Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
The Next Yamaha Keyboard / Re: Why do we always want more?
« Last post by soryt on Today at 11:36:46 AM »
The only answer is , Because we are human  8)
« Last post by NativeAngels on Today at 11:26:30 AM »
I think the question should be how do we adapt what we already have?
Have you learned how to edit what you have by adding effects or rebalancing tracks.

I have as a practice when I use or try a style is to put all the tracks to zero and then rebalance them, muting tracks adjusting effects just as a sound engineer would do.

Sometimes even the smallest changes can transform a style.

Exactly the same applies to sounds themselves.

Hello,

1- I have not offended anyone, if so then you have a very short fuse
I just reported it and explained how to simulate the error.
It was tested on the Dutch forum and also reported by the moderator, so it was not that difficult to understand.
2- I am not going to just post a link on this forum because the administrator(s) of this forum regularly receive negative responses.
3- I won't respond to anything anymore, that seems best to me.

regards
« Last post by BogdanH on Today at 08:00:45 AM »
..I always felt that the best way to get more pleasure from them was to play them better.
-is true and is related to thread title question, I think.
Most of us started playing keyboard at older age and so progress to develop playing skill is quite slow.. and it usually stops quite often in relative early stage. Being just a hobby, there's no pressure that would force us to improve and when we reach certain point, there's usually also not enough will anymore.
And so we start looking for new keyboard, thinking that this would improve our result... that it would in some way compensate lack of playing skill. You know what comes then: "wow, listen darling how good this piano sounds! Wait, wait, hear these drums!"  ;D

Bogdan
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: Compressor Setting not saving
« Last post by dlepera on Today at 01:31:06 AM »
Hi Lacko.

Good read for me.  My SX700 does not have "GOLD" hence the settings and ranges to not pertain to me. However I have gotten some ideas and something to play with now. I still do not know why we can't save the new compressor settings but that is fine.  Thanks you.

Regards.       dom
Genos2 / Re: New firmware 1.04 Genos2
« Last post by rattley on Yesterday at 11:51:59 PM »
.............."I have set the 6 knobs to control the volumes, as well as the sliders."

Great Idea!!   Move to the head of the class!!!  -charley
« Last post by mikf on Yesterday at 11:33:10 PM »
Mark, like you say, it’s everyone’s free choice how they get pleasure and value for their money. But as someone who has owned many musical instruments I always felt that the best way to get more pleasure from them was to play them better. I think you might be hinting at that in your last paragraph, …..Just saying…..
Mike
« Last post by Amwilburn on Yesterday at 09:07:08 PM »
Having just added yet another keyboard to the stable I wasn't going to comment on this thread, but now feel obliged to point out how different we all are and how our motivations differ.  Perhaps I had a deprived childhood but I love new toys.  I enjoy the challenge of figuring out how to use them and get the best sounds (for me) that I'm looking for.  Sometimes it isn't easy..... but that's part of it all.  I'm not wealthy, I kept my last car for just over twenty years from new because I don't care about them at all.  All my electronic stuff is networked and working together because that's what I choose to do.  Each to their own.... just enjoy!

That is a *really* healthy attitude!

Nothing to do with being deprived; a lot of us like what we like.

I'm also part of the Xbox Gaming community; some people only like to play free games/included with gamepass games, some people like to only play games they can easily finish; some people like to play games that few other people complete (high ratio games, because so few people complete), and some just like the gamerscore metagame, and don't care what they finish or don't finish on the way.

And these groups all argue with each other: "You only play baby games? What a wuss"; "You don't try to finish every game? Your completion percentage sucks. That's all that matters". Some are even driven to finish a game they hate, because "I have to finish them all" (and you can't. No matter how much you play, how many games you own, you can't finish them all because servers keep shutting down, making some games unplayable).

The point? I've told everyone I talk to in the gaming community: do what you like. It's not someone else's gatekeeping job to say you can only game this way; as long as you enjoy it, who cares?

Same thing with how you choose to spend *your* money. A PC gamer might invest in a new rig every few years, and new graphics and sound cards annually to keep up to date in the meantime. A car guy might get a new car every few years to have the latest and greatest; and some of us will instead drive the car until it can't be driven anymore so that we could instead buy the newest keyboard toy that brings us joy!

But what if I'm not good enough at playing? What if I can't sight read? What if I can't play by ear and can only sight read? What if I don't sing, I'm wasting the mic functions?

I'll say the same thing: who cares as long as you're enjoying yourself?

Mark
« Last post by Amwilburn on Yesterday at 08:31:10 PM »
I have set the 6 knobs to control the volumes, as well as
the sliders. That way you have a choice since the knobs
change the volume from its current setting. But sometimes
you might want to use a slider.

*smacks head* how did I not think of that; that's a great workaround, thanks!

btw I just installed 1.04, it doesn't fix the dynamics control, nor the monaural dsp applied to BigBandBrass SW, nor the newly discovered glitch by musicman01 in the Genos complete pack's MellowTrombone.
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,69441.msg522641/topicseen.html#msg522641

Mark
« Last post by bpsafran on Yesterday at 08:26:47 PM »
I have set the 6 knobs to control the volumes, as well as
the sliders. That way you have a choice since the knobs
change the volume from its current setting. But sometimes
you might want to use a slider.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk