Author Topic: ★ N.E.W. "STYLE-CREATOR" ❶ ❷ ❸ TUTORIAL© ✔  (Read 32928 times)

Offline Patrick

Re: *NEW BEAT-CONVERTER-SHUFFLE TUTORIAL©
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2015, 04:32:44 PM »
Hi Eileen thanks a lot for all your help; always perfects advices. I've found a nive video also on Youtube about the vocoder settings on the Tyros 5; in german but a nice presentation. Have a nice day, God bless you Patrick
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 09:05:42 PM by Patrick »

NETWORK1

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2015, 10:52:06 PM »
Hi Babe, i've tryed your last Tuto and it's works fine; thanks a lot.
If you've time make a special Tuto about "how to use the vocoder" on the Tyros 5. I've tryed on the S970 without sucess for the moment. Again thank you for all the nice Tutos you've made for us! Very friendly Patrick
 :) :) :)

Hi Patrick
and thanx for the feedback.
Yes ill create a Tutorial on the vocoder and the harmonizer,and how best to use them within a Track. :)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 03:37:57 AM by BABE™® »

Offline Patrick

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2015, 12:17:06 AM »
Hi Babe, many thanks for all your help; always nice and professsional presentation. Vocoder seems to be hard to set up and it'll depend on your microphon, your voice, yours speakers, the place where you are, ... Merci Babe from the South Pacific paradise, cheers Patrick.

:) ;)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2015, 04:19:48 AM »
Hi Patrick,
   You are right that there are a few things you must set up. First of all you do need a descent Microphone which must be a dynamic type. You then have Mic setting page where you can adjust Vocal and Talk settings and there EQ's etc. This may take a little time as you need to be using the mic whilst trying these.
  Only your ears can tell you if it sounds OK for you. You then need to choose a harmony type that will suit what you want. Now by using the Edit page. There you will set things like volume of harmony which always needs to be lower than your voice. Set the type of DSP effects you want. The next page you can set different octaves to parts or use formant which can change the gender of the voice pan parts etc. In set up you choose if you want the chords to follow the left or right hand. You must be trying this all the time so that you know what will suit you. When you find a set up that suits your voice then you can save it.
  One tip is never use the harmony to much. Use it as backing singers would in certain parts of the song.
It takes time to set it up for each individual so patience is required.

Offline Patrick

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2015, 02:22:09 PM »
Hi Eillen, thanks for the answer; i'll follow all your advices; i've already made some nice settings; i've to play, sing and have the returns of the public! All the best thanks again Patrick
 :) ;) :D

NETWORK1

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2015, 03:37:27 AM »
Hi Babe, i've tryed your last Tuto and it's works fine; thanks a lot. If you've time can you make a special Tuto about
 "how to use the vocoder" on the Tyros 5. I've tryed on the S970 without sucess for the moment. Again thank you for all the nice Tutos you've made for us! Very friendly Patrick
 :) :) :)

Hi Patrick
iv looked into this,and one way is to :

1. RECORD your playing to the SONG-RECORDER F.I.R.S.T
2. THEN while playing it back, SING-ALONG to it, and the Tyros 5 AUTOMATICALLY Harmonizes to the midi-song ,
    without you having to worry about singing AND playing the chords at the same time
3. Meanwhile RECORD 2 the Audio-recorder  :D

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 12:18:39 AM by ★ B.A.B.E.™© »

Offline Patrick

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2015, 12:40:14 PM »
Hi Babe, many thanks; i'll try today; it's seems to be easy; again thank you and have a nice week, all the best Patrick

:) ;) :D

NETWORK1

★ N.E.W. "STYLE-CREATOR" TUTORIAL© ✔
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2016, 12:58:33 AM »
GREETINGS TYRANUATS !

Creating this "STYLE-CREATOR" Tutorial ,has enlightened me to how
The Yamaha-Tyros5 Team,have created an "INTUITIVE-METHODICAL" Format & Concept
with in the "ASSEMBLY" Tab.
This Tutorial demonstrates how easy it can be to create and assign :

MAIN VARIATION "A"  = U.S.MARCH

MAIN VARIATION "B"  = GERMAN MARCH1

MAIN VARIATION "C"  = ITALIAN TANGO

MAIN VARIATION "D"  = SPANISH PASO

OTS LINK ON
------------------------------------------------------
REGISTRATION & STYLE-FILES INCLUDED for DOWNLOAD
Just place them on a U.S.B. and import

TUTORIAL VIDEO HERE:
https://vimeo.com/177792690

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 01:04:56 AM by ★ B.A.B.E.™© »

Offline John Plumridge

Re: ★ N.E.W. "STYLE-CREATOR" TUTORIAL© ✔
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2016, 01:25:08 AM »
Thank you BABE

John
Tyros 3 & Tyros 5
My musical performances are better than they sound !

