Author Topic: Storing Memory Registrations.  (Read 1267 times)

Offline shezza

Storing Memory Registrations.
« on: July 31, 2022, 07:50:58 AM »
Hi all, I have an SX900 and have managed to save all 8 of my registration memories as per a YouTube video into a memory bank (A).
But I cannot save another 8 and make another bank (B). I just keep over writing the previous 8,  I have looked in the manual and at YouTube again but cannot see where I am going wrong. Can anyone help please..................Thanks
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 07:54:14 AM by shezza »

Re: Storing Memory Registrations.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 08:53:22 AM »
if you press the top right key when you start the keyboard it will give you a new empty registration file

Offline shezza

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2022, 10:53:14 AM »
Top right key!! sounds a daft question but which top right key?  I can save settings into the 1 to 8 and then need to save them to a bank so I can save another 1 to 8 and save to a bank and so on.

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2022, 11:59:45 AM »
You have memorized 8 registrations. Now you have to save the bank of them.

Tap the registration window on the screen. You will get a screen that includes a File icon. Tap it. Then tap Save, Save here, give it a name, then OK.

Performing file operations on registrations is no different than on Styles, Songs, Multipads, etc.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: mhack

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 12:57:25 PM »
Once you have your bank safely saved on your user section or where ever you want to put it you can go to registration edit and delete the eight buttons and then start making up your second bank.
Eileen
font]

The following users thanked this post: mhack

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2022, 10:23:27 PM »
The save operation *always* asks for file name. If you don't change the suggested name, it overwrites. If you do change the suggested name, it creates a new one.

The suggested name is the name of the file you most recently loaded or saved.

If you have a bank loaded, and come up with a setting you want to put in a new bank, store it onto slot 1 of the currently loaded bank. Just doing this will not change the current b

ank itself on disk. Then save the bank with a new name (it will not overwrite the current bank). Then use the edit menu to delete the other slots and save again, this time leaving the name the same so if overwrites.
Genos