Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
PSR-SX900/SX700/SX600 / Re: Help for PSR-SX700 Legato
« Last post by Denn on Today at 12:28:13 PM »
Go to MENU 2. Voice settings, select "tune' and then portamento. Set this to something over 50. Harmony/echo OFF Mono on.
Genos2 / Has anyone written a Cubase 13 script for genos 2
« Last post by ugawoga on Today at 12:09:05 PM »
Hi
I have been having a go at  using the remote mapping assistant
I am not sure whether you have the Genos external controller midi port off or set to usb1 to write a script.
I am in the dark here and bungling my way through as best as i can.
I went to live control and slider bank  1 is the style 9 to 16 and  slider bank 2 is channels 1 to 10

I set up typing in the first part and manage to touch slider and plant a few sliders  on the bank 1
Switched over to bank2 and not a lot happened as i tried to put in 9 to 16

I need to know how i set Channels 1 to 8 on bank 2 and bank 1 for the 9 to 16 as that is the way Yamaha have set it out
It seems the midi channels are on bank 2 and the style section on bank 1.

It all should be touch a slider and one pops up in the  mapper, but it is not going to plan.
I am not too worried about it as i have a cc 121 controller, but it would be nice to use the sliders on Genos to control the midi out.

I can successfully record Genos 2 to Cubase 13. I have cracked that part But iam on the slippery slope with sliders for volume in Cubase.

I will probably give up soon as it is baffling to get right. Genos seems to have a mind of it's own and only sends out frustration.

Has anyone had a go at writing a Genos script for Cubase 13.

All The best
John :)
I discovered an error in the "Mellow Trombone" sound in the Genos2 Complete
pack.

Attention! the Expansion pack "Genos Complete pack" must be installed.

Here's the explanation:

Select the sound for example: Right 1 via user, Expansion, Genos Complete
pack, "Mellow Trombone".

Play the notes D4-A4 or E4-Bb4 quickly in quick succession, sometimes it
takes a while before it happens, but there is often a high peak tone that
can sometimes shock you!!

Attention! don't turn up the volume too high.

There are currently several owners who are also experiencing the same
problem, also on the Genos 2 forum Netherlands.

The Next Yamaha Keyboard / Re: Why do we always want more?
« Last post by KurtAgain on Today at 09:53:58 AM »
When I think about replacing my keyboard with a new one, I actually want a new toy.

Then I ask myself the two questions that would probably ruin our economy if everyone did that:
1) Do I really need this?
2) And if so, do I really need this right now?

But the next day I would like to have a new toy again... :)
The Next Yamaha Keyboard / Why do we always want more?
« Last post by Divemaster on Today at 08:36:06 AM »
In a segment of time where we have the best selection of keyboards ever offered, why are we never satisfied?
Reading the forums most days, it's full of IF only it had this, that or the other.
Shame they didn't include X or Y.
Will the next models have it... Whatever IT refers to.

When we buy our keyboards, we know what we're getting  We can check out the spec beforehand.
So why do we always expect more?

How many of actually really LOVE what we've got, and get enjoyment from playing. And correspondingly, how many of us just seem to want to find issues with our brand new keyboards almost from day 1?
Of course everybody wants different things from an arranger, but are some of the expectations, balanced against what we're willing to pay, realistic?

So... In YOUR view... What makes the perfect arranger? The one you could buy today, and be entirely happy with?

Or do we just like moaning about what we didn't get?  ;)
Tyros 2 (SFF1) / Re: Song dedicated Styles for Tyros 2
« Last post by Divemaster on Today at 06:12:11 AM »
 You'll find plenty of this kind of material all ready to use under GIG Disks on the main website. All will work fine on the T2. These files are a goldmine and the performers who originally put a lot of hard work into compiling them, some of them no longer with us, are to be thanked for their generosity.

https://psrtutorial.com/sty/gigDisks/index.html

As well as Charleys amazing collection. Don't forget that the Tyros has it's own Music Finder database built in.
If your family member is just starting out, there will be plenty there for him/her to start out with while they discover how the T2 works.
Building your own collection takes time but you'll find plenty in the main psr site as above to get inspiration.

Keith
PSR-E Series / Re: Expectation of the PSR-E483
« Last post by SciNote on Today at 03:11:57 AM »
Portamento?  Casio can manage to include it on their CT-S1000V/500 and their X3000/5000 models

Not only that, but the PSR-I500, a direct relative of the E463, already has it.  I was very surprised not to see it on the E473.

And Casio has provided many of these features, like additional registrations and a more advanced style engine, for years.  However, it is in my opinion that they skimp in other areas.  No live control knobs on the CTX-3000 and 5000, confusing workflow on those keyboards, and not enough direct controls in the newer models, like the CTS-500 and 1000V.  If I'm not mistaken, you cannot have the full set of style controls and registration controls accessible at the same time.  You have to page back and forth between them from a menu.  Not very convenient to do while playing a live song.
Tyros 2 (SFF1) / Re: Song dedicated Styles for Tyros 2
« Last post by rattley on Yesterday at 11:58:12 PM »
Hello!!

I uploaded a huge collection of song specific styles that were said to be originally made on a Tyros2. There are 2400 styles in this collection. Best wishes.  -charley

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,69236.0.html

Link to style files

https://ln5.sync.com/dl/54143e4c0/28sudp7q-jx7ehdfb-gj8ge35c-idawe7ru

Tyros 2 (SFF1) / Song dedicated Styles for Tyros 2
« Last post by adrianed on Yesterday at 09:58:10 PM »
Hi folks,
I have given my T2 to a family member who is showing signs of interest in playing
I was just wondering if anyone might have some song dedicated styles for this model that don’t need converting for it
Only song dedicated ones please
I will start him off with my methods because that is all I know
I use song dedicated styles to start off each of my registrations
Looking forward to your response
Adrian
Ps I don’t have T2 dedicated song styles myself because I didn’t know about them in those days
Tyros 5 (SFF2) / Re: Swedish Midies
« Last post by Karl52 on Yesterday at 09:25:29 PM »
Hi!
I have some files on my OneDrive that I want to share with you.
What link should I put so you can use them?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk