Author Topic: List of the Tyros 5 Audio Styles that include Audio Drum Loops (audio )  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Scott Yee

Perhaps the most exciting feature of Tyros 5 that convinced me to pre-order Tyros 5 is the new  Audio Drum loops
included in 40 of Tyros 5's styles.  8) Though disppointed to disover Yamaha's T5 manuals (Owners,Data List,oand Reference) don't include a listing of these 40 styles,
I had the pleasure of visiting Eileen Lowrey :) today via skype video (from San Francisco, California to Essex, England)
and she not only proudly showed off her new beautiful Tyros 5 to me, but gave me a live demonstration of the 40 styles with  Audio Drums loops too (see list below).
My immediate reaction: . . .amazing! Though merely heard via Video Skype, as a seasoned Tyros 4 owner, I immediately noticed the "out of the box" Tyros 5 sound improvement over Tyros 4.
Tyros 5's got the punch, presence, and clarity of listening to a 'live' band whereas the Tyros 4 sounds more like listening to a polished CD.
The other thing that stood out is that the preset OTS instrument presence (both sound & volume) sound 'ideally balanced' with the associated auto accomp. backing tracks.
In all prior Tyros models I owned (Tyros 1, 2, 4) , it took me much tweaking to get the sounds & balances to approach even near the 'out of the box' sound experience of Tyros 5
Eileen. Congratulations on being of of the first to get your Tyros 5.  I'm more excited than ever now to finally receive mine very soon.

Tyros 5 Styles which incorporate pro live performed  Audio Drum Loops ( audio):

Pop/Rock (10):
Canadian Rock
Brit Rock Pop
80's Rock Anthem
Brit Rock Anthem
US Rock Shuffle
Funk Pop Rock
Cool 8 Beat
West Coast Pop
80's Shuffle
60's Guitar Rock

Ballads (3):
Brit Pop Diva
R&B Soul Ballad
6-8 Pop Ballad

Dance (5):
Big Room
Hard Club
US Club Dance
Club Riddin
Retro Disco House

Swing/Jazz (3):
Big Band Jazz
Club Cool Jazz Club
Uptempo Swing

Rhythm/Blues (4):
Acoustic Blues
Blues Shuffle
50's Rock&Roll
R&B Pop Diva

Country (2):
New Bluegrass
Easy Country 1

Latin (7):
Cool Bossa
Pop ChaCha
Spanish Rhumba
Pop Flamencos
Tango Flamencos
Sheriff Reggae
Bomba 1

Movie & Show (1):
Tap Dance Swing

Entertainer (4):
Rock Schlager 1
Rock Schlager 2
Rose Disco
Swing Schlager

World (1):
Celtic Dance 3/4

Scott Yee  8)
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA

Online Marcus

Re: List of the Tyros 5 Audio Styles that include Audio Drum Loops (audio )
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 02:16:22 PM »
That's awesome Scott. I was waiting for that list too.

Thanks, Marcus
Gear: Triangle

Offline Lloyd E

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 02:48:16 PM »
Great article Scott. Eileen was very kind to spend time with you and to play the things you were interested in. Lets hope that Frank gets in those Tyros 5 next week and we are on the list to
receive one.  TTYL   Lloyd
PS: Eileen will soon be working on a DVD demonstration I bet. For all you who may be getting your instrument for the first time, Eileen produces an excellent "How To" and covers every
      thing you need to know to operate it like a pro.   
Music is the way to go

DonYoung

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 03:27:06 PM »
Great article Scott. Eileen was very kind to spend time with you and to play the things you were interested in. Lets hope that Frank gets in those Tyros 5 next week and we are on the list to
receive one.  TTYL   Lloyd
PS: Eileen will soon be working on a DVD demonstration I bet. For all you who may be getting your instrument for the first time, Eileen produces an excellent "How To" and covers every
      thing you need to know to operate it like a pro.   

I sure hope Eileen does a DVD on the T5, I got the one she had for the T4 and it was totally awesome.  This woman is SHARP!!!  SHARP!!! and SHARP!!.  Don Y.

Offline rolfeilert

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 05:37:35 PM »
Can these audio styles be parted in let's say drums+Bass+guitar and reused in another style '(for example the drum track gets reused and replacing drums in another style)?

Online Marcus

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 04:32:55 AM »
Can these audio styles be parted in let's say drums+Bass+guitar and reused in another style '(for example the drum track gets reused and replacing drums in another style)?

Yes you can, but you must start with the Audio style in Style Creator first, and re-assemble the other style parts from the other style in the Assembly page. All other edits can be at the same time and saved.

The newly assembled hybrid audio style can only be saved to the Tyros 5 User Drive and cannot be copied. About 100 hybrid Audio Styles can fit within the capacity of the User Drive.

Regards, Marcus
Gear: Triangle