Author Topic: Record auto accompaniment in Logic  (Read 1236 times)

Offline sniper90

Record auto accompaniment in Logic
« on: May 14, 2015, 10:30:05 AM »
Hi everyone...I need help her in sending/recording my PSR900 auto accompaniment to Logic.

I'd like Logic to recognize the 16 midi channels from the PSR in corresponding channels/tracks. Even better would be that Logic recognizes and sets up the voices too...(maybe that's a stretch though).

I'm playing around with the "FUNCTION>MIDI" menu's on the keyboard (quite complicated actually) and just going by trial and error as I don't really know what I'm doing there.  Whilst I am getting connectivity between the keyboard and Logic, it seems to me the secret of sending the auto accompaniment channels is setting up the correct midi settings in this "FUNCTION>MIDI" menu.

Now this is interesting...if I record the auto accompaniment and save it to a file, I can "import" it into Logic and it recognizes/sets up the channels that the auto accompaniment used.  However, I have to re-voice the whole thing in with LOGIC. 

Any ideas here?

All help appreciated 

Paul
Victoria BC, Canada

Offline Beachkeys

Re: Record auto accompaniment in Logic
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 02:08:32 PM »
Hi Paul, Are you using Logic Pro 9 or X?
I use Pro9 and have not had a problem with files since I added my PSRS750 to the "Environment" in Logic.
It's really much easier than trying to record "live" ACCOMP" to Logic.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.soundonsound.com%2Fsos%2Fdec12%2Farticles%2Flogic-notes-1212.htm&ei=GEheVa7ACtPYggTVnYDQAw&bvm=bv.93990622,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNGlmNsvWTxvkkBu3uxD5OQux1IEBA&ust=1432328578850583

There are also some videos on You Tube about creating environments.

Once an Environment is created for your PSR9000. Files "Imported" not dragged into logic will contain the "program change" to send back to your PSR900 so they will have the correct sound or you could send them to any other synth,keyboard or soft synth you have.
Good Luck
Pete