Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Tyros 2 (SFF1) / Song dedicated Styles for Tyros 2
« Last post by adrianed on Today at 09:58:10 PM »
Hi folks,
I have given my T2 to a family member who is showing signs of interest in playing
I was just wondering if anyone might have some song dedicated styles for this model that don’t need converting for it
Only song dedicated ones please
I will start him off with my methods because that is all I know
I use song dedicated styles to start off each of my registrations
Looking forward to your response
Adrian
Ps I don’t have T2 dedicated song styles myself because I didn’t know about them in those days
Tyros 5 (SFF2) / Re: Swedish Midies
« Last post by Karl52 on Today at 09:25:29 PM »
Hi!
I have some files on my OneDrive that I want to share with you.
What link should I put so you can use them?
Hi .

I have opened a separate Post related to the Search behavior which is really a continuance of this but more details are provided with a very favorable finding.   

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,69438.msg522537.html#msg522537

Regards  dom.
Hello Everyone.

I have decided to open a separate post for the Search Behavior of the SX series my SX700 in particular.

The original post is getting too long and while it carries lots of information and benefits I don't want things to get too clouded that it losses it's true value. I will put a link in that post to this post for anyone to connect the two and for Yamaha to follow through on the issue initially noted with my resolution.

As you all know there are lots of comments and recommendations on USB folder and file sizes, for me soo much so that I only know that Registrations should not have a max of 255 entries per folder. Don't know about the others(styles, voices, midi, pads, songs, etc)  and it seems to me that many of you are so cautious about putting too many folders and files, in particular styles on a USB, that you may be just limiting yourselves perhaps unecessarily. 

I am not making recommendations in this post as the choice is always yours to do file management as you see fit, but I am revealing my discoveries which are starting to add solid foundational knowledge and structure to my file management system as it relates to styles, Regits, voices, etc.

As you know I kind of have gone against the grain in the way I populate my USBs and many I am sure think that I am looking for trouble, in particular when I say that I have over 25,000 files and growing on one USB.

Well, after the search issue, I did say that I will continue to do related testing on this function and try to understand if possible how it really works, how to break and fix.

Testing Discovery for Styles -(for now).

1.  I have gone through many many folders from what I have created and populated. I have also
     gone through the Forum packages which I have purchased and done hundreds of searches
     tapping into everything I have on my USB. Crazy, time consuming yes but very rewarding if you
     read on.

2.  All my searches were successful except for one which flagged a new search error message(at
     least for me). Message " Too Many Files Exist In One Folder To Execute This Operation"

3.  At the time I was searching a style called "wanderer" and the result was 1.5 pages or 15 entries.
     Note that at this time I had all 4 USBs(clones of each other) connected and the internal storage
     was 1007.85MB available. In other words empty.  I   have expansion packs loaded as well.

4. Selected the entries on the list and all worked fine except for the last 4 which failed to open.
      Message: " Too Many Files Exist In One Folder To Execute This Operations

5. The anomaly here is that Wanderer_X9 showed up on the list but when I selected it to be loaded
    the keyboard went into "Loading"  for 3 seconds, then highlighted this selection and paused to
    allow me to issued the "OK" or "Cancel".  I selected the "OK" and keyboard went into "Executing"
    mode for 9 seconds and then issue the error message stated above. 

6. Since the keyboard was/is not smart enough to reveal the path, I put the USB into my PC and
    found the following:

- I had purchased the #17 package from the forum and created a Yamaha New Style #17 folder
       with everything that I had received.
     - There is a folder called  "KetronX9' in there. I can't remember if maybe I put it there or if it
       came with it (something I will need to look into if I want and find the time)
     - This folder had 3185 entries in it and every time I tried to open the folder or anything in it, the
       error message popped up.

PS: Maybe someone like Joe can just verify this KetronX9 folder size. This is what I read in the Syles product section today:
Henni's Converted Ketron Styles
This section holds a large collection of Henni's Ketron styles converted for use on the Yamaha keyboards. There are three folders included:

Ketron SD1 - 1,446 styles
Ketron XD9 - 3,195 styles    <<<<< files size too big - split into 2 folders >>>>>
Ketron XD - 377 styles

7.  Now I decided to zero in on this folder and play with the entries and thought off the bat that
     maybe I can start with a logical number of 1024, 2048 entries per folder.  NOPE!!!!!!!!!! Not that
     logical.

8.  Bottom the max entries for a STYLE search is 2500 entries per folder. This equates to 250 pages
     to be displayed on the keyboard for your search argument.   

9.  Yes I did do the test to add 1 more entry to the count and it did fail.

10. I then cloned one of the USBs and put 199,345 folder and entries on it with no folder exceeding 2500 entries in it and my keyboard is still smiling. Yes execution time is slower but all is working.

Conclusion: 

1. I and I say "I" because I choose too, can have as many folders on my USB(s) as long as I DO
      NOT exceed 2500 entries in that folder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I would love to know if this is documented and of course not reading the manual in it's entirety does not help and also if this behavior is the same on the all the Genos?

Always something interesting. I would like to see if I can find the limits for the other things like voices and pads but don't have that entries to populate a folder.  I will for the heck of it play with my registrations and confirm for me at least the breaking point there.

Question for Yamaha: Why not be consistent with your search logic or at least make your messages more user friendly with a bit more meaningful information?

This link is the one for the Search behavior very strange on - SX700 -  GOOD NEWs
  https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,69150.msg520674.html#msg520674

dom
PSR-E Series / Re: Expectation of the PSR-E483
« Last post by casiokid on Today at 06:31:08 PM »
Portamento?  Casio can manage to include it on their CT-S1000V/500 and their X3000/5000 models
Genos - General / Re: Help to Copy Registration
« Last post by donmac875 on Today at 05:29:37 PM »
Thanks Fred.
Genos2 / Re: New firmware 1.04 Genos2
« Last post by Gunnar Jonny on Today at 05:13:12 PM »
Not much of an update then

Nah... just some bugfix, but it's a kind of proof that all the engineers have not gone to sleep at Yamaha.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last post by bpsafran on Today at 04:20:19 PM »
Thanks. I saw what Yamaha wrote that you quoted above,
but was wondering if the minor bug fixes included having style
dynamics control memorized into a registration. I cannot
do the upgrade for a while. 
« Last post by EileenL on Today at 03:50:29 PM »
[V1.02 to V1.04]

Fixed a problem in which Split Points were not reproduced correctly when loading a Registration Memory Bank file that included Split Points set to lower than C1 or higher than C6.
Fixed a problem in which loading a Registration Memory Bank file while playing an Audio Style caused delay in the playback.
Fixed other minor problems.
Genos - General / Re: Help to Copy Registration
« Last post by Fred Smith on Today at 02:29:16 PM »
To copy a registration:

1. Load your source registration
2. Load your target bank. Do NOT press any of its buttons.
3. Press Memory>target button.
4. Save the bank.

Cheers,
Fred
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk