- since 1999

Offline valimaties

I think we will have troubles with CPI or CPF because they are encrypted. And if we succeed with the ppf there are not so many ppf packs of big interest.I think we should use some reverse engineering of the process UVN TO PPF.

The PPF are one of all packs installed in Expansion Manager. If you click on a pack and select export pack then YEM will create a PPF File. A PPF file, like a PPI file, does not contain only voices, but styles, registrations, lyrics, too.
I know it's a big process, but I think it is possible to recreate UVNs from those little files of YEM folder. Who knows how it is created UVN/UVI file, I think they can help us. It is heady necessary a tool like this, and those who use YEM could instal a software like this, who can rebuild voices from YEM folder.

PS: Thanks Jorgen for updated soft :D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:52:05 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

larvol

Hi

My "Style In YEP/PPI files" software has been updated.

Works fine using the sample file I have got from Victor.

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/yep/index.htm

Regards
Jørgen

Thank you very much! Fantastic job. Let's try a cpi file
 http://www.mediafire.com/download/b8j85k4k7cpkfn2/CPI.rar     I mailed you a password and some info

Regards Victor

Offline Jørgen

Hi Victor

Obviously no un-encrypted styles in the cpi file...

Regards
Jørgen
- since 1999

larvol

Hi Victor

Obviously no un-encrypted styles in the cpi file...

Regards
Jørgen

Hi Jorgen, of course, how stupid of me, I gave you cpi with NO STYLE. Try this one -  it has 1 style in it   http://www.mediafire.com/download/h91lr8pgppgr381/CPI.rar
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:57:57 AM by larvol »

4EverYoung

Re: Who can? to make a style and voice extractor of ppi, cpf, , cpi, Tyros 5
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2017, 01:49:59 AM »
Jorgen,

It's amazing how much knowledge you have in programming and work with Yamaha Expansion Pack.  I am kind of curious, why voice can't be extracted from PPI file?  I bought Expansion Pack from two different people.  Each one of them sent me PPI file only (Not YEP).  I can't install one Expansion Pack only.  However, I want to install both on my T5 but don't know how.  Any idea?

Thanks,
dk

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2017, 06:25:43 AM »
@Dk
Ask your software companies for individual Packs .. They can also build copy protected for YOU only so they don´t have to worry about illegal copying...  just EMAIL them your Instrument ID

frank
Genos and Tyros /PSR Support in Germany - Europe with more than
280 keyboardscouts helping in D-AT-CH-NL at your home!
Monday 18:30 (6:30 pm german time) Live tips on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBxOTmwqvDGu5QavFWeaQfQ

Offline Joe H

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2017, 03:31:07 PM »
Frank,

Is it possible for a third party developer to make a copy protected .ppf file.  For Tyros this is .cpf, but how to do this for PSR keyboards?

Joe H

Offline voodoo

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2017, 04:04:28 PM »
Frank,

Is it possible for a third party developer to make a copy protected .ppf file.  For Tyros this is .cpf, but how to do this for PSR keyboards?

Joe H

With latest YEM version, it can import *.CPF files for PSR keyboards. The latest Yamaha pack "Greetings from Italy" is distributed in this format.

But I did not find how to create a CPF file...
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D