Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 4 (SFF2)

Music Finder v Registration Banks

<< < (2/4) > >>

travlin-easy:
I suspect that one day in the not too distant future they will be one in the same, but with many more options.

Gary 8)

Ed B:
Maur
I see this is your first post so let me welcome you to the forum where you will find lots of help and support from fellow players.
From my point of view registrations are not  a song finder.Primarily they are an arranging process to allow you to make quick changes on the fly automatically, live.
Using just the music finder you do not utilize the powerful capability designed into the arranger keyboards . You have a choice just pick a style using music finder or you can go much further and really arrange the song bringing instruments in and out beyond the 4 variations and adding and subtracting instruments in the accompaniment. You can use more than one style if you find it appropriate. You will find the tutorials previously suggested helpful in understanding  and this thread gives you an inkling into how some members use them musically

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php#11

Note to Bil and Garyl. I think it would be neat if you could call them up from the music finder as well   

Regards  
Ed B

Fred Smith:
Registrations are just the next step in making life easier for performers.

Just like the OTS feature allowed you to quickly select appropriate voices for a style, registrations allow you to control even more. In a registration, you can set the vocal harmony, text file, use different voices than OTS, change tempo, transposition, song file, etc.

Personally, I use the Music Finder when I'm playing for my own enjoyment, but I use registrations for gigs. They offer so much more control over the instrument.

Check out the registrations here: http://psrtutorial.com/Charter/Christmas.zip, and see if you still think registrations are "*****".

Regards,
Fred

tscheiderer:
Hi Maur,
Welcome to the forum. The Music Finder is fine.  However I prefer using registrations for all the reasons mentioned. I find that they provide much more versatility than the music finder. It would be nice if they could be pulled up by name. Hopefully some day that will be possible.  There are many ways to get around the problem. One method I use is to put the registration number on all my lead sheets. That way when I pull up the lead sheet it only takes a few seconds to call up the registration. There are many other ways to find them quickly. It just depends on your personal preference.  They are a great tool. Once you get used to them it's not nearly as complicated as it seems.

Again Welcome!

Have a great day!

Tommy    ;D

maur:
Thanks for all the input.--food for thought.

Just a thought :

One way to use the  Music Finder to locate registrations would be to include  the registration number in the title?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version