Author Topic: Can't achieve chord step recording can you help?  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Rotech

Can't achieve chord step recording can you help?
« on: June 01, 2013, 10:28:36 AM »
I've been reading the  manual until I can see it in my dreams, but I am unable to understand how to record chord in the step recording mode. I know how to record by channel but can't get  understand how it's odone with chords, can some one share there experience plz.

Online MBedesem

Re: Can't achieve chord step recording can you help?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 06:39:56 PM »
Ro:

Start SongCreator, go to the Chord tab, select the Step record button on the right, select the chord duration you want at the bottom right, then select a time (Measure beat tick). Then key a chord in your left hand. When done, depress expand and Song Play. It works!

Note: You cannot enter the chords with text, but in the screen before (click Exit adjacent to the screen) you can edit the chord and chord type by editing the entries. This is useful for correcting mistakes or entering chords that you do not know how to key.

The entry is not so slick, but most songs do not have that many chords, and the results are very good.

If you save the song, then you can go back and edit it (including the style!). Make the changes to the listings and hit execute, then Song Play.

Step Recording is very powerful, but seldom used. Sometimes I have been curious about some music (e.g. jazz) that i simply cannot play well (e.g a listing from Keyboard Magazine). Rather than mastering a style I am not familiar with, I try StepRecord with various Yamaha styles. The results are always interesting.

Regards,

Michael  
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:41:11 PM by MBedesem »
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline Ed B

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 06:56:31 PM »
Hi
Song creator is on your keyboard see  reference manual pge 45
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline bobbyjohn54

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 09:41:31 AM »
Hello, I am fried with simply trying to key in a chord in step record and didnt get much from the responder of your question. I was just wondering if you ever found out how to key in a chord in Step record mode. This manual is the weakest thing, I swear. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Cheers & Happy Playing.  :)
GJ