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2016, 01:28:12 AM »
Hallo Babe Wahnsinn wie Du die Tutorial machst.... TOP!
Gruß Frank.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 12:52:40 PM by frankmusik »
Tyros Support in Germany

Offline jm

« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2016, 04:11:22 AM »
Thanks Babe! Great work! Really appreciated!
Have great day!!
Kind regards
jm
Late Learner! Not blessed with any musical ability!☹️ But love music!  I use headphones so as not offend my husband or anyone else 😂Tyros 3 now Tyros 5.

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2016, 04:42:44 AM »
These tutorials are glorious.  ;) Like a strange mix of that old Sega Dreamcast game 'Space Channel 5' and a futuristic in-flight safety video. Fantastic. Absolutely love the Martini remix!

★ B.A.B.E.™© - please do a Swing Out Sister remix! - I'm thinking something from their fantastic Jimmy-Webb influenced 1989 album 'Kaleidoscope World'.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 05:24:40 AM by CalUKGR »
Yamaha Genos | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar

NETWORK1

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2016, 12:30:43 PM »
Thankyou very much

John Plumridge  , frankmusik  , jm.
----------------------------------------------

CalUKGR,

i like swing out sister too, but well have to compromise,.......IS  "TWILIGHT WORLD" any good ?

just for you : http://network1.x10.mx/ATWILIGHTWORLD%20REMIX.mp3

« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 07:39:05 AM by ★ B.A.B.E.™© »

Offline Patrick

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2016, 03:26:00 PM »
Hello Babe, thanks a lot for the nice tutorial; very well done! All the best for this sunday, Patrick
 ;)

Offline CalUKGR

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2016, 03:31:08 PM »
CalUKGR,

i like swing out sister too, but well have to compromise,.......IS  "TWILIGHT WORLD" any good ?

just for you : http://network1.x10.mx/ATWILIGHTWORLD%20REMIX.mp3

Fabuloso! Man, I love Swing Out Sister! I used to have the songbook for the entire Kaleidoscope World album. :-[ To this day I regret throwing it out.

Keep up the good work, ★ B.A.B.E.™© - Tyros 5 needs glam and verve!

You might also want to try a Basia remix (Matt Bianco) - brings back such happy memories of me and my first partner!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Wt1TSvke0

The 80s are like a lost world now. :(
Yamaha Genos | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar

NETWORK1

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2016, 02:09:43 AM »
Thanx Patrick

CalUKGR.............judging by the youtube likes,
the 80's world music is still very much alive, in the minds of those that love them x

Offline Jeff Hollande

« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2016, 12:11:02 AM »
Great Job, Babe ! :)

Thanks a lot, Jeff
DAWS MAC & WIN

Offline Cosmorot

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2016, 02:45:17 AM »
Dear ★ B.A.B.E.! Thank you for the beautiful and intelligible tutorials. But allow me a few comments. These flights, after a few minutes of viewing makes me sick as a carousel.  :o Maybe try another type of animation?  ::) Many video I find very useful. But the "Side Chain Compressor" is not working well. I tried. And I lost the kick. A whole mix has become as flat as a flounder. I was really hoping that we can make the effect Ducker regular means. But no. It's a pity.  :'( Well that T5 has aux. But it is necessary to have an external mixer and an external compressor.
Thank you again for the incredible tutorials!

NETWORK1

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2016, 03:38:15 AM »
Thanx cosmorot for your feedback.

Babes Tutorials are not to everyone's taste, as most people prefer
Tyros-Tipsters-Turorials that have a Live demonstration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HWAEbXBYc8

-----------------
Im sorry you felt a bit sick on the Carousel-Ride :D
unfortunately the Next Tutorial coming soon,will be going up a level,
so might need an anti-sickness tablet for that one  ;D
Its a "BILLY-JEAN" 8-REG-LOOP-BASED-DJ-BREAKDOWN.

----------------
Regarding the Side-Chain-Compression-video, im not sure why it wasn't successful for you.
Unfortunately The Tyros-5 Does not have an onboard compressor with a Side-chain-facility
so the only way to create the "DUCKING" fx , is by Knocking a Hole into a standard compressor
via a Kick drum.

http://network1.x10.mx/DUCKIT.mp3

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 02:37:16 PM by ★ B.A.B.E.™© »

Offline Cosmorot

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2016, 04:46:44 AM »
I understand your point immediately! And your example, everything sounds exactly as it should. But overall excess compression presses overly mix. I understand that there is no sidechain in T5. Your attempt - Good Reason.
I'll be waiting on you new videos! Pill has already taken! Come on! Let Rollercoaster never stop!  ;)

Online Joe H

« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2016, 08:55:02 AM »
Cosmorot,

Side chaining and gate pads are accomplished with CC11 Expression.  Yamaha has produced styles with these kind of style parts that you can copy using Style Creator Assembly.  If you have a style editor like StyleMagic you can create Expression gates and side chaining very easily.  There are variations on the position and number of controller events as seen in the attachment, and it's not that hard to do.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Cosmorot

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2016, 11:37:36 AM »
Thank you Joe H. I know it :). And makes it even easier! I work in Cubase and there is a MIDI plug-in "Auto Gate". It choose controller 11 and depth. Then it runs automatically and synchronously with the tempo  ;)

Online Joe H

« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2016, 11:47:23 AM »
Thanks for the info.  Where do I get it.  Is Auto Gate part of Cubase or is it a 3rd party plug-in?  I use Cubase once in awhile.  I'd like to check it out.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Cosmorot

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2016, 02:06:55 PM »
U can find in midi inserts. midi Plugins/Auto Gate

Offline Cosmorot

Re: ★ N.E.W. "STYLE-CREATOR" ❶ ❷ ❸ TUTORIAL© ✔
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2016, 03:48:47 AM »
I made a mistake! The plugin is called Auto LFO. Settings for the Side Chain in the picture. Well compression ratio you handle yourself.

Offline hithere

Re: *NEW VID-TUTORIALS© DISCO-BUNNY SIDECHAIN
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2016, 12:21:45 PM »
NEW VIDEO Number 4

Hello everyone .

This New Tutorial, is not for the fainthearted, but those who love the THUMPIN-PUMPIN Disco-sound.
This video is "Voiceover-Dialog-Free",so "SELECT AS SHOWN.

Dear "Blondel",

smashing tutorial  :) !

I have two questions.

1) Where did you get entries the entries "DAZ", "27DAZ", "SIDECHAIN" and "HEAVY PUNCH" entries in the Master Compressor menu from? What are they for? Are they publicly available? Can I get some? (Since they don't appear in my T5's MC menu.)

Ok, those were already four questions. I preventively raise my bid to eight questions.

2) Is there a similar (or perhaps entirely different) way to automate CHANGES of BRIGHTNESS WITHIN the T5? If you - or anyone else listening - happens to know, could you please expand or hint? A tutorial of course would be nice but be probably overkill for such a trivial issue. I'd be happy with even a short written answer  :)  !

Ok - it turned out to be six questions, but, hey, how should I know what I want to ask before I see what I've written?  ::)

Regards, HT

NETWORK1

« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2016, 01:42:17 PM »
Hi Hithere

1. the tyros allows you EDIT and save compressor settings
thats what your seeing in the video

2. Brightness and harmonics for some reason can not be saved as a registration
so filter settings form low to high , would have to be created manually, via sliders
while song creator midi, recording.

Offline hithere

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2016, 11:55:35 AM »
Hi Hithere

1. the tyros allows you EDIT and save compressor settings
thats what your seeing in the video

2. Brightness and harmonics for some reason can not be saved as a registration
so filter settings form low to high , would have to be created manually, via sliders
while song creator midi, recording.

Thanx, B.A.B.E., a lot for your reply! - I was afraid of that brightness issue, now I'm awfully sure  :(

Online jgriffin

« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2017, 05:07:05 AM »
Anyone have any "what/when/where" information about these videos?  The links go to the vimeo site but the pages are gone. 
Janet
PSR Performer page
GENOS, Yamaha Baby Grand, (2) Motif ES8, Tyos 2, (2) Tyros 3, Tyros 5-76, DGX-650 & 660, Yamaha P140, StagePas 300 & 600, (2) Bose Compact, Yamaha AG06

Online Marcus

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2017, 06:03:25 AM »
Anyone have any "what/when/where" information about these videos?  The links go to the vimeo site but the pages are gone.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,39107.msg301488.html#msg301488

Marcus
Gear: Triangle

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2017, 08:34:49 AM »
BABE has left this forum.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 11:18:47 AM by Wim NL »
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline SandeepSaxena

« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2017, 09:55:52 AM »
The tutorial video does not seem to be available @ https://vimeo.com/177792690
Is it published elsewhere that could be accessed ?

Thanks

Sandeep

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2017, 10:18:54 AM »
Thanks.  I do not know how to create styles.   I have been looking forward to a tutorial on this topic.   

I will check your videos tonight.

Thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana