Author Topic: String pad running in style  (Read 1849 times)

String pad running in style
« on: February 12, 2023, 08:13:34 PM »
Hi all,

Finally, a real Genos question, not about the Event or PA5X 🤣.

In the styles there's always a string pad playing. How does one turn that off? Many thanks...
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline tyrosrick

Re: String pad running in style
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2023, 08:40:31 PM »
Could you turn it off in the Channels tab?

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 08:53:19 PM »
Not sure. I'll check. Thanks T-Rick.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 09:10:13 PM »
Hi all,

Finally, a real Genos question...

In the styles there's always a string pad playing. How does one turn that off? Many thanks...

Hi Lee,

Do you mean when ACMP is ON but the Style is stopped? Then it affects the following setting:

Go to "Menu > Style Setting > Setting > Stop ACMP". "Fixed" is probably set there, then you will always hear a bass sound and a string pad when playing a chord with the left hand when the style is stopped. If "Style" is set, the bass and pad voices of the current style will be used. To turn off these Stop ACMP sounds, set this parameter to "Off".

Important: This setting is always memorized with the Style group in Registrations. Therefore, this setting can be changed again by Registrations that contain a different Stop ACMP setting. Please also see the attached screenshot and pages 11/12 in the Genos Reference Manual.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 09:11:21 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2023, 09:37:49 PM »
That's a big help, Chris. I'll give that a try. Thanks :)!

Edit
That did it Chris! Thanks to you both for chiming in.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 09:45:20 PM by Lee Batchelor »

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2023, 09:58:52 PM »
What a great setting! When I'm playing light jazz, I really don't need The Living Strings or Mantovani playing swells in the background :).

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2023, 10:52:00 PM »
You're welcome, Lee!

I'm glad to could help you.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

tyrosman

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2023, 07:08:18 AM »
i thought you might have knew that lee you can do a lot in the channel setting you can eveen change a voice :)

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 07:28:07 AM »
i thought you might have knew that lee you can do a lot in the channel setting you can eveen change a voice :)

Hi tyrosman,

The behavior that a Bass sound and a Pad sound is audible when you play in the Chord Detection area of the keyboard when the Style is stopped can only be switched off under "Menu > Style Setting > Setting > Stop ACMP". As also mentioned, if "Style" is set there, the Bass voice and Pad voice of the current Style are used. Of course, you can change the voices of these Style parts if necessary. But this also has an effect if the Style is played normally.

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 07:30:13 AM by overover »

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2023, 12:24:51 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, folks.

My main goal was to turn off the string pads altogether because they simply don't belong as background pads in most of our music. They do have their place but they sound like "mono-toned, old style" technology from the 1980s keyboards. What astounds me is I'm just noticing them now 🤣!