PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-S910/S710 (SFF2)

S910 Registration Left

(1/5) > >>

Craven Morehead:
I did a search and didn't find anything on this, and it doesn't say anything in Owner or Reference manuals that I can find.
I have been setting up a Registration bank and everything was going good until I noticed the Left Part was not showing the voices that I had selected.
Not sure but I think what I selected on the number 1 Reg. is what I'm getting on all of the other 7 even though I had originally had a different voice select.
Right 1, Right2, and Multi-Pad works fine.  After setting up each Reg.1-8 I save the bank to user, and USB.  After seeing that the Left Part had changed I went back and did it all over again.  The same thing happened again.  Either I'm doing something wrong or maybe it's the way it's suppose to be.  When I change the Left to something else it changes it on all 8 Regs. regardless of what Register number I'm on when I do it.   

travlin-easy:
If I recall, the left voice is associated with the style file. Therefore, if the style file has a grand piano as a default left voice, if you change it to strings, it will default automatically to the grand piano by default. I believe the only work-around for this is to run the style through Style Creator, change the left voice and save the file with a new name as a User Style.

Good Luck,

Gary 8)

Fred Smith:
The left voice is part of the style group. If you want to memorize a left-hand voice, you need to ensure Style is checked when you memorize the registration.

Regards,
Fred.

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Craven Morehead on April 15, 2012, 01:10:26 AM ---When I change the Left to something else it changes it on all 8 Regs. regardless of what Register number I'm on when I do it.   

--- End quote ---

On re-reading your post, if the above is your problem, it most likely means that your freezing the style. Turn off the freeze, and see if this solves your left-hand voice issue.

Regards,
Fred.

Craven Morehead:
Thanks Gary, and Fred.  OK! Here's what I did. First I went in and checked the style box and changed the Left Part and went through all the steps to save it.  The same thing happens.  All of the Registrations changed the Left Part voice to match. I looked at the freeze and it was not selected.  So I guess you're correct Barry when you said the Left Part is for Styles.  I don't really like using the Left Part anyway.  I was just putting a voice into there that would basically go with the Right1 and Right2. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version