Author Topic: Tabla sound  (Read 957 times)

kiranphalke

Tabla sound
« on: February 20, 2015, 07:48:27 PM »
Hi greetings from India
Is it possible to tune the Tabla sound from PSR S 850 style library?
Thanks

Offline rejoicenlord

Re: Tabla sound
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 02:37:33 AM »
Hello there.. Iam assuming that you want to tune tabla(indian kit). in rhythm sections RHY1 or RHY2.
                     The pitch of tabla can be set(as per our need) by editing the channel with tabla recorded in it in the STYLE CREATOR section.
1.After selecting the particular section of rhythm(say RHY1) IN STYLE CREATOR, use tab button to come to a screen where you can see each notes in that RHY1 channel with its timings, lenghts, note names(a1,b2,d#3.....) . Adjust the assigned buttons below the screen to move from one each prerecorded notes in RHY1 that are present.... USE DIAL TO CHANGE VALUES , and parameters if it is found necessary by you.
2.AT THE BEGINING OF THE NOTES, WHERE THE TIME OR BAR IS SET AS (0;0000) ,enter a new note(this can be done by seeing the screen ,there may be a screen button showing enter new noteLit was there in my psr S710, i guess one of the controling keys to the side of the screen must be pressed so that a new note is added to the top.... , adjust the parameter which says NOTE into PITCHBEND using dial..

3. The  value of pitch bend can be changed from 0 to some 6000 or more using dial(as the value increases, the pitch increases...)
Remember , to use the keys which says A,B,C......L on the screen sides for selecting parameters and those parameter's value changing buttons down to the screen  logically. Once you are not messing with any undesired parameters , you will be fine.

4. now just playback that RHY1 section to hear how the pitch has changed and repeat the whole procedure till you get desired resulting pitch for tabla... As far as i remember, once that pitchbend value is set and you play the RHYthM to hear the tabla, the note which you altered in STEP1 should have disappeared( even i dont know why is that).

5. if you want to set a different value to pitch bend, repeat step 1 and do it again..

A SUGGESTION ; record daya and baya(big drum of tabla) of tabala separately as RHY1  OR RHY2.... By doing so, you can assign PITCHBEND on to daya ONLY, SINCE pitch changes in tabla doesnot affect the sounds of BAYA like GHE KHE etc..
If you record both the daya sounds in a rhythm  with the baya sounds together and change the pitch......, the pitch of baya sounds may also change correspondingly.... which doesnot happen in realtime tabla playing....

HOPE IT IS USEFUL TO YOU... I DONT HAVE A KEYBOARD PRESENTLY WITH ME,,,, THIS IS WHAT I REMEMBER WHEN I USED TO DO RHYTHMS ON TABLA.....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:53:49 AM by rejoicenlord »
:-D