Author Topic: Tyros 5 Line Out distortion - 9,5KHz frequency tone  (Read 56502 times)

Beemer

Re: Tyros 5 Line Out distortion - 9,5KHz frequency tone
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2015, 09:41:27 AM »
You must have set your calender reminder to come back after a year 😁  It's good that you finally got it fixed but I assume that Yamana never provided a report on what was wrong with your original board?

Ian

selbalicious

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2015, 07:46:01 PM »
So...to further increase the intrigue around this:
I was at a gig Saturday night (this last weekend) and I had TRS cables coming out of all 6 outputs (Main and Aux 1-4) of the back of my Tyros 5 (76) and into the main mixing board (QSC Touchmix 16).
The noise was so bad that it would have been nearly unusable. I swapped cables out (including trying TS rather than TRS) and tried all kinds of other things to no avail. Same noise.
I thought I would have to go to the local hardware store down the road and get one of those ground lifter adapters UNTIL I remembered that I had my EBTech HumX adapter in my gig bag.
Now remember: I had tried this silly thing at home and didn't find that it did ANYTHING.
I plugged the Tyros into the HumX and then plugged the HumX into my rack's power supply.
Boom. Noise COMPLETELY GONE!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:49:04 PM by selbalicious »

selbalicious

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2015, 07:46:24 PM »
Guitar player steps on stage, plugs his Gibson into his Zoom G5 pedal board and then from there into his Traynor amp.
CRAZY noise. HIDEOUS noise. Again, almost unusable.
Based on my fresh experience with the HumX, I looked on the back of his G5 and pushed in the Ground Lift button.
BOOM. Noise completely gone.

selbalicious

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2015, 07:47:41 PM »
Soooo, I'm not really gonna blame the Tyros since it also showed up in the guitar chain, but MAN I am glad for these simple fixes (even though I've heard this is dangerous to do these things?).

selbalicious

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2015, 07:47:58 PM »
Now the HumX I THINK is still considered grounded (well...at least it has 3 prongs?).
But I don't know what the Zoom G5 is doing when you lift the ground off of it.

Anyway...not gonna send my Tyros in unless you kind folks pipe up and tell me that yes, it IS something that can be fixed on the Tyros.

selbalicious

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2015, 07:48:24 PM »
And by the way, I'm still lovin' how I have to post 14 times just to get a few paragraphs.
Sigh.

angelonyc

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2015, 01:55:00 PM »
My T5 has a spike at 13k and 15k... I never heard it..Until I posted a song that had a chord ending with reverb. Someone on the site mentioned it.. I record into Logic, I looked with a EQ plug-in.. and there it distinctly is.. It is soft, and 95% of the time masked by music playing.. I haven't gotten around to positively identifing the source, (since I can't hear it).. any my year warrantee is well over.. and I wouldn't want to not have my instrument for a prolonged time..

rolfeilert

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2018, 03:41:51 PM »
I got the exact same problem with my Tyros4. I am an electronic engineer so I detected the hum to be somewhat close to a multiple of the switched mode power supply frequency(5-10k). I found a loose capacitor inside the power supply, most probable  due to a violent drop, or a little accident I had with the board(Some soldering inside there looked rather hasty and low quality work. This capacitator was a part of a filter, the high pitched noise was, of course, polluting the rest of the circuits, around 10k beeping tone. A little soldering one of the legs and now it appears dead silent !!!!

Hope this will help somebody out there  ,cheers!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:36:45 PM by rolfeilert »