Author Topic: i m looking for Yamaha Expansion Voice Editor (Psr A2000)  (Read 824 times)

Offline bersma

i m looking for Yamaha Expansion Voice Editor (Psr A2000)
« on: February 27, 2024, 09:31:01 PM »
Hi everybody

recently I bought Yamaha Psr A2000 .but I need (Expansion Voice Editor) in order to create my custom expansion pack.
so I'm asking if anyone can send it to me. (i searched the whole internet but no way)

Thanks in advance

Offline BogdanH

Re: i m looking for Yamaha Expansion Voice Editor (Psr A2000)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 08:45:34 AM »
hello bersma and welcome to the forum

You can download all available software for PSR-A2000 from Yamaha web site.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline bersma

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 12:59:45 PM »
BogdanH : Unfortunately there is no software to create packs with wav files.

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 02:37:13 PM »
hello bersma,
I'm not familiar with PSR-A2000 and I have no idea what software was used (if there was any) for creating custom expansion packs. From what I can see, the only options to create/install exp.pack was, by using "MusicSoft Dowloader" -but there's no option for creating custom voices.
Sorry that I couldn't help.

Greetings,
Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 02:41:43 PM »
Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM) is  not compatible with the A2000. As I understand it, the only expansion packs available for the A2000 were supplied by Yamaha - there is no option to create your own.

This keyboard looks to be an "oriental" variation of the PSR-S750, which is from the generation before YEM was introduced.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 02:50:06 PM by DerekA »
Genos

Offline Joe H

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 04:27:33 PM »
Hi everybody

recently I bought Yamaha Psr A2000 .but I need (Expansion Voice Editor) in order to create my custom expansion pack.
so I'm asking if anyone can send it to me. (i searched the whole internet but no way)

Thanks in advance

Are you talking about the Yamaha Voice Editor to create YEP files

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline bersma

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2024, 05:05:45 PM »
BogdanH : as you said there's no option for creating custom voices with "MusicSoft Dowloader" . thanks anyway

DerekA   : Yes, it's indeed an oriental keyboard, and YEM dosen't support it.

JoeH      : something tells me you have the solution, lol . yes , I forgot to say  it's for creating YEP packs.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 03:23:33 PM »
I once had the editor, but I can't find it anywhere now.  I did find the pdf user manual, but I'm not sure if I still have the program.  I will keep looking, it may be on my spare MIDI computer.  If I find it I will let you know via a PM for you to download.  I will be back in touch.  If I can't find the program I will post again to let you know.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Joe H

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2024, 04:21:20 PM »
Well I found the file and I decided to post it here for anyone interested.  YEP files are used for the PSR A2000 and PSR 950 keyboards.

The download includes the Yamaha Voice Editor setup.exe, (must be installed), the portable Style Organizer program (does not need to be installed, the pdf Expansion Voice Editor Owner’s Manual and the Ultimate EDM pack in both YEP and YEM format.  The pack contains both EDM Voices and EDM styles. Just unzip and install.  There is a text readme file included.  With the editor you can copy Voices from one window (by loading different packs) to another to create a custom pack.  Enjoy.

https://app.box.com/s/jcsf0sj7eq7qwfv3sk6idp48gqw8joo2

« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 04:25:31 PM by Joe H »

The following users thanked this post: Amwilburn

Offline Amwilburn

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2024, 07:27:30 PM »
Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM) is  not compatible with the A2000. As I understand it, the only expansion packs available for the A2000 were supplied by Yamaha - there is no option to create your own.

This keyboard looks to be an "oriental" variation of the PSR-S750, which is from the generation before YEM was introduced.

Correct on all counts!

It also means that you could only load 1 pack at a time on there, no partial loads of 2 mixed packs. With only 64mb expansion space, most of the packs would've been too large to install 2 packs anyway.

But there has to be a way to make your own install pack, as pjd has already done on the ancient s950 (which is the same gen as the s750).
I eagerly await the "how"!

Mark

Offline Joe H

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2024, 10:15:09 PM »
Mark,

As noted above, the Yamaha Voice Editor allows to you to make a custom pack.  It has 2 windows.  You can load existing packs one at a time in the left window and copy Voices to the right window.  Load another pack in the left window and again copy Voices to the right window.  By this process, you can make a custom pack with Voices from several different packs then export the left window Voices and save as a .yep file.

The style organizer program will let you do a similar thing by import styles into your custom pack.

Joe H