Author Topic: 1st Major problem with Tyros5, 76-keys  (Read 5974 times)

Offline Osvaldo De Souza

1st Major problem with Tyros5, 76-keys
« on: December 22, 2013, 04:37:19 AM »
22nd December 2013

Yesterday (Saturday 21st December) after setting up my Tyros 5, 76-keys at the Italian restaurant, I encountered problem selecting the songs (from my USB Thumb Drive as well as the back up songs stored in the HARD DRIVE (HDI) i.e. the buttons “ D, E, F, G & H “ would not work (unable to select & Highlight the song selection). The same problem was when selecting the “ STYLES “ .

I then observed that the “ LED light “ on the AUDIO RECORDER Play/Pause “ was lit and tried pressing the“ STOP “ button to turn it off but the LED light stayed on. I then switched off the main power on the keyboard and tried to “ Reset & Initialize “ (i.e. pressed the last key on the keyboard at the same time turned the power switch “ ON “. The LED light on the Audio Recorder “ Play/Pause “ was lit automatically.

On contacting the local representative of Yamaha dealer, he told me that I needed to bring the keyboard to be sent to their service department for repairs and guided me on doing the selection of the songs manually for “ D, E, F, G & H “ by using the “ DATA ENTRY (wheel) “ and press “ ENTER “ to select the songs which worked perfectly.

In view of our contract to play on the week-ends as well as the X’mas Eve and New Year’s eve, the Yamaha representative has promised to loan me my “ TYROS 4 “ as the Yamaha Service Department is closed until 2nd January 2014.

Has anybody else encountered this problem and/or know how the LED “ Play/Pause “ can be turned off which probably is freezing the “ D, E, F, G & H “ buttons??

I will be taking my Tyros 5 keyboard to the Yamaha dealer on Sunday 22nd December around 12 noon and collect at the same time the Tyros 4 “ On Loan “ until my Tyros 5 is repaired.

Regards
Osvaldo De Souza (Oz)

Offline Keyboardist

Re: 1st Major problem with Tyros5, 76-keys
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 06:08:08 AM »
Short of the full factory reset there isn't much you can do after removing the usb just in case
I was told by Yamaha that certain styles can lock the whole board but I  didn't think that a style or styles can lock a whole keyboard, but it can happen and did in my case on another issue
In your case you cant get it back
If the keyboard is new I would want  a complete new one especially when it is a tyros 5
I don't want to spend all that money and then have to send it in for  repair; I want a new one if it is a short period after I bought it !!!!!!! >:(

Craig
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 05:25:03 PM »
23rd December 2013

This afternoon I returned my Tyros 5 to Yamaha dealer and got on loan my traded TYROS 4.

I am happy that I can use the TRS-MS05 with Tyros 4 and works perfectly well.

I should know the status of my Tyros 5 1st or 2nd week of January 2014 and until then I will keep the TYROS 4. If the service department cannot figure out the solution to the problem then Yamaha dealer will order a new Tyros 5, 76 keys.

Will keep you posted on the outcome.

Oz

Offline Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 07:59:39 PM »
3rd January 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the members.

I have today received my replacement NEW TYROS 5-76 Keys from the local Yamaha dealer.

The old one is still in the Service Dept to be repaired or sent back to Yamaha HO.

I am happy the sales representative made these arrangement to give me a brand new keyboard.

Regards
Oz
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:00:47 PM by Osvaldo De Souza »

Online jgriffin

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 11:25:22 PM »
Bravo to that dealer!
Janet
PSR Performer page
GENOS, Yamaha Baby Grand, (2) Motif ES8, Tyos 2, (2) Tyros 3, Tyros 5-76, DGX-650 & 660, Yamaha P140, StagePas 300 & 600, (2) Bose Compact, Yamaha AG06

Offline arberkocllari1

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 12:47:25 AM »
I have the same problem with Tyros 5.Is anybody who knows what to do to fix this?