Author Topic: Screen shot...  (Read 31765 times)

Offline Dusan

Screen shot...
« on: January 04, 2014, 01:41:25 AM »
is pasable on Tyros 5 to make an Screen shot and save that picture on kayboard HD or PC ?
Dušan

If you want to fly,you must first walk....

Beemer

Re: Screen shot...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 09:04:30 AM »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 10:47:36 AM »
I would try the sysex for the T3 / S910.  See the attached file for the sysex strings. The way it is done is to send the first string followed by the second string.  The keyboard will respond by doing a screen shot of the current screen and automatically save it to the Root directory of your USB drive.

Joe H
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:28:26 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline amateur

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 10:48:47 AM »
Another solution I  successfully used on the Tyros-2, -3, -4 and now also on the Tyros-5 is described here.

If your computer has a Midi-connection to the keyboard (computer USB to T-5 USB TO HOST) and the Yamaha USB MIDI-driver is installed, you can save a picture of the current screen to a USB-stick on the T-5 by simply playing a tiny MIDI-file on the computer.

As soon as you play this MIDI, you’ll hear  “ding-dong” and the screen is saved to the stick.

The little midifile, I can’t remember where I found it, is attached to this post.

Happy Playing!

Ton (NL)
C'est le ton qui fait la musique.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »
Ton,

Your file contains the correct strings followed by a MIDI note to let you know the screen shot has been taken.  It should work with the Tyros 5.

Joe H
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:14:51 PM by Joe H »

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 11:22:54 AM »
Ton,

Your file contains the correct strings followed by a MIDI note to let you know the screen shot has been taken.  It should would with the Tyros 5.

Joe H

Except that this doesn't work on my T4!

I have the various sysex strings that were published for both the T3 and T4, for saving to both USB and the internal HD.   However on my T4 I can only get the one that saves to the hard disk to work.  I use MidiPlayer to play the 'song' containing the sysex, since playing it on the keyboard's internal song player has no effect.

If the sysex codes are different for the T3 and T4, I would have thought that they might also be different for the T5.

Tyros5 users please confirm if the screen dump can be triggered by the Midi in Ton's post.

Regards

Ian

Offline Joe H

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 11:26:53 AM »
Ian,

As explained in the Word document, try changinig the USB drive letter byte value... could be necessary for the T4 and T5.  You can do this in MixMaster

Joe H
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:29:48 AM by Joe H »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 12:07:37 PM »
I just discovered somethiong that is important.  You must have your keyboard MIDI configuration set to the default "All Parts". 

If you are using another MIDI setup it may not work.  When working properly, a bitmap file (CAPT0000.bmp, CAPT0001.bmp, etc) is saved to the USB drive.

Joe H
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 05:13:36 PM by Joe H »

Offline Dusan

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 12:23:02 PM »
Thanks guys,I will try that Mini MIDI file later.
Someone talk a little about MIX master.I allso use that program,but after I Exit a program on my
T5 has no saund on kayboard kays.T5 simply has no sound.I supose something is wrong about Midi driver....sending MIDI notes Off or On....
If enybody has some solution please let me know about.

Thank you
Dušan

Offline amateur

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 12:55:57 PM »
Hi Joe H and Ian,

This little midi is working fine with the T-5, like before with the T-2, T-3 and T-4, without changing anything, simply because I'm not exactly a MIDI-professional!

Also the MIDI-settings on the T-5 are "out-of-the-box", meaning indeed "All Parts" (see attachment please).

Success!

Ton (NL)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 01:06:28 PM by amateur »

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 02:27:30 PM »
As always this word of caution regarding taking screen shot images using these snapshot MIDI's:

All images on the Yamaha keyboards are Copyright Protected.  :o :o

You can use them for your own purposes, but not commercially.

Bill G
I wasn't going to do anything today - so far, I'm on schedule, :)

Offline amateur

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 03:07:31 PM »
Hi Bill G,

Thanks for your warning!

Yamaha can be reassured: I don't get paid for posting this image; so nothing commercially.

One of my "own purposes" is to share my (little) knowledge about Yamaha-instruments I own(ed) with the members of this terrific forum.

Happy Playing!

Ton (NL)

Offline Joe H

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 03:59:42 PM »
I can't image any commercial value in a keyboard screen shot. But they help when incorporating into a free tutorial or posting here to help explain a problem with your keyboard.

Joe H

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 05:18:44 PM »
Hi JoeH,

I have managed to get the SysEx that copies the screen to USB to work on my T4.

After trying different 'destination' bytes in the code, I finally got it to work - with exactly the same value as I had tried before!

The difference was that in the time honoured manner, I had switched the keyboard off and on again! 

I suspect that I had managed to generate an error when I first sent the code which prevented the keyboard from accepting anything else.

Anyway the code that (eventually) worked to copy the T4 screen to the root of a connected USB was...

F0 43 73 01 51 09 00 00 00 F7
F0 43 73 01 51 09 00 02 01 04 F7

which is exactly the same as the code for the T3 and S910 in Heidrun's document!

It takes a while to actually save the data to the USB device, so make sure that the READ/WRITE led is out before removing the USB,  but it is so much more convenient to be able to save directly to USB rather than to the T4 hard disk, so I am a happy chappy.

I can't see Yamaha being upset about screen images being shared since anything like this that makes their OS easier to understand, must be in their interest as well as the recipient.

Regards

Ian

Offline MBedesem

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 05:20:16 PM »
Dusan:

I use MM a lot with the T5 and when I have occasionally experienced no sound it was when I was using some older (Christmas 09-10) registrations and before the 1.0.4 update.

Please let me know if you learn more and if you can reproduce any behavior where MixMaster is involved.

Thank you.

Regards,

Michael

Thanks guys,I will try that Mini MIDI file later.
Someone talk a little about MIX master.I allso use that program,but after I Exit a program on my
T5 has no saund on kayboard kays.T5 simply has no sound.I supose something is wrong about Midi driver....sending MIDI notes Off or On....
If enybody has some solution please let me know about.

Thank you
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 05:32:38 PM »
Amateur & JoeH,

I have used the screenshot myself and posted them here when explaining how to do things on
these keyboards, so I'm not complaining or suggesting you can't do that.

But - I did see a post by Yamaha on another forum about using these - just for your info. only.  :)

Bill G

Offline Joe H

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 05:40:24 PM »
Bill G,

I agree that if someone were to create a Tutorial for sale (commercial product) then they would need to get written permission from Yamaha to publish their document that included Yamaha keyboard screen shots.

But we just give everything away here for free... don't we    ;D

Joe H

PS: In the USA our copyright law includes a "Fair Use" clause that gives individuals and institutions the inherent "right" to use copyrighted material for instructional / educational purposes (non commercial)... without expressed permission from the copyright holder.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 07:16:53 AM by Joe H »

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 06:26:10 PM »
Joe,

That's good to know info.

Bill G

Offline Dusan

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 07:15:17 PM »
Dusan:

I use MM a lot with the T5 and when I have occasionally experienced no sound it was when I was using some older (Christmas 09-10) registrations and before the 1.0.4 update.

Please let me know if you learn more and if you can reproduce any behavior where MixMaster is involved.

Thank you.

Regards,

Michael

Michael

Michael,

cant fined enithing more or reason whay T5 has no sound when I stop to use MM or Midi player.
Its strange ,sos I used Midi player a several years ,but on diferent Windovs OS.Had no problems with
XP OS and Win 7. Cos I dont used T5 but old T1 and Ketron Audya 76.

In this time I run Win 8 64 bit version and Yamaha T5 with latest OS 1.4.For sequencer use Sonar X2.
I allso look on Yamaha USB Midi driver and dont know haw to set midi notes send function.All to Off or all to On?

Strange is cos ewerything work just fine antil to exit of program.No mether wich one...

Dušan

Offline Joe H

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 11:25:24 PM »
Bill,

Copyright law is complicated and varies from country to country. I am no expert on the subject, but I've read up on it. Digital technology has made things even more complicated because of the obvious ability to copy and edit printed materials, recorded music, and video.  The thing about digital musical keyboards and arranger keyboards in particular is that the individual loops and phrases are quite generic, but when assembled in an organized way they become a "Style".  They are a collaborate of sounds that play in concert using specific instrument sounds (Voices in Yamaha speak). 

So the question becomes... if a style is copyrighted in it's original form, then to what extent of editing of the sounds, loops and phrases is necessary before you can call it different and it becomes your own?  It is Yamaha's intended that we "edit" styles  "'til our heart's content".

So it's a bit fussy... a grey area when it comes to using and editing styles. And I swear I heard a PSR S950 style being used for a dance tune on the radio just recently. I doubt that they had to pay Yamaha a dime for it because a style in itself is not a song. It's just an ensemble of loops and phrases, and doesn't become a recognizable tune until the style is "arranged" by the player/musician.

Now for screen shots it is far more clear cut.  The keyboard GUI is what it is.  Unless you are a whizz in Photo Shop Pro, there is no editing of a screen shot, though you may "overlay" circles and arrows as a way to identify some detail.  I would think using a photo image of a Yamaha keyboard in a publication would also require permission from Yamaha Corporation... unless it is a noncommercial instructional or informational document (or web page).

Only the lawyers can figure it all out for sure.    :D   :D   :D

Joe H

« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 11:37:07 PM by Joe H »

Offline Heidrun

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 01:46:28 PM »
Hi there,

screen shots at Tyros 4 or 5 without the need of a software tool?

Switch off your keyboard.
Stuck in an USB stick in front right.

Turn power on while pressing bass, organ and strings buttons same time.
Now regist button no. 8 feeds your USB stick with bmp screenshots till you switch off your keyboard.

Good success!

:D Heidrun

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:50:47 AM by Heidrun »
• heidruns-musikerseiten.de • heidrun-dolde.de • facebook.com/Musikerin.HeidrunDolde • youtube.com/user/HeiDol •
• soundwonderland.de • youtube.com/user/SoundWonderland •

The following users thanked this post: terryB

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 02:49:45 PM »
WOW!

Already I have learned two new things today - thank you for this information Heidrun.  :)   8)

Bill G

Offline Heidrun

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 02:51:23 PM »
Hi Bill,

this info is a secret one - I also don't know it so long.
Hopefully Yamaha will not murder me! ;-))))

LG Heidrun

P.S.: Can't really understand why Yamaha keeps such a important function for themselves
so that we all have to pain ourselves with tools and programmes!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 02:54:44 PM by Heidrun »
• heidruns-musikerseiten.de • heidrun-dolde.de • facebook.com/Musikerin.HeidrunDolde • youtube.com/user/HeiDol •

Offline Bill Grosse

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 05:13:50 PM »
Heidrun,

I also wonder why Yamaha does not tell us about these very helpful things.

Always a picture is worth at least 1,000 words when trying to explain how to accomplish things on these keyboards.

I often use those screen shots when trying to help our members master their keyboard.

Thank you again for this helpful information.

Bill G

Offline Stubby

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2014, 05:45:57 PM »
Danke, Heidrun!  (Fortunately I know one German word!)

Offline Marcus

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 06:37:14 PM »
Hi Bill,

this info is a secret one - I also don't know it so long.
Hopefully Yamaha will not murder me! ;-))))

LG Heidrun

P.S.: Can't really understand why Yamaha keeps such a important function for themselves
so that we all have to pain ourselves with tools and programmes!

The second thing I learnt as well today about the Tyros 5. Awesome tidbits of information. Thanks Heidrun.

Marcus

Offline Heidrun

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 01:49:20 AM »
Your're welcome! 

Heidrun

Offline laakies

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 02:51:25 AM »
Thanks Heidrun for this little secret  :)

It is a pitty that Yamaha this not sharring with us.

I know that there are more of  such little trucs what we can do..... but Yamaha is keeping it for their own  :-\

Regards Toine (Netherlands)
Toine vd Laak (Netherlands)
Tyros 5-61 / M-Audio 61
PA: 2 x LD-Systems Maui 5
www.laakies.nl

Offline Heidrun

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 03:13:11 AM »
Hello Toine,

yes - and this is the only real Yamaha secret I know... unfortunately!!!   :(

Kind regards, Heidrun

Offline badpuppa

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2014, 11:24:45 AM »
Dear Heidrun,

Thank You for sharing your one secret tip, and also for all the very entertaining videos over the years, you make it look very easy and you look like you are having fun.

keep smilin'
badpuppa

Offline jgriffin

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 11:43:35 AM »
I've just been taking screen photos with my iphone.  That works pretty easily!

Heidrun....I got a vision of you sitting there thinking "I wonder what will happen if I press these three buttons while I turn on the power?" - because you mentioned you normally just figure things out on your own.   ;D

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 12:09:19 PM »
Hello,

I cannot get it work on my Ty4.
Are there some other settings needed before it works ?

Regards
Etienne

Life is like a piano.
The white keys represent happiness, and the black show sadness.
But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music.

Offline Heidrun

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 03:55:41 PM »
Hi everybody,

..I got a vision of you sitting there thinking "I wonder what will happen if I press these three buttons while I turn on the power?" - because you mentioned you normally just figure things out on your own.

Caught!!!   ;D ;D ;D
This is one I simply heard by chance and memorized immediately...

Thank You for sharing your one secret tip, and also for all the very entertaining videos over the years, you make it look very easy and you look like you are having fun.

That's right, I really love to make music and a world without is unthinkable for me.

I cannot get it work on my Ty4.
Are there some other settings needed before it works ?

Make sure to use an USB stick that works with your keyboard.

Put power on as I described.

You can test your USB stick now if you press one of the keyboard categories and go to your USB stick.

If there are no problems to enter the USB1 site it must work with your stick. Then it is recognized.

Press registration no. 8 to shoot a photo.
You will hear a drum voice (don't know the English name).
One that the photo is shot and the second that the photo is saved at your stick.

Good luck!!

Kind regards, Heidrun

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:47:12 PM by Heidrun »

Offline John Plumridge

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 04:00:37 PM »
To All,
          With reference to Tyros 5, please note that, registration button 8 remains active until the instrument is restarted.

Regards
              John
Tyros 3 & Tyros 5
My musical performances are better than they sound !

Offline Joe H

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 05:05:48 PM »
The press and hold Bass, Organ and Stings while power up does not work on the S910... so it must have been implemented on T4 and newer keyboards or else only the T4 and T5.

Joe H
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 08:06:33 AM by Joe H »

Offline Heidrun

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 02:36:46 AM »
Hi there,

yes, the screenshot function I described only work with Tyros 4 and 5.

Heidrun

Offline maartenb

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 03:17:53 AM »
Vielen Dank, Heidrun, thanks a lot!

It's a great tip and I don't need an external MIDI sequencer anymore.

Thanks for memorizing and sharing it!  ;D

Maarten

Offline Heidrun

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 03:21:34 AM »
Yes, it's much easier now, Maarten.
But don't forget to switch off your keyboard after taking the screenshots ;-)

Kind regards, Heidrun

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2014, 09:20:07 AM »
Hello,

Different key's are needed for Tyros 4 and Tyros 5 to start up:

Tyros 4 : GUITAR - ORGAN and STRINGS

Tyros 5 : BASS - ORGAN and STRINGS

Regards
Etienne
Life is like a piano.
But as you go through life's journey, remember that the black keys also create music.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2014, 09:32:10 AM »
Hi Etienne,

This is excellent.

I wondered why I couldn't get the original combination to work on my T4!   ???

The GUITAR, ORGAN and STRINGS combination works fine.

You know if it is working because you hear a tinkling sound when a file is saved.

Many thanks you, and to Heidrun for the tip in the first place.    :)

Regards

Ian

Offline Heidrun

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2014, 09:40:51 AM »
Oooooh... I'm very sorry!

Didn't realise that the button names differ between Ty4 and 5.

Ok let's say:

Upper "Voice" row buttons 3 and 4
Lower "Voice" row button 1

Sorry again!!

Heidrun

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2014, 09:46:12 AM »
@Heidrun,

No problem.
We need to thank you for the great tip.
With this new knowledge perhaps user of other keyboards can also create screenshots .
Like S910, Ty1, Ty2 ...

Regards
Etienne
Life is like a piano.

Offline Heidrun

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2014, 10:09:21 AM »
Hi Etienne,

I already tried it with Ty3 and 2 but without results.

Herzl. Gruß von Heidrun

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2014, 12:59:15 PM »
Another option:

Load song with sys/ex F0 43 73 01 51 09 00 00 00 F7 and F0 43 73 01 51 09 00 02 01 04 F7
Connect the USB stick in the front USB to device
Select midi setup, Preset > all parts
Connect midi B out and Midi A in with a midicable.
Press song play, and the sreenshot is made
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline poinsot

Screen shot...
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2014, 02:50:33 PM »
Bonsoir ......pour les Français , j'écris mon essai sur le tyros 5...c'est OK
Merci à vous tous
En allumant votre T5 , vous maintenez pressé  les 3 touches en même temps ...(BASS ORGAN STRINGS) , vous relâcher et ensuite vous effectuez une capture d'écran selon votre besoin à chaque pression sur la touche 8 ( registration )(petite musique de fond à la capture)......ne pas retirer la clé avant d'éteindre le clavier
Fonctionne sur T4  avec les touches (GUITAR - ORGAN et STRINGS.)
Merci à Heidrun de PSR Tutorial pour l'information
Bonne soirée à vous

Jean Pierre

Hello ...... for French, I write my essay on the tyros 5 ... it's OK
Thank you all
Turning your T5, you hold down the 3 keys at the same time ... (BASS STRINGS   ORGAN  ), you release and then you make a screenshot according to your needs each time you press the button 8 (registration)(little background music to capture). ..... do not remove the key before turning off the keyboard
Works on T4 ( GUITAR - ORGAN et STRINGS.)
Thank you to Heidrun PSR Tutorial for information
Good evening to you

Jean Pierre
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 10:37:58 PM by poinsot »

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2014, 10:34:21 PM »
@Jean Pierre (Poinsot)

Faites attention que votre explication ne fonctionne pas sur le Tyros 4.
Pour le faire fonctionné sur le Tyros 4 il faut tenir les touches suivant : GUITAR - ORGAN et STRINGS.

Salutation
Etienne
Life is like a piano.

Offline poinsot

Screen shot...
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2014, 10:39:24 PM »
Bonjour et merci à toi ......j'ai rectifié le message
Merci encore
Jean Pierre

Matrix

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2014, 04:04:57 AM »
Just tried it on the Tyros 2 and it does not work  :-\

Offline frankmusik

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2016, 06:31:54 AM »
b.t.w.
Just used the Screenshot function on PSR-S770/970, it works fine.

HOLD E-Piano/Strings/Choir&PAD  and switch on

greetings frank
Tyros Support in Germany

Offline Joe H

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2016, 08:29:13 AM »
Frank,

I send the sysex from an external MIDI device.  What do you mean by "HOLD E-Piano/Strings/Choir&PAD  and switch on"

Then what?  How so you capture the particular screen you want?  Is the screen capture built-in to the keyboards?

Joe H
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 08:51:47 AM by Joe H